• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gen Z/ Millennial Nurse asks for discount coffee at Walpole Cumberland Farms.

When will engineers be considered heroes? Next time you fly in a plane and the wings don’t fall off ... go hug an engineer and say “thank you”

if they do fall off it’s the pilots fault, he was prob up all night with a nurse.

i can't stand it when healthcare people use their hospital scrubs like it is everyday apparel. These are the a**h***s spreading sicknesses. Not just that, they want to be "special" by displaying a uniform while walking around in the grocery department or on the street or train.

Every time I meet a nurse all they do is complain about their job all day long, talk about how stressful and important their job is and the best part: they all say they know more than the doctors and deserve to get paid more because their job is harder and more important.
Adding ... I am not generalizing, I am sure there are sane nurses out there. I just haven't met one.

F'ing millenials with their participation trophies. Who thought that was good idea and pampered and pandered the millenials into being worthless pussies?
Oh right it was boomer parents, boomer teachers, and boomer coaches. Thanks again boomers. Thank God us GenXers were simply ignored by adults way better than the upbringing the millenials had.

Why are so many of them super fat? You'd think they'd understand the health implications.

here's how it works critter. The nurses come into the field all young, fit, idealistic and full of energy. The job itself is harder and more tiring than most people could imagine. No hospital has adequate staffing in terms of good patient care. Soon they burn out. They realize their career choice sucks, people suck, hospital managers suck, dealing with the state, licenses, and CEU's sucks, generally life just sucks. There goes the diet and fitness regimen.

F'ing millenials with their participation trophies. Who thought that was good idea and pampered and pandered the millenials into being worthless pussies?
Oh right it was boomer parents, boomer teachers, and boomer coaches. Thanks again boomers. Thank God us GenXers were simply ignored by adults way better than the upbringing the millenials had.

It's a split between late boomers and early GenXers. Early boomers didn't go for that crap. As an early GenXer parent, I was the @sshole (to some) for not subscribing to the 'everyone is a winner' mentality. Actually in our community the conservative realists slightly outnumbered the liberal idealists and at one point ousted most of the school board when they were caught staging secret meetings (sans the known conservatives and independants) to force liberal agendas into the school system.

For chrissakes. The girl went to school, got a job and goes to work. Scumby's advertised a special offer that applied to her and she asked about it. That is all that happened here. She's not "worthless pssy" or "pampered millennial" as you put it.

This place is crazy on this topic. Why not rage against all the cops don't even pretend to offer to pay for coffee. Now thats a real entitled group.

For chrissakes. The girl went to school, got a job and goes to work. Scumby's advertised a special offer that applied to her and she asked about it. That is all that happened here. She's not "worthless pssy" or "pampered millennial" as you put it.

This place is crazy on this topic. Why not rage against all the cops don't even pretend to offer to pay for coffee. Now thats a real entitled group.
Re-read time. Picking on millenials was just a stepping stone for good ole boomer bashing. I even excused her generation because they are victims of their boomer guardians. The world has pity for millenials, hatred for boomers.

i can't stand it when healthcare people use their hospital scrubs like it is everyday apparel. These are the a**h***s spreading sicknesses. Not just that, they want to be "special" by displaying a uniform while walking around in the grocery department or on the street or train.

Dunno why, but I find a pretty nurse in scrubs/nurse clogs incredibly sexy.

No bro, boomers were the grandparents. It was you Gen X. You guys even created the .40. 😁

Yikes, lots of nurse hate here. I am going to guess you guys are confusing nurse aids, CNAs, LPNs, and other nurse support positions within healthcare. My wife RN-BSN (4 year college degree) worked part-time at a nursing facility and she was the only registered nurse overseeing dozens of staff taking care of the patients. You most likely rarely interact with Registred Nurse nowadays.

Nurses are underpaid, their job maxes out at $80k-$100k per year unless you are working nights, weekends, and holidays. I am hiring engineers and business/finance folks right out of school and they are commanding $60-70k a year for a similar 4-year degree. It blows my mind that an RN/BSN managing a team of dozens of nurses makes not much more than that.

Complaining about doctors, patients, co-workers is just a coping mechanism in any high-stress job.

Chris

Yikes, lots of nurse hate here. I am going to guess you guys are confusing nurse aids, CNAs, LPNs, and other nurse support positions within healthcare. My wife RN-BSN (4 year college degree) worked part-time at a nursing facility and she was the only registered nurse overseeing dozens of staff taking care of the patients. You most likely rarely interact with Registred Nurse nowadays.

Nurses are underpaid, their job maxes out at $80k-$100k per year unless you are working nights, weekends, and holidays. I am hiring engineers and business/finance folks right out of school and they are commanding $60-70k a year for a similar 4-year degree. It blows my mind that an RN/BSN managing a team of dozens of nurses makes not much more than that.

Complaining about doctors, patients, co-workers is just a coping mechanism in any high-stress job.

Chris

Idk about floor nurses i am sure they bust their ass on the floors but OR nurses suck, it is common place saying that the OR is where nursing comes to die, they want to do as little as possible yet get paid the big bucks. I work with nurses in the OR, 90% of them are lazy and have a superiority complex. They sit at their desk on the computer googling or using their phones. They don't move half as fast as me or my colleagues. Surgical Aides put in more work than me and i am a tech. Nurses collect double or triple what i make and they do nothing but keyboard commando, saying hey can you get this or that. Don't help turn over rooms etc. MNA limits everyone elses scope of practice but give themselves all the power. Surgical aides, Nurse assistants work harder as well.

This rant is retarded. The story and issue has nothing to do with the woman being a nurse and everything to do with her entitled attitude. I have the utmost respect for nurses. Most of them have studied and worked hard long hours to get where they are. My daughter and daughter in law included.

As with any profession or large group there are of course slackers who take advantage of their position if that is their mental makeup and upbringing. If she was an IT jock or plumber or LEO it would make no difference to me. It’s the person, not their profession that counts.

Last edited:
Okay, now I understand what's going on here:

"WESTBOROUGH, /PRNewswire/ — EG Group today announced that, effective immediately, it is adding healthcare workers to the current group of first responders and military personnel who may receive free coffee at its nine convenience retailers across the United States. Brands operated by EG Group include Certified Oil, Cumberland Farms, Fastrac, Kwik Shop, Loaf ‘n Jug, Minit Mart, Quik Stop, Tom Thumb and Turkey Hill.

“Across the country, emergency first responders and healthcare workers continue to work long hours and make personal sacrifices for the health and safety of our communities,” said George Fournier, President of EG America. “We are beyond grateful for their service, and hope that this small gesture helps fuel these unsung heroes throughout the day as they continue the great work they’re doing to keep our communities safe.”

To receive a free coffee, doctors, nurses, hospital and medical staff, and medical researchers simply need to inform a Team Member of their profession upon checkout."

Clearly, NES objects to this policy as it applies to nurses. [thinking]

Not only that, the training is ridiculously poor. I'm not expecting miracles right out of the gate, but 95% of RNs don't know how to start an IV. It's to the point where I see no discernible difference between a nurse and medical assistant (6 months vocational school). They both start at the same level.
Healthcare is a cutthroat field to be in. If you're not built real tough, you are just not going to last.

And of course, nurses are always patting themselves on the back for shit they're supposed to do: "oh I'm a first responder, I take care of patients, we run everything, doctors know nothing, nurses day, coffee mugs that say nurses are the best, etc." I don't buy any of that.

Watch. Medical quality is going to decrease over the years. Physicians have allowed the medical profession to be overrun by these unionized nurses who truly believe they're equal to a doctor. If you want to be a doctor, go to medical school. If I want to be a plumber, I'm not going to watch youtube, I'm going to school, apprenticeship, etc. We have nurses giving general anesthesia! WTF! Pretty soon the only MDs left will be surgeons and even then it'll be a nurse someday.

Sorry to hear the hate. Most of the anesthesia is the US (and almost all the anesthesia in the military) is administered by CRNAs. It’s been like this forever. Same outcomes, less cost. Plenty of terrible nurses out there, but there are lots of equally incompetent MDs. I would suggest an open mind and a look at the outcome studies.

The part about stress makes sense. That's why they end up on the crazy scale in the same bucket amongst other derelict-career women.

Explains the drinking & wild behavior, poor choices that ensue coping with stress.

The ones I have known were single in the 35 to 55 age bracket, also often indicative of someone who is hard to actually live in the same house with.

Fat was not something I ever noticed though, usually they are of reasonable weight, not athletic or the type who exercises much rather more the type who smokes, drinks a lot of coffee or booze depending on the time of day, and doesn’t eat much.

But the well adjusted married with kids RN is probably a little more comfortable in her life & busy with family stuff, versus the one who lives in an apartment or condo with only maybe a pet.

Unless they are at a nurse unionized hospital in which case sorry doc can’t do that about to go on my union protected 15 min break. Sorry doc got union protected lunch break. Sorry doc can’t discharge that patient, Im off shift in 45 minutes and can’t stay a second longer and I can’t print papers and hand them to a patient and pull an IV so that will have to wait for the next shift.

Very over worked and without time to eat!

There’s good/great nurses that manage a floor and keep the patients monitored and well cared for, and take up a lot of slack for the MDs who can be good or bad. Then there’s bad nurses that are lazy entitled back talkers who skate. Just like in any occupation.

while it is true, TP, that unions do protect some lazy, useless people, they also protect honest, hardworking people. I'd rather live with the negative aspects of a union to obtain better pay and benefits than rely on managements good graces. Where I work, the nurses are non union. They work hard. Because they are non union, they seem to get jerked around a lot with shift coverages, overtime, and weekend rotations. They get jerked around because the hospital is too cheap to hire the staff they need. Let me rephrase that; they are spending too much money on useless layers of middle management and various compliance officers to spring for actual patient care individuals. I think those ladies and gentlemen would benefit from slapping management with some work rules.

Different experiences for me
probably dated half the nursing staff @ children’s hospital in the 1970 decade
like dating catholic school girls. LOL ALWAYS FUN !
& had two different ones nurse me back to health after near death accidents

i guess that’s when nurses were nurses

Back
Top Bottom