Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine in 39 days this summer. Renewal. Others were taking 4 to 9 mos. at the time. I am an unimportant person, and know zero influential people.

Renewal of class A unrestricted in Natick. Took 9 weeks for card in hand.

Last edited:
Things are moving much faster now, MSP AFIS has no backlog currently, so it's working as fast as PD's can get the paperwork done and as fast as the FRB can print them...

I just got my first time LTC about 3 months ago. I have a green carc so they did an ICE check first. After that was good and I filled the application out, I had my Class A with no Restrictions in about 2.5 weeks. Couldn't believe how fast it was. I'm in Pelham, MA

Morning all, I am fairly new to NES, I have been following most of the threads and have only replied to a few. everyone seems fairly nice and all have been extremely informative. My wife and I have applied for our LTC in Ma in October, this morning I called the DCJIS to inquire as to the status and I was told that the application has been approved. and is now at the FRB, so I take it that this is good or is this step 1 of many steps? did it pass the mass state police and the background check or just the background check and not state police? does the FRB also have to approve this? its so confusing. Anyone here have any answers? It would be greatly appreciated.

Morning all, I am fairly new to NES, I have been following most of the threads and have only replied to a few. everyone seems fairly nice and all have been extremely informative. My wife and I have applied for our LTC in Ma in October, this morning I called the DCJIS to inquire as to the status and I was told that the application has been approved. and is now at the FRB, so I take it that this is good or is this step 1 of many steps? did it pass the mass state police and the background check or just the background check and not state police? does the FRB also have to approve this? its so confusing. Anyone here have any answers? It would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome and I suggest that you read the Sticky I posted in the MA Gun Law sub-forum on the process that the applications take. You will get answers to many of your questions there. Also good to read all the Stickies in that forum at your leisure . . . it will make you a much better informed gun owner.

Welcome and I suggest that you read the Sticky I posted in the MA Gun Law sub-forum on the process that the applications take. You will get answers to many of your questions there. Also good to read all the Stickies in that forum at your leisure . . . it will make you a much better informed gun owner.

Wow. Great info. Thanks so much! And that's why I'm as happy as all hell to have discovered this forum! Thank you Lens!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

Me and my buddy just picked up our LTC A's in Worcester, unrestricted.

04/XX/13 - called to make appointment.
08/29/13 - Appointment, submitted paperwork, fingerprinted
11/29/13 - Approved
12/05/13 - Issued
12/13/12 - LTC A Unrestricted in hand!

Holbrook: My wife picked up her LTC, restrictions: none yesterday. She interviewed 8/17, so just under 4 months, this was first LTC application for her( finally).

I'm hoping for some advice from Lens or others on here who are far more knowledgeable about this than I am:

I currently have an unrestricted LTC-A which is set to expire in January of 2015. I am renting in Burlington now, but plan on moving around March 2014. The problem is I am not certain where I will end up renting after that, and there is a good possibility I may end up renting in Lowell (don't ask, just know it wouldn't be my first choice). I naturally do not want to lose my unrestricted LTC privileges, or wind up with restrictions that force me to sell off what I currently own, but reading some of the stories like this one serve as the basis for some of my fears (in addition to the fact Lowell is a red town).

Would it be way too soon to submit for a replacement license through Burlington in March 2014 if my LTC does not expire until the following January?

Are my fears unfounded based on the fact I would be renewing and not a first time applicant?

Z, I'm unsure if the PD or MIRCS would allow a renewal that soon. I know that MIRCS can deal with 6 months, unsure about sooner than that. Since you must notify of a move, unsure if Burlington would proceed if you notified almost immediately after you re-applied.

This is a very iffy issue and I don't think anyone here can really answer your questions.

As to what Lowell may do a year or so from now, that's another crap-shoot that I don't think anyone has a good enough crystal ball to see yet.

Good luck!

If you move from Burlington to a green town you could ask Burlington to expire your license early and then apply in the green town before you move to Lowell in 2015.

Just got mine from Burlington today. No restrictions. Applied/got printed 11/13 so just under 5 weeks.

Just applied for LTC

My wife and I just applied for our LTC in Northbridge, Ma October 18, 2013. We were told about 3 month waiting period. I will update as info becomes available. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Applied 10/18/13

Called FRB on 12/18/12 and was told I was approved and just waiting for printing of card then will be mailed to PD for activation

12/18/13 checks cashed.

My wife was told on 12/18/13 that her card was already mailed to PD. she called PD and they told her it's waiting for activation from LO. Should have it in a week. Northbridge,Ma.

Applied 10/18/13

Called FRB on 12/18/12 and was told I was approved and just waiting for printing of card then will be mailed to PD for activation

12/18/13 checks cashed.

My wife was told on 12/18/13 that her card was already mailed to PD. she called PD and they told her it's waiting for activation from LO. Should have it in a week. Northbridge,Ma.

My wife received her LTC-A with no restrictions today in the mail. From interview to hand in 2 months. Congrats to her!!

Confirmation of the greening of Andover, and of much accelerated turnarounds of late.

Colleague of mine applied November 15th, received unrestricted LTC-A December 17th. (First timer)

The LO had told him to expect a 3 to 4 month wait!

Confirmation of the greening of Andover, and of much accelerated turnarounds of late.

Colleague of mine applied November 15th, received unrestricted LTC-A December 17th. (First timer)

The LO had told him to expect a 3 to 4 month wait!

Definitely seems like the state has gotten through the backlog in the last month or so!

Update on Acushnet. I have a friend who has been waiting 4 months for his LTC, with no word back. His friend it took 9 months, but he got LTC A unrestricted.
This kid that I work with is still waiting for his LTC. He is now up to 2 years. He is scared shit to call his rep and complain, but the department keeps losing his application when he calls and is upset about the situation. He is a young guy, but he is a homeowner and has a good career and has lived in the town his whole life.

His recent call resulted in a few more months. Recently his house was robbed, and now he really wants something to protect himself. Sad state this is.

He would have been happy to go buy a pump shotgun and have it at home, and he wouldnt care about the carry license, but in this damn state.... GRRRR.

This kid that I work with is still waiting for his LTC. He is now up to 2 years. He is scared shit to call his rep and complain, but the department keeps losing his application when he calls and is upset about the situation. He is a young guy, but he is a homeowner and has a good career and has lived in the town his whole life.

His recent call said, a few more months.

What the hell??

2 damn years?!?!?! What is being done about this??

If he's afraid to ask questions and seek help, he'll probably never get it and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If he wants results, he has to sack up and make an inquiry much higher than the PD, it's the only thing that will work in a case like this.

What the hell??

2 damn years?!?!?! What is being done about this??

I have tried guiding him on this, but he will not pursue it. He figures if he just keeps his mouth shut he must be close to getting it, and he does not want to keep putting it off. Especially considering when he shook the boat a little bit by asking around, the PD "lost" his application, and made him start completely over, and he has been waiting again, for a very long time.

- - - Updated - - -

If he's afraid to ask questions and seek help, he'll probably never get it and there is nothing anyone can do about it. If he wants results, he has to sack up and make an inquiry much higher than the PD, it's the only thing that will work in a case like this.

I agree. He doesn't have a record, so the only thing I can imagine, is someone on the PD must have a cute daughter his age.

Lakeville, Applied for new LTC A

11/16/13 had interview, fingerprints
12/9/13 check cleared
12/19/13 called status line just for the heck of it because I've seen a few posts recently here with people getting their LTC back pretty quick. Nice lady said it was activated on 12/16/13 and it's waiting to be printed and sent to the local PD. She said I should have it by next week! I'll report back when it's in. Hopefully she is accurate. Guess we'll have to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom