• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock night sights - revisiting beating a dead horse

pj150

NES Member
So, just got a new g4 26 and looking to get a good set of illuminated sights for it. Is it worth sending the slide to glock for their OEM set and have them install or should I just buy a set of trijicons locally?

Not partial to any type, just looking for a set that will last.

I had them replace the nite sites on my G27. It had OEM, had them replace with the same. I'm happy. Just last night I got up and saw the sights glowing like a night light on the table. I do mean glow, not a faint trace of a dim light. Impressed me, and they were done over 2 years ago. They'll work just fine for my applications.

Last edited:
Do they zero them for you if you send it back, or just install them in the middle of the slide and say "Eh, good enough"? If they zero it and you're not good with tools, then do it.

If they don't fire it to check zero, you should get yourself a rag, a small piece of wood, a small hammer, a brass punch and a FSP nut driver and do it yourself, at the range and make sure it's actually zeroed. I do my own sights, its not hard and there are plenty of Youtube videos for first timers.

Do they zero them for you if you send it back, or just install them in the middle of the slide and say "Eh, good enough"? If they zero it and you're not good with tools, then do it.

If they don't fire it to check zero, you should get yourself a rag, a small piece of wood, a small hammer, a brass punch and a FSP nut driver and do it yourself, at the range and make sure it's actually zeroed. I do my own sights, its not hard and there are plenty of Youtube videos for first timers.

The benefit of having them do it is the price. $57 and you get all new internals in your slide most of the time, from what people on the internet say.

Buying night sights and installing them yourself can't be done for $57. All the sets I see are around $90.

I have tru glow sites on my G19. The benefit is that they also work like fiber optics in daylight and they are pretty bright at night.

There are lots of guys on here that have Glock sight tools (myself included) that could help you out if the zero is off

you get all new internals in your slide most of the time, from what people on the internet say.
No, they will inspect and replace worn parts as needed. They won't just matter of fact replace all the parts on a say a 5 yo gun that has been shot very little.

Of course they shoot and zero the sights....come on, man, it's Glock for Christ sake, not Joe Raghead Kyber Pass Guns, Inc. You guys make me cranky a lot now, jeez.

The benefit of having them do it is the price. $57 and you get all new internals in your slide most of the time, from what people on the internet say.

Buying night sights and installing them yourself can't be done for $57. All the sets I see are around $90.

You're saying $57 for tritium night sights? I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Also are those $57 non tritium sight also shitty plastic like the stock sights?

It will cost you more to ship the gun to them (assuming you aren't just shipping the slide) than the sights themselves.

We are talking a brand new gun here, so Glock isn't going to replace any parts or tune it up. There is no magic here.

Why not figure out what sights you want and then bring the gun to a local gunsmith/gunshop for installation?

i rock glock brand glock night sights for my glock pistol with the glockazine loaded with 15 kill nuggets.

i'm happy with the OEM glock sights, i've shot the gun in complete darkness with them and they were good and bright.

Is it worth sending the slide to glock for their OEM set and have them install or should I just buy a set of trijicons locally?

Not partial to any type, just looking for a set that will last.

Either get the Trijicon's or get XS Big Dots if you want more of a fighting night sight. XS Big Dots say Trijicon on them so you're going to get the same quality with either. Only difference is sight style. I have XS sights on my carry gun but will be getting the more standard type sights from Trijicon for my G20.

I prefer a front night sight and plain black rear. I prefer 10-8 Performance or Heinie Ledge. If you would like to take a ride to Harvard Sportsmen's Association, I can show you what they look like in person.

I got Meprolight Tru-Dot tritium sights (Orange Rear, Green Front) for $55 shipped. Relatively easy to install, or find someone local to do it for you. Cheaper than shipping back to Glock. The sights are BRIGHT, and I like having the offset colors for alignment. Night sights are nowhere close to a WML or flashlight, but with the G26 its a good addition.....and makes it easy to see on the nightstand.

I prefer a front night sight and plain black rear. I prefer 10-8 Performance or Heinie Ledge. If you would like to take a ride to Harvard Sportsmen's Association, I can show you what they look like in person.

I've heard this setup many times. You aren't target shooting at night so a single lit front keeps your eyes on the sight.

I put Trijicons on one Glock and I've left the other with factory sights. I can't say either one is better than the other because I've never had to shoot at night.

I've heard this setup many times. You aren't target shooting at night so a single lit front keeps your eyes on the sight.

With three dots, you can sort of get brainlock in the dark as you try to line them up. With a single night sight, put the glowing light on the target. If you need more accuracy, then take the time to find the notch against the light that your flashlight is illuminating the target.

During the day, I don't want anything on the rear sight to attract my attention. I want my attention focused on the front sight. So I want my rear sight to be all black -- no dots, no outlines, no bars, etc.

The best illumination for your sights is a handheld light(sights lit), or weapon mounted light (sights contrasted against target)...

but that's none of my business.

readImage

I'm kidding kind of. Just having some NES fun. I really like my trijicon HDs, which I bought after shooting Snackbah's G19. I have also shot XS big dots with success. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't be accurate. I could hit 100 yard steel with them. I haven't tried Heinie Straight 8s yet, but I'd really like to. I like the i-dot type setups, as they feel really intuitive to me, but the Trijicon HDs just really work naturally for me now.

That's how mine is set up except I have a serrated black rear. 10-8 makes great stuff. I have them on all my Glocks. There's no distraction from the front sight in this setup. It's not likely you'll line up for a 50 yard shot in the dark with a G26.

Referring back to OP's original question, buy a sight pusher and do it yourself. A punch and vice works too but I find the pusher easier to use and more precise. You'll learn more about your G26, you'll know how to fix/replace stuff when necessary, and you can try other sights without having to send it somewhere. The ability to do things on your own is priceless.

That's how mine is set up except I have a serrated black rear. 10-8 makes great stuff. I have them on all my Glocks. There's no distraction from the front sight in this setup. It's not likely you'll line up for a 50 yard shot in the dark with a G26.

Yup, that's what I meant, black serrated rear with no dots.

And I agree about DIY installation as well. I've installed the sights on all 4 of my Glocks.

Back
Top Bottom