• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 21 or 1911 - which one should I buy?

Man, there are, like five of you here, who get triggered by a few key phrases. Gosh, this is too easy!

"Reloading is dumb"
"1911 are terrible"
"You break the law, you go to prison"
"40 is a good caliber"
"Ladies are not just for boobies and butt".
It is not triggered, it is just a beaten to death topic.

There is a way to make it funny, your post did not come across as funny.

Compare that to post 177 - that one was pretty funny.

I bet you have tens of thousands of rounds of 45 GAP and 357 SIG each that you have been reloading for the past 20 years ago and while your guns become such safe queens, Queen of England gets more action than them.
I dont reload 45 GayAndProud

I'm not interested in 357 sig because it looks like a pain, a necked handgun caliber ... ugh.

But, I never shot one, seems like there are probably better options for major, but being able to convert it to 9mm is pretty sweet, I didnt know you could do that.
You pretend not to be interested because, in reality, you know that this is a lame round. Lame as in ZERO support except for Glock.
And since your Dillon 1023 XL takes a long time to set up for oddball calibers, you just go for what's easier: got pick on the only girl here.

You pretend not to be interested because, in reality, you know that this is a lame round. Lame as in ZERO support except for Glock.
And since your Dillon 1023 XL takes a long time to set up for oddball calibers, you just go for what's easier: got pick on the only girl here.
Trolling is fine when done right.

At this point you are just annoying.

Wait a minute, @Sammy is a girl?
How did I miss that??? Must be an old thread that slipped by me.

Well that explains absolutely nothing, just caught me by surprise for apparently no reason at all. Carry on.

Even beat to shit, it is likely worth more than a Glock.
On paper? Sure

In my gun safe? A working one beats a broken one most times. I've never been that enamored with the gold cup. I think part of it is weird trigger internals and the adjustable sights meh. Put a nice blued series 70 colt commander in front of me though.... moisture count = increased.

Who gives a f*** what you supposedly are?

*whenever someone complains that ball busting is becoming [enter label] specific*
E7C90707-DAAE-43C6-AED8-1DFF74E0A502.jpeg

Last edited:

You don't like .357Sig? That's fine, don't shoot it. I find it to be an interesting round that I shoot occasionally.

I run two XL650 presses. One's dedicated to 9mm, the other's used for everything else. It takes me about 15 minutes to swap toolheads, add another 10 if I'm changing primer feeds, (LPP for .45, SPP or SMP for everything else).

I'm sorry that @Broccoli Iglesias is picking on you - I assure you - it has absolutely nothing to do with your gender. You're just posting shit.

Everyone should have at least one 1911
I would but my wife bought me this glass polar bear and i really dont even use that paper weight all that much...buying an 1100 dollar gun that I'll shoot once and turn into one seems kinda like a waste

I respectfully disagree the accuracy is the same. A Gack will never come close to a 1911…how can it, you have to hold then Glock sideways when operating it, gangsta style…
Stock glocks shoot better than everyone except nes members.

As someone who shot a 270 my first idpa with a stock 17 and made a morbidly obese bubba with his tricked out sti cry its 99.8% the shooter

Obviously a true marksmen like those who inhabit this forum can really squeeze that 16th of an inch out of the barrel at 100 yards offhand

But for us normies pretty much any production hand gun is capable of the same shit

A wilson probably isnt much more accurate than a rock island in a lead sled

Stock glocks shoot better than everyone except nes members.

As someone who shot a 270 my first idpa with a stock 17 and made a morbidly obese bubba with his tricked out sti cry its 99.8% the shooter

Obviously a true marksmen like those who inhabit this forum can really squeeze that 16th of an inch out of the barrel at 100 yards offhand

But for us normies pretty much any production hand gun is capable of the same shit

You must not own a CZ Shadow 2

Actually with 1911s something like a wilson, nighthawk, dan wesson, etc, will be a whole hell of a lot more accurate intrinsically than a RIA or Glock and a whole bunch of other
handguns.

In the real world though, for practical applications? The difference isnt going to be stark enough to care about at least not at distances where someone should be engaging targets with a
handgun. Unless you're shooting NRA bullseye or something you're not going to "lose a match" because your glock/1911/whatever can only physically/intrinsically make coke can sized groups at 10 yards.

You must not own a CZ Shadow 2

As someone who has owned two of them (a regular and an SA, still own my Shadow 1 CT) he's still not wrong. And honestly stock shadows arent really that accurate intrinsically outside of the bushing models. (eg, Accu Shadow, the Orange, etc) They're just great handling guns, but theres no quantum leap in accuracy. Actually with the wrong bullets you can make 25 yard paint can buckshot spray groups with them (the guns get very picky about what kind of 147 gr bullets they like WRT accuracy)

ETA: Back when I had my original Sig X-Five that thing easily wiped the floor with the shadows in terms of raw accuracy, but it was big/heavy vs those guns. Barrels on those were THICC too.

Back
Top Bottom