• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Wayne guilty.

I'm a member of the S&W forum and the mods jump in and warn that they "support the NRA" and negative comments violate their policies.
A thread there has been interrupted several times with warnings.
At least free speech is allowed here.
I wonder if they feel the same way about GOA and SAF.

edit:
Just got a PM from one of the mods saying to that they deleted mine and other posts that "bashed" the NRA .
They urged my caution, said they "they didn't ding me" and I should "consider it a gift."
Good grief.....

Last edited:
I'm a member of the S&W forum and the mods jump in and warn that they "support the NRA" and negative comments violate their policies.

edit:
Just got a PM from one of the mods saying to that they deleted mine and other posts that "bashed" the NRA .
They urged my caution, said they "they didn't ding me" and I should "consider it a gift."
Good grief.....
Moderation is difficult to get right and different folks will have different opinions about it. While I sometimes think we should be a bit more restrictive here, the mods at S&W forum take it to a whole other level.

edit:
Good grief.....
I'm a member there also, one has to tread carefully over there!

Not like a Republican AG was going to bring Wayne down
Sometimes your worst deranged enemy inadvertently ends up doing you a great big favor. Rare for sure, but it does happen. This is such a case.

The $64,000 question is where the NRA goes from here. I want to be optimistic, but I am fearful that the BOD may be incapable of doing the right things.

I hate to reference CNN or quote them, but they have a long article on this case with some details that I have not seen elsewhere.

CNN Article

And here is the interesting quote:

But the jury did not find him liable for breaking laws against self-dealing when he secured a post-employment contract with the NRA in a package the New York Attorney General’s Office valued at over $17 million, finding it was properly approved in advance by the NRA board.

There are not a lot more details, but it seems like Wayne is expected to be paid another $17 million by the NRA, and that contract is going to stand.

If this is true, it pretty much dashes my hopes for the NRA to right the ship. It seems like there is total agreement in the board that the NRA really is just Wayne's piggy bank, even if he is no longer officially at the helm.

It makes me mad, and sad, that the NRA board has so totally lost sight of the 2nd Amendment mission that they think this is a valid way to spend money. But I am not surprised.

Bittersweet. Glad the jerk got jacked up but hate giving NY AG a win.

The ruling makes wayne pay back the nra.....so the nra members are the winners.
“She originally sought to have the entire organization dissolved, but Manhattan Judge Joel M. Cohen ruled in 2022 that the allegations did not warrant a “corporate death penalty.””

This is a good thing the NRA gets his money back. We get rid of Wayne. They were ordered to repay the money but she wanted to add the organization. They’re trying to get the money and dissolve the entire thing but instead they basically did us a favor.

She’s selling it as a win but really she’s got mud on her face. This never had to do with Wayne stealing money I had to do with f***ing the NRA.

Moderation is difficult to get right and different folks will have different opinions about it. While I sometimes think we should be a bit more restrictive here, the mods at S&W forum take it to a whole other level.
Off the topic a bit but, not just modding, but some of the rules on other forums are wack.
I was on a car forum and got warned because I posted an item for sale and only had 4 posts. Needed 5 to post a for sale.

Agreed, sometimes things go a bit of track at NES and get petty.
But I see discussion of the most recognized gun rights organization as a valid topic for any gun rights/shooters forum.
Wait a minute... guns? I thought this was Northeast PurseSwingers. I've been lied to! 🤣

edit:
Good grief.....

Free speech does not apply when someone else owns the platform.

NES just let's it be. But there was a dark time to NES. You ever wondered why there is a separate CAT and DOG funny pic thread?

There was a mod, might still be around (don't know, don't care), that would lock the funny pic thread every time someone posted a cat meme or video.

Sometimes your worst deranged enemy inadvertently ends up doing you a great big favor. Rare for sure, but it does happen. This is such a case.

The $64,000 question is where the NRA goes from here. I want to be optimistic, but I am fearful that the BOD may be incapable of doing the right things.
This is the same board that sat by and let Wayne and Co. burn thru the NRA's money for years. Unless the board is also purged then I expect this will just be the illusion of change. It's going to take more than Wayne getting the boot for me to trust the NRA again and I suspect the next mass shooting or major push on gun laws comes up the NRA is going to relapse and use it as a means to get more funding after pushing for more regulations behind the scenes, then publicly opposing it.

edit:
Good grief.....
“What we tolerate…”

Why stay there? Tell them to get f***ed and the NRA sucks dog balls and cat taint under their moms bed.

I'm glad there's already a thread on this crap-ass, because I have something to say...

I believed in the NRA and was a "card-carrying member", as they like to call us Heston-types who support the 2A.

I was an EPL member on their 10-year plan, and was paying the due, dutifully, because...rights. About halfway through paying that thing off, life got in the way, but then they advertised to my face a lifetime membership for half the price I was already paying. I had even gone on and gotten my NRA Instructor rating during this time, to support the cause of securing said rights though instructing people on proper handgun safety.

I asked them about getting the rest of the dues considered paid, because they were now offering the same lifetime membership I was shooting for for what I had already paid into it. They told me to pound sand.

I let it go for a bit. And then I hear, years later, about Wayne LaPierre pulling the shit that so many of these non-profits pull, which it to take out dues and use it for personal luxury of the leaders? f*** off, mate.

When I coupled that with the thought that the NRA, still to this day, does not require live-fire for sign-off on handgun safety? That was the last straw.

The NRA is now persona-non-grata to me. f*** them, and the grifting POS they have become.

I'd much rather give money to the fine freaks here at NES, which is why I went green again.

Glad the thief is gone. Supporting the NRA is a no brainer. No one comes close to their number of accomplishments, connections, victories, and ability to galvanize millions of Americans to call, write, and vote for 2A.

edit:
Good grief.....
And you didn't immediately reply back to them with a "Gobble my hog, and give me my f***ing ding, you absolute LaPierre taint licking cuck!!"??

What, do they give you free shit over there or something? [rofl]

I'm glad there's already a thread on this crap-ass, because I have something to say...

I believed in the NRA and was a "card-carrying member", as they like to call us Heston-types who support the 2A.

I was an EPL member on their 10-year plan, and was paying the due, dutifully, because...rights. About halfway through paying that thing off, life got in the way, but then they advertised to my face a lifetime membership for half the price I was already paying. I had even gone on and gotten my NRA Instructor rating during this time, to support the cause of securing said rights though instructing people on proper handgun safety.

I asked them about getting the rest of the dues considered paid, because they were now offering the same lifetime membership I was shooting for for what I had already paid into it. They told me to pound sand.

I let it go for a bit. And then I hear, years later, about Wayne LaPierre pulling the shit that so many of these non-profits pull, which it to take out dues and use it for personal luxury of the leaders? f*** off, mate.

When I coupled that with the thought that the NRA, still to this day, does not require live-fire for sign-off on handgun safety? That was the last straw.

The NRA is now persona-non-grata to me. f*** them, and the grifting POS they have become.

I'd much rather give money to the fine freaks here at NES, which is why I went green again.

The rot goes far beyond Wayne the thief. A pile of people who supported him need to be held responsible for this fiduciary irresponsibility. I wonder if a class action lawsuit against the individuals involved could be effective?
Basically this is how I see it. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Until I SEE actually a meaningful change at the NRA which wasn't forced on it by the courts, but rather chosen through their own means, they wont be getting another dime from me. I don't give a flying f*** what anyone here says about them, or how needed they are etc etc... And yeah you can go 'but muh Bruen!!' all day long.. it clearly means absolutely jack shit if the courts wont even uphold it, and it arguably has perhaps done more harm for us in the short term than any positive it may give us in the long... at least for us in MA, especially if the courts turn down the SC next case...

Back
Top Bottom