• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Hi All, Just getting back into old "habits" and looking to buy some silver and maybe some gold.
Where do you recommend purchasing them on-line.
Is it a good time to buy?
What type of silver/gold do you recommend buying.

Hi All, Just getting back into old "habits" and looking to buy some silver and maybe some gold.
Where do you recommend purchasing them on-line.
Is it a good time to buy?
What type of silver/gold do you recommend buying.

I usually buy from Apmex and a handful of other trusted sellers. Try to find who has the lowest premium, they're all high these days.

The best time to buy was yesterday. The second best time to buy is today.

Personally I started out with rounds and such but I've since moved to eagles, buffalo's and historic coins, stuff that's minted.

I would recommend purchasing the silver and gold that you most enjoy owning. Look around to see what’s available. There are too many options to list here. Once you’ve decided on what you’d like to own, study the market - watch sale prices so you understand what premiums you can expect as a buyer and as a seller. Some folks are opposed to higher premiums but as long as you can recoup the premiums as a seller they don’t bother me.

Posted this in Great Reset thread, but relevant here also.

Luke Gromen is one of my favorite market commentators. In this podcast he was talking about stagflation, he does a great explanation of why the US government needs to control the debt to GDP ratio, and how it will try to do it. He also talks about gold, his theory is the price is being held down to allow central banks to build up enough physical gold to allow a reset. i.e. the governments don't want hedge funds and individual investors holding all the gold. So they keep gold suppressed so it doesn't attract investors.

It's an interesting point and explains why every single commodity in limited supply is going gangbusters (real estate, bitcoin, copper, lumber etc etc) - except gold.

https://the-rebel-capitalist-show.s...g-gold-manipulation-afghanistan-macro-fallout

The concern for gold investors is he thinks the government will keep gold suppressed until it's ready to spring the Great Reset, and revalue central bank gold to $5000, or $40,000, whatever is necessary to avoid a global default. So buy physical, don't buy GLD. Not sure about miners, if gold is reset to $5000, will the government allow mining stocks to go up 20x overnight? Doubtful.

So mining stocks are SLV and gold are taking a beating.... Think it can go lower? Thinking about throwing a couple hundo down on SILJ and Sprott.

Silver's major support is around $21.5-22 and $18-19. I don't think paper price can go into the teens, there's just too much demand for physical.

Silver miners have priced in $21, maybe even $19 so not much downside. I'd probably buy an individual stock rather than SILJ. Maybe just buy AG?

Silver's major support is around $21.5-22 and $18-19. I don't think paper price can go into the teens, there's just too much demand for physical.

Silver miners have priced in $21, maybe even $19 so not much downside. I'd probably buy an individual stock rather than SILJ. Maybe just buy AG?
Exactly. There are also some risky juniors that could explode much further like Aftermath Silver( was back down to .33 yesterday), Summa Silver, GR Silver, Aurcana. Other explorers like Eloro and Viszla are good bets. Alexco is at a rock bottom price as a producer.

Did you know Aurcana hit a high of $52 in 2012?

I’ve been watching gold for the past few weeks...so you guys actually think it will hit $1675?

Paper gold maybe, of course physical won’t go anywhere near that.

All the experts with any credibility (not the guys constantly predicting $5000 gold) think we’ll retest $1675 and probably $1600.

I don’t think we’ll see $1600, the experts are usually too bearish.

Back
Top Bottom