• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Full Auto Sear For $23?

honeypot.jpg

Wouldn't it be fun if an ATF agent who didn't know about the operation bought it, trying to bust somebody? Then they'd both go to arrest each other, with tanks and 1,000 federal troops, and two houses would get burned down, their sons and nursing wives would be shot by agents from deep cover, and the whole area cordoned off for a three mile radius. Oh the hilarity that would ensue over this little piece of metal and the "sting" operation that the left hand conducted without telling the right hand!!!

Well now don't I feel like an ass. Thanks for the info.

Now that I think of it, I have no idea how AKs work, so maybe there is some non-NFA reason one would use a full-auto sear. Or, maybe some NFA expert can tell us if there is a situation where a registered receiver might allow replacement of the sear. I really don't know. But I guess this could be a legit sale. I know you can't just buy parts to convert a semi to full-auto, at least not with paying big bucks, going through the NFA process, etc.

Ok guys, take off the tin foil hats...real simple its just a part, its not even some sort of "suspect" conversion device (unregistered drop in auto sear) it just an "factory" AK auto sear, go buy an AK parts kit and unless the importer/distributor pulled it, you'll have one too. Is it of any use to most people, nope...but nothing I see even remotely illegal about it...A bit over priced for what it is, unless you have a registered AK, no reason to waste $25 on it...but relax...no different than the regular M16 sears which range from free-$10 all over the place...

Hell even the "shadey" "pre81 AR DIAS's" are perfectly legal if you don't have an AR, and this isn't even in that "shadey" catagory...Don't know why you'd want one, but if you want to waste your $$$ on it, go ahead, no one will be kicking in your door (unless you have done something else)...

Ok guys, take off the tin foil hats...real simple its just a part, its not even some sort of "suspect" conversion device (unregistered drop in auto sear) it just an "factory" AK auto sear, go buy an AK parts kit and unless the importer/distributor pulled it, you'll have one too. Is it of any use to most people, nope...but nothing I see even remotely illegal about it...A bit over priced for what it is, unless you have a registered AK, no reason to waste $25 on it...but relax...no different than the regular M16 sears which range from free-$10 all over the place...

Hell even the "shadey" "pre81 AR DIAS's" are perfectly legal if you don't have an AR, and this isn't even in that "shadey" catagory...Don't know why you'd want one, but if you want to waste your $$$ on it, go ahead, no one will be kicking in your door (unless you have done something else)...

Now will this turn any AK full auto though or does it take more? Not asking because I want to do anything illegal. Just curious.

Wouldn't it be fun if an ATF agent who didn't know about the operation bought it, trying to bust somebody? Then they'd both go to arrest each other, with tanks and 1,000 federal troops, and two houses would get burned down, their sons and nursing wives would be shot by agents from deep cover, and the whole area cordoned off for a three mile radius. Oh the hilarity that would ensue over this little piece of metal and the "sting" operation that the left hand conducted without telling the right hand!!!

Don't forget that both dogs were shot, too, but all agents went home safe and sound.

Fixxah: Great minds think alike, but yours just thinks a little faster than mine.....Sorry.

Last edited:
Now will this turn any AK full auto though or does it take more? Not asking because I want to do anything illegal. Just curious.

Umm...that item is completely useless to semi-auto AK owners, really only real use would be to FA AK owners. So without getting into the specifics (I am sure there are plenty of sites on the Net that you can visit to get the specifics) making additional modifications to a semi AK firearm would be required to use that part, and doing so would not be legal.

ok, so i want one now.... but i dislike commie guns...

[rofl] rat tat tat tat! [mg]

j/k i'll stick to my AR's. the symbol of freedom because i love america. [thinking]

ok, so i want one now.... but i dislike commie guns...

[rofl] rat tat tat tat! [mg]

j/k i'll stick to my AR's. the symbol of freedom because i love america. [thinking]

sounds like someone is in denial [wink]

as per these "auto sears", every one of my parts kits have come with them. They even came with the regulator spring, regulator, and axis pin. Federal PMITA prison isn't high on my vacation lists. So I take a hammer to them and hang them on my foreign AK gas piston wind chime.

Last edited:
This sear is no different than say, having an HK swing down lower/burst pack. They're not controlled parts. Now, have enough crap with it, and you might have a ticket to prison.

ARs are a little more sensitive, having an unregistered DIAS and an AR in the same house, and the chain of prosecution is way easier. IIRC in this case there are BATFE rulings on the
issue.

-Mike

Don't forget that both dogs were shot, too, but all agents went home safe and sound.

Fixxah: Great minds think alike, but yours just thinks a little faster than mine.....Sorry.

Don't forget the kitten stomping, cat lovers are not exempt either....

http://www.atfabuse.com/heresay-6.html

"Finally, at about three o'clock, the wrecking crew finished their destruction. In one final unconscionable act, female agent Donna Slusser deliberately stomped to death a cherished Manx kitten, and kicked it under a tree."

-Mike

sounds like someone is in denial [wink]

as per these "auto sears", every one of my parts kits have come with them. They even came with the regulator spring, regulator, and axis pin. Federal PMITA prison isn't high on my vacation lists. So I take a hammer to them and hang them on my foreign AK gas piston wind chime.

i'm going to quote a good friend....
why do you hate America? -Timber

The auto sear alone can not cause the weapon to become full auto. However, once the receiver is drilled to accept the auto sear, you have just created a machine gun.

The auto sear alone can not cause the weapon to become full auto. However, once the receiver is drilled to accept the auto sear, you have just created a machine gun.

Well, it takes more than just that. You need a full auto bolt carrier and other fire control parts. You need to drill and rivet in various places. You also have to be licensed to do so. The end result will be a registered post sample gun without a lot of value. Jack.

Actually has some good stuff for sale.

Maybe so, but I wouldn't want to be in his customer database.

Then they'd both go to arrest each other

I remember watching a video of a federal sting of a small town official in a bribery bust. The feds moved in to arrest the mayor for taking a bribe right after he accepted the cash, and encountered the local PD who were running an undercover operation and tried to arrest the feds for attempted bribery.

Well, it takes more than just that.

It depends on what you mean by "make". There are things that can be done to a receiver that fall far short of what is necessary to make it run full auto, but will cause it to fall under the Full Auto definition used by the feds. I suspect that is what the OP was referring to when he said "once the receiver is drilled..." For example, it is likely that an AR lower with the holes for the auto sear pin will be considered a full auto gun even in the absence of the other necessary parts (hammer, autosear, bolt, etc.).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom