GOAL Video News, McDonald v. Chicago, ramifications in MA super edition!

G

GOAL C.M.

McDonald v. Chicago edition discussing the landmark decision and it's impact on MA. precedent.

For nearly four decades, since the Commonwealth v. Davis decision, Massachusetts government has acted under the premise that the Second Amendment does not apply to the citizens of Massachusetts. All of the laws, regulations and policies regarding firearms have all been crafted under that premise. Today’s Supreme Court decision should now force a complete role reversal in the Commonwealth.

So much content I had to break it into two parts
part 1

part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent presentation. I can't wait to see the changes that this should bring to the PRM. I have civil rights. Who'da thunk that a couple of years ago.

I was glad to hear you on Radio Boston today Jim, I had heard a bumper for the topic on the show and was worried it would be one sided. Thank you for what you do and keep up the good fight!

For anyone interested in hearing it:
http://www.wbur.org/2010/07/02/gun-control-2

Thank you for that link. I just listened. We need to get our message out there and it's nice to see that GOAL, Jom Wallace, is working at it. Good callers on that show, also.

Excellent job Jim! It's good to see a concise analysis of the decision as it applies to Massachusetts current and proposed gun laws!

WBUR/NPR has been consistent in their balanced coverage. I heard the Governor on Wed early am talking about his bill in the light of the SCOTUS decision. He was talking about how one gun is sufficient even though the powerful gun lobby tells otherwise etc. The lady interviewing asked him how his bill would help and he immediately went to how machine guns killed a boy in Western MA! No callers else I was ready...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's awesome. Just what I was looking for after hearing of the decision, what a high I have going into the fourth. I haven't felt this good about anything judiciary in, well...ever.

i sent Rep Linsky and email, which i'm sure i will not get a reply anyway, i mentioned that

is saw him along wtih George Peterson being interviewed my Emily Rooney. I mentioned

that it didn't take her long to understand that the "one gun a month" wouldn't accomplish

anything and what George was saying made more sense. WHy didn't he?????

[smile]
Free at last, free at last! Praise the lord we're free at last. This is gonna be good!! It's going to take time and lots of court cases to reverse the draconian laws that have been forced upon us. Be ever vigilent in this. Now is the time to donate all that you can to GOAL. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but we're not there yet. I never thought I'd live to see this but, it appears I will finally get to see the country I once knew again. November is coming.

Excellent recap Jim. Well thought out and interesting to listen to. We all know this is going to be a slow process but it is a great step forward. We've got your back!

Excellent presentation. I can't wait to see the changes that this should bring to the PRM. I have civil rights. Who'da thunk that a couple of years ago.

In Ma, you have the rights they say you have, or that you can afford to fight for in Federal court.

Until you fight for them in court, nothing with change.

Thanks to Jim and GOAL. This is awesome.

Does this mean that I will not be moving to New Hampshire?

It may be worth it to stick around for a bit.

[popcorn]

Back
Top Bottom