Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

At some point we're going to be left with two choices....turn over our guns or use them! There's no getting around it. History has already foretold what's in store for us
As bad as it sounds, and it is sh*tty for States like MA, NJ, CA ...

Gun laws have been improving for over 30 years, more and more States are constitutional carry or at least dont require a license, the courts are beating all the junk politicians throw at the 2A.

It might not look great in some places at the micro level, but at the macro level across the country, the 2A is a lot stronger than it was in the 80s.

I think now we are 8 States away from having enough States for an amendment. Check that against the 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2K.

Some States try, like CO but they will eventually get f*cked. Some of these laws are so far out there, so unconstitutional, they actually help by making it easier for the courts to kill them.

Your point is well taken yet your example is exactly why I'll choose the latter if and when they come for my guns!
I'm not sure it will ever come to that. That's a tough call. The Titanic had no business speeding through an iceberg zone but once the hull was severely ripped open it was over. This country has suffered a similar deep gash and it certainly would have been better had steps been taken years ago to stop the Left.

I tell people all the time. Joe McCarthy was NOT wrong......but.....he got "Trumped"

Why is no one calling her out on here soft on crime policies that her and her subordinates have been using for decades. Letting violent felons walk consistently and ignoring the gang activity. She is no different from what we have in DC. She is one sleezbag. Oh ya what about giving all her cabinet a 20% instant pay increase and they haven't even worked 1 month!!

As bad as it sounds, and it is sh*tty for States like MA, NJ, CA ...

Gun laws have been improving for over 30 years, more and more States are constitutional carry or at least dont require a license, the courts are beating all the junk politicians throw at the 2A.

It might not look great in some places at the micro level, but at the macro level, across the country, the 2A is a lot stronger than it was in the 80s.

I think now we are 8 States away from having enough States for an amendment. Check that against the 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2K.
I don't disagree. At some point the nation will be severely divided, much more than it is now. There will be areas of constitutional carry and other areas where guns are banned. It should be very interesting to see how those two can ever coexist. Last time we saw something like this was sometime around the 1860s

Best bet IMHO is to join with other like minded locals and build a force rather than stand alone against the tyranny. There are lots of like minded folks in my area
Until someone invites a Fed to join your group and everyone ends up rotting in a cell awaiting a trial.

Why is no one calling her out on here soft on crime policies that her and her subordinates have been using for decades. Letting violent felons walk consistently and ignoring the gang activity. She is no different from what we have in DC. She is one sleezbag. Oh ya what about giving all her cabinet a 20% instant pay increase and they haven't even worked 1 month!!

Because then we have to have a discussion about all the wrongful and malicious prosecutions they committed as well. Looking at you Martha.

I don't disagree. At some point the nation will be severely divided, much more than it is now. There will be areas of constitutional carry and other areas where guns are banned. It should be very interesting to see how those two can ever coexist. Last time we saw something like this was sometime around the 1860s
They cannot co-exist.

Once you get to 39, 40 States with constitutional carry, they will beat the few that are left.

It is insane that you make a wrong turn in NH and you are breaking a law because you crossed a border, even if your intent is to turn around and go back to NH. Imagine you live in Nashua and take the wrong turn on to Rt 3, you have to drive into MA to make a turn. It is so f*cking stupid and wrong. One second perfectly legal, the next you risk ruining your life.

Your point is well taken yet your example is exactly why I'll choose the latter if and when they come for my guns! Once they take the guns we'll all end up like the 1/6 protesters...probably much worse.

Best bet IMHO is to join with other like minded locals and build a force rather than stand alone against the tyranny. There are lots of like minded folks in my area
That is exactly what a FED would post online trying to get people to join a group.

I'm not sure it will ever come to that. That's a tough call. The Titanic had no business speeding through an iceberg zone but once the hull was severely ripped open it was over. This country has suffered a similar deep gash and it certainly would have been better had steps been taken years ago to stop the Left.

I tell people all the time. Joe McCarthy was NOT wrong......but.....he got "Trumped"

Please, elaborate how overall the 2A is worse today than last century.

Here is an outdated GIF, there are more unrestricted States today.

Keep supporting pro 2A organizations, it is a long term game.

Right_to_Carry,_timeline (1).gif

the citizens of banned states will move out to free states. It's that simple. The number of gun owners who would risk their lives, and their families lives to protect that right is significantly smaller than you think.

Anyone who thinks that she isn't completely anti gun for citizens has their head in the sand.
Will she be successful in a complete ban? No, but she will be successful in infringing more and more on the 2A.
Looks for more exploits in back door ways to limit that right, more taxes, insurance, licenses, certifications, less resellers/competition, red flags, etc etc.

Still trying figure out which one wears the comfortable shoes.

q0upqz7ib72kpuzk.jpg
No wonder she's fingerbanging other state cops......OOF.

Anyone who thinks that she isn't completely anti gun for citizens has their head in the sand.
Will she be successful in a complete ban? No, but she will be successful in infringing more and more on the 2A.
Looks for more exploits in back door ways to limit that right, more taxes, insurance, licenses, certifications, less resellers/competition, red flags, etc etc.
she going to pick and choose what they go after as she doesnt want to set a negative precedent in a court battle

Do you really think the rest of the state gives a shit?

You must be new. 😂

What's ironic is that these self-same political shrews, who preach gun hate in the hands of the people, are themselves the protected class, by State Security men and women with guns and weapons of war. Apparently it has not occurred to the political elite that 99.9% of MASS gun owners are law abiding citizens, who as a minority politically, suffer 'rule of law' oppression.

she going to pick and choose what they go after as she doesn't want to set a negative precedent in a court battle
She (Maura) does seem to understand that. She must be soooo incredibly pissed about Bruen.

On the other hand, she knows the courts can take a very long time and might even look upon rabidly anti-2A MA differently than other states.

I doubt Andrea has any such concern. She is just Hell bent for punishing us awful law-abiding "gun hoarders" any way she can.

As for the MA legislature... it looks like this is going to be a banner year for mental case Linsky. I expect the Globe to name him "Pervert Rep of the Year"!

I’ve always thought that crime was a means to an end. By allowing crime to fester and get worse, the people inevitably call for more government control to deal with the problem. The balancing act is to not let it get so out of control that they lose power. In Massachusetts, that will never happen.

And any call for more funding is a way to siphon money into people’s pockets. Mental health funding will go down a hole with nothing to show for it. See public education, infrastructure, public safety….

Of course she does. She wants to get re-elected in 4 years. Even if she was a closet gun nut, she'd be saying this. Despite the fact that the SC is going to gut much of the current MA laws.

Bluster. I can't care less. This is why, without NES, I'd know NOTHING that is going on in the world. I just don't watch the news. And my blood pressure thanks me for it.

Unfortunately Guv'nah "Tall Deval" Charlie 'the doormat' Baker did jack shit when it came to appointing sane judges during his tenure to help at the state court level.
He was useless. He was a democrat 100%. He backed Heatley’s BS 7/20/16 “guidance”. I’m glad he is gone even if Maura will be worse just so people will shut up about “well at least MA has a rEpUbLiCaN Governor…

Back
Top Bottom