• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

glock 10mm to 40 question

I have a g29...and was recently debating buying another barrel, probably lone wolf one as I have heard good things about them, especially if I am firing off some full 10mm loads, and was thinking of getting a 40 barrel as well. From what I understand I can swap the 10 barrel out for the 40 and continue shooting the 29 but now in 40, correct? I had heard I could use my 10mm mags to shoot 40 due to them being similar in size, but just shorter than the 10. Am I on the right track here to be able to get a lil more versatility out of her? Thanks a lot.

I have never heard of this specifically (usually more caliber-swapping among similar size frames), but if they make the conversion barrel for it you're probably ok.

Yeah I think you can do it but don't quote me. Just get a 27 if you want a .40, it is lighter and slimmer. Unless you're doing this so you can shoot the .40 at the range and carry the 10mm? I don't see the point.

Im asking because the 40 is the same dimensions as the 10, only shorter. Therefore it seems to make sense. I am sure someone here knows the answer as there are a few 10mm guys around, thanks though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think you can do it but don't quote me. Just get a 27 if you want a .40, it is lighter and slimmer. Unless you're doing this so you can shoot the .40 at the range and carry the 10mm? I don't see the point.

My thought is, why buy another glock if I can simply buy a barrel and have 2 guns in one? 10mm is not cheap to shoot a ton if, even tho I try, so I figured if I could shoot 40 too with a minute of swapping out a barrel, why not?

it makes sense if you want to save on ammo. i would do it.
go to glocktalk. i'm sure those guys already have discussed the heck out of this one.

Last edited:
I have a G20 SF, I got the drop in barrel and it shoots the .40 better than it shoots the 10mm
use the 10mm mags, and spring

I have a G20SF and would never think about violating it with .40. Why buy a 10 if you want to shoot 40? If it's a cost thing, then don't get the 10 in the first place.

Already got my answers elsewhere, but thank you to those who chimed in.

Sorry Im not rich. I have 2 10mms and tons of ammo, but with grad school loans now and not the best paying job, theres not a lot of cash to buy more 'real' 10mm ammo, and I do not reload. I enjoy trying to make it to the range every so often and since 10, even watered down to 40 range ammo is so expensive I thought this might be a good idea. So, if I can spend a 100 and get a 40 barrel, why not? Seems lot of ppl here do this with other types of calibers..

People like lil calm are useless to me...why bump a thread where there is no need to, simply to make a funny comment? I think what I am doing makes perfect sense, my 29 can now shoot 10 and 40 and my 1006 just does 10. Again, thanks to the helpful posts. I am happy with my decision.

I have a Glock 20 and swapped the 10mm with a lone wolf 40 cal. The only problem was ejection. Replace the 10mm spring with a 17lb and, at least my, problem solved. I'm using my own cast 180 round nose, a standard load of ~ 1000 ft/sec

I have a Glock 20 and purchased a wolf barrel in 40cal. You need to change the main spring but other wise load and shoot.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to do this. Similar to shooting .38spl and .357 out of the same revolver. Not everyone wants to blow that much money at the range if they are just going to kill some paper and keep a familiar feel with your carry gun.

Start reloading 10mm instead of wasting $$$ on conversion crap. It'll pay off immediately.

-Mike

Ha nice old bump, and again, as expected, some great responses. Conversion crap huh? Interesting take. Appreciated, and I know this, however that has nothing to do with my question, at all. BUt thanks so much

+1.
leave the G29 alone.
get G27 or other .40 if u want to shoot .40
also weaker 10mm loads are loaded similarly to a .40 so if u want the feel lf a .40 just buy weak 10mm ammo

So much great, relevant advice...hypocrit, but this thread should die, the few with good suggestions have left, I did what I felt like a year ago, and now its idiot time. SOme of you are baffling

So much great, relevant advice...hypocrit, but this thread should die, the few with good suggestions have left, I did what I felt like a year ago, and now its idiot time. SOme of you are baffling

What's the problem? Everyone has already told you that it's possible, you just need a .40 S+W barrel for your gun, and more than likely, you will probably want a lighter recoil spring somehow or another. Yes, some people are going to crap on your idea (myself included) but it shouldn't stop you from doing it if you feel that strongly about it.

-Mike

What's the problem? Everyone has already told you that it's possible, you just need a .40 S+W barrel for your gun, and more than likely, you will probably want a lighter recoil spring somehow or another. Yes, some people are going to crap on your idea (myself included) but it shouldn't stop you from doing it if you feel that strongly about it.

-Mike

I believe he did just that.

I did what I felt like a year ago

Back
Top Bottom