Friends of NRA dinner, Sept 21st Leominster

Hi All,
I'm helping organize a Friends of NRA dinner in Leominster on September 21st. Dinner starts at 6pm. We have about 10 firearms to raffle/auction off during the evening plus lots of other items. The events are lots of fun and 100% of profits are returned to the public through grants. More info for these events can be found at:

http://www.nrafoundation.org/friends/

Ticket can be purchased from our treasurer Lynn at 978 456 9944

I'd love to attend... if you didn't hold it on YOM KIPPUR!!! [crying]

I strongly doubt you will find ANY Jewish gun owners there that night.

Sadly, you are not the first person to say that. Sorry for not checking. You can purchase some raffle tickets for the gun of the year. You donly have to be present to win. Only 300 tickers are printed. It is an S+W 460 revolver with FNRA engraving, 1 of 1000 made. Nice concealed carry gun. :9)
Rick

Ross, there are so few of us that I doubt that they looked at a calendar or cared. [thinking]

That may be a little harsh. I do care. I remember the meeting when we picked the date, we all looked at the Dunkin Donuts calendar we had in front of us and just picked that Friday. Whatever day we pick is bad for someone. Over the years we got negative comments for having it during the week or on a weekend night or during bear season or why so early, why so late.... the list goes on.
Rick

That may be a little harsh. I do care. I remember the meeting when we picked the date, we all looked at the Dunkin Donuts calendar we had in front of us and just picked that Friday. Whatever day we pick is bad for someone. Over the years we got negative comments for having it during the week or on a weekend night or during bear season or why so early, why so late.... the list goes on.
Rick

Rick, I stand by my statement! Not harsh at all, just the ugly truth.

Comparing it to ". . . during the week or on a weekend night or during bear season . . ." proves my point of insensitivity!

Want to draw comparisons? Try comparing it to holding this on Christmas, Easter Sunday or Good Friday! Those might be a fair comparison.

I listened to the same sorry excuses when DEC planned their worldwide DECUS in Boston during the Jewish High Holidays years ago. They promised not to do it again, and then did it again a few years later. In that case it also involved ~1,000 employees, many of them Jewish and ~20K customers of all religions, thus it was a major mess.

Microsoft did the same thing with one of the Microsoft MVP Summits I was invited to (along with 3000 others + 1000 employees) a few years ago.

I just loaded the jewish calendar to my iCal calendar program. Next years dinner is on the 19th of September. Looks like smooth sailing for 2008.

Rick

I just loaded the jewish calendar to my iCal calendar program. Next years dinner is on the 19th of September. Looks like smooth sailing for 2008.
Thank you, Rick. I know that there aren't many of us Jewish gun owners around.... but check out http://jpfo.org/; some of us are a pretty vocal bunch. Some of us learn from history.

Thank you, Rick. I know that there aren't many of us Jewish gun owners around.... but check out http://jpfo.org/; some of us are a pretty vocal bunch. Some of us learn from history.

That is a good website. It is beyond me to understand why the majority of the jewish comminity is so anti-gun. Keep up the good fight! The big reason why I started the junior rifle program at my club is just so that todays kids have at least an opportinity to learn about firearms. Education is a good thing.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom