Glenn's reloading and ammo?

Saw his business card at a local GC. Looked on this forum, not a word.

Checked it out today. Appears the owner is the guy that sells ammo at the locals GS's, and if I remember correctly had no shame at taking everyone to the cleaners during the recent ammo shortage.

No bargains at his shop either.

But maybe I am reading this wrong.

I stopped in at Glenn's when he first opened pretty much one of the worst times to try and open a reloading/ammo based shop. Even though the pickings where a little slim I found the prices to be below the "norm" here in mass. I bought some 308 bullets he had. Not a bargain but not so high to leave them on the shelf. It's not easy to get a good deal on bullets/powder/ammo here in mass because even the shops are restricted to X amounts they can have and those terms can,be reduced by the fire chief.
I always try to deal when I stuff I want but not at the asking price.
Buying bullets by 100 or even just a few boxes at a time your just not going to get a deal. I'm going to reading rifle soon and I will be stopping in.

I've been to his shop several times. When I was new to reloading he helped with some good advice on powder. Glenn's a good guy.

I follow him on FB and when I see that he has powder in stock that I need, he'll hold it for me.

His prices are in-line, and I'd rather support a small business than a big box store.

yeah you're reading it wrong, never seen him gouging on ammo prices. And his shop is loaded with reloading supplies (powder, primers, projectiles & brass) as well as ammo both commercial and surplus. AND he has obscure ammo on the shelf that's hard to find elsewhere. I was in there today and the powder selection was amazing. Tons of rifle powders and pistol powders. Unique and bullseye were $23 per, H4985 and I 4895 and I 4064 were about $30 or $30.50 for a few examples. Lead, plated and brass projectiles were abundant with decent prices ($14 for 100 30cal 115gr gas checked lead). Has surplus 7.62x54r, 8mm, 30 carbine, 30-06. Nice assortment of used handguns and long guns too.

yeah you're reading it wrong, never seen him gouging on ammo prices. And his shop is loaded with reloading supplies (powder, primers, projectiles & brass) as well as ammo both commercial and surplus. AND he has obscure ammo on the shelf that's hard to find elsewhere. I was in there today and the powder selection was amazing. Tons of rifle powders and pistol powders. Unique and bullseye were $23 per, H4985 and I 4895 and I 4064 were about $30 or $30.50 for a few examples. Lead, plated and brass projectiles were abundant with decent prices ($14 for 100 30cal 115gr gas checked lead). Has surplus 7.62x54r, 8mm, 30 carbine, 30-06. Nice assortment of used handguns and long guns too.

thats a huge increase since I was there ! be nice to walk out with more than a few hundred 30 cal bullets this time!

Never really checked his ammo prices since I reload, but he does have a good selection of bulk rifle ammo as jpm stated above. He's had some very hard to find powders over the last year at very fair prices. Nice guy, great shop.

I should add that you need to look in the powder cabinet on the back wall to see the selection of powders, its not out on the shelves. There are a few on a shelf, but I think its just overflow. The motherload is in the cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom