• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Going on ATV trip to Maine from mass

I'm going on an ATV trip to north west Maine in a couple of weeks. I didn't have enough notice to apply for and receive an out of state ccw permit so I plan on sticking with open carry. Does anyone know if it is legal to open carry in Maine while riding an ATV?

ETA: I'm also concerned about the state park laws. As far as I understand it is not legal to open carry in a state park. However, I didn't see anything about it being illegal to posses them in a vehicle while in a state park. Could I just unload my firearm and toss it in the toolbox on my ATV if I were to find myself inside a Maine state park?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the carry permit, but make sure your ATV has a stock exhaust on it. They really frown on any mods.

Really? This will be my first trip up to Maine. The guys I'm going with have been a few times. What kind of "mods" do they take issue with?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom