FREE RIFLE!

PatMcD

NES Member
Well, for the day anyway.

See my post in the Rifle Competition forum "Maine SR Championship".

Anybody who thinks they want to give High Power shooting a try, here is my offer:

You can use my Smith Enterprise M14 NM. I will supply all the ammo. I have a spare scope, mat, etc.. You can use my coat if we are on opposite relays, otherwise, we can probably get another shooters'.

Preference goes to junior shooters and females, then Maine residents, then anybody.

If you want to shoot .223, you can shoot my AR spacegun. Again, all ammo supplied. You won't be eligible for place awards though, since this is a Service Rifle match.

A very generous offer! Also I think the Maine State Rifle & Pistol has a couple of loaner AR rifles if someone want to borrow them for the match.

B

My eyes don't do iron sights well anymore. Before Tri-focals, heck, before bi-focals, an M14 with standard battle sights could hit the target at 600 yards in my hands. I remember those days well, but now I need glass of some sort on all but my most "personal" of guns. I'm even considering a few J-frames for laser grips.

Anyone who hasn't shot a quality M14/M1A, should avail themselves of your opportunity.

How many shooters are signed up for the match?

What time does the match start?

med_flashlight_big_gun.jpg

Last edited:
How many shooters are signed up for the match?

Can I shoot a Winchester M70 30-06 with a scope? or a Ruger mini 14 .223 with Iron peep?

What time does the match start?

No idea how many will be there. Figure anywhere from 15 to 30.

The Winchester M70 won't work. Iron sights, only. Plus, you need the ability to rapidly reload, and unless you have a stripper-clip slot milled in the receiver, it's going to be very hard. The scope would be in the way in any event.

The Mini-14 would work, I guess, but it would be pretty frustrating. This is a full-course match (meaning we will be shooting at 200-300-600 yds). I think you would be better off just using my rifle.

Back
Top Bottom