Garands what to look for/stay away from

There are some top notch gunsmith out there that work on Garands. If you do make a mistake the rifle is so popular and so many parts that you can get it fixed. Recently sent my old beater to a fellow that tuned and tweaked and timed it into a real good shooter. One of the very best rifles ever made so don't be afraid to buy one.

Take pictures before you buy and show them to the fellows who know everything about them, there is a lot of good help out there.
there are several top notch gun smiths but most are always fedex away or to busy to check it out in a few days IF the seller agrees to a 3-5 day non firing inspection

Noahs motors is the only shop i know in mass with ability and tools for the M1

Last edited:
While I am not a "shop", I would be willing to look at a persons garand to give it a once over. I have the tools and have done my own work on Garands for yrs. Was also a volunteer for CMP for many yrs.

While I am not a "shop", I would be willing to look at a persons garand to give it a once over. I have the tools and have done my own work on Garands for yrs. Was also a volunteer for CMP for many yrs.

Nice offer and I will off the same for folks down the south shore.
I do not have a timming block or a gas cylinder gauge but out of need have learned to repair and build my own M1s
My only regret is not buying more parts kits when they where 75$ and receivers where 100$ or so.
I have headspace, finish reamer, barrel vise and receiver wrench.

Back
Top Bottom