Friend of Mine Finds Some 1945 Ammo in The Ceiling of Her New House

As if @Admin put the decimal point in the right place...

Yeesh, Jack; Don't Kill The Sale.
You'll get your jar of cashews as a finder's fee.
Well, it was right next to this old pistol that said Colt Walker S/N C50. I'm not into black powder so I just left it there. Jack.

@AHM , I’ve used SOS steel wool pads on many antique knives over the years without any I’ll effect. Keeping away from the softer steels with it. Some of the scotchbrite pads will damage steels imo.
Thanks much for the sanity check/talking me off the ledge from spreading FUD.

I’m no antique collector but anything I’ve ever seen on tv about antique guns and knives was people saying DO NOT try to clean them up. Collectors want them in original condition. The ones I’ve seen that got “cleaned up” nobody ever wanted or the value was now greatly decreased.

I don’t know if either of those items are worth anything, but I’d sure check before touching them up with anything.

I’m no antique collector but anything I’ve ever seen on tv about antique guns and knives was people saying DO NOT try to clean them up. Collectors want them in original condition. The ones I’ve seen that got “cleaned up” nobody ever wanted or the value was now greatly decreased.

I don’t know if either of those items are worth anything, but I’d sure check before touching them up with anything.

This is true, broadly, but you do want to take care of active rust. The trick is to do that while keeping the patina.

I wondered where all the .22 Longs went. How many NESers have ever seen any?
I have some older ones kicking around from my dad and my grandfather and I have some CCI's from about 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure CCI still makes em though.

Last edited:
I bought our household box cutter ... at a hamfest: ... One day I used it to cut something that got schmutz on the blade,
and ... used the scrubby side of a Scotch-Brite® scrub/sponge to clean it up. ... it was rusting wherever the pad had touched it ...
I went nuts on it with something (maybe even just paper towels) and 3-in-1, and the rust went away never to return. But to this day you can see where the tipmost few blade segments are discolored from the rust have invaluable patina.
If I ever sell this, it'll be priced as a one-of-a-kind antique worth more than any ol' ceiling guns.
... you do want to take care of active rust. The trick is to do that while keeping the patina.
Thanks for the tip.

I own a 1968 H&R 929 9-shot. that I got for free. all it needed was a new trigger spring. Thanks Numrich!

looks like this...

View attachment 595349
I also own a 929 ‘side-kick!’

It was found in my friends house when he bought it, missing some parts (numrich or whatever had it all) but it works. Great beater gun and fun to shoot too. I traded a 12 pack of Budweiser for it!

Funny the shot you find in a house....and he was only the second owner, built early 2000s!!

OP, the gun likely ain’t worth the effort to sell, tell your friend to clean it up and use it for plinking.

Indeed. The only thing I ever found in a ceiling was an old hackey sack, and cat turds.
ceiling-cat.jpg

Cool find for sure. I will bet that there is more to be found. Metal detecting the property would be in order as well.

Bob

So the house was built in 1935. She said it's made with parts from some other houses. I don't know if that is normal for something built during the Depression. I didn't think many houses were built then but what do I know.

She did find a key which doesn't fit anywhere 152592.jpeg ..

So the house was built in 1935. She said it's made with parts from some other houses. I don't know if that is normal for something built during the Depression. I didn't think many houses were built then but what do I know.
Have her send you photos of her basement walls and floor. Never know when newer bricks or different cement will lead to something exciting...

Saugus guy is a brainwashed cuck.

'The new homeowner does not consider his find good fortune.

“Lucky would be a million dollars,” chuckles Carvalho. “This is not luck.”

He knows he did the right thing by turning over the guns to police, but worries about the can of worms he may have opened in the process.'

Saugus guy is a brainwashed cuck.
He knows he did the right thing by turning over the guns to police, but worries about the can of worms he may have opened in the process.'
Peak LOLs would be a reporter asking him if he was afraid of the gang coming back,
and him responding, "not anymore - I only turned in the guns I didn't want".

Back
Top Bottom