GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

Anyone have experience checking their CCW at the show? Positive, negative or otherwise?

There is no such thing as "checking" it at a gun show. If you declare it you will be asked to unload and your gun will get ziptied. Some of the shows they keep your ammo at the front, but I forget if Marlboro does this or not.

-Mike

There is no such thing as "checking" it at a gun show. If you declare it you will be asked to unload and your gun will get ziptied. Some of the shows they keep your ammo at the front, but I forget if Marlboro does this or not.

-Mike
Thanks for the reply, Mike. When I was at the last Marlboro show last time, the (very polite) p'liceman at the door was asking attendees if they were carrying and, if yes, directing them to the "gun check" table... I didn't look closely, so it was probably just ammo check and zip ties, but the name threw me off.

Thanks for the reply, Mike. When I was at the last Marlboro show last time, the (very polite) p'liceman at the door was asking attendees if they were carrying and, if yes, directing them to the "gun check" table... I didn't look closely, so it was probably just ammo check and zip ties, but the name threw me off.

Ok, that makes more sense now. FWIW, Sorry if my reply seemed a bit coarse- Whenever I hear the term "gun check" I think of courthouses and such where they actually lock up your gun in a locker. Most gun shows do the zip tie business in some form or another.

-Mike

my experience last year was the cop asking if you were CCW, and then directing the confessors to the zip tie table.

It's sort of an entry intelligence test. Concealed means concealed.

Sergios in Marlboro has the best Cajun hash and cheese omelet .. hmm I think I may have just decided where I'll be going for breakfast on Sunday!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ill be there saturday and sunday wearing my signature bunduswehr pt jacket. Say Hi! there is bound to be a few of you i haven't met yet [laugh]
114018.jpg

I'll be there Sunday most likely. Not looking for anything in particular but ammo. I know I'll leave with more than that though.

I haven't been to the Marlboro show in 4 years, anybody know if there is a "regular" vendor who sells a lot of saiga rifles??? I'm looking to find a saiga308 and don't know if its worth my time to show up as soon as the doors open

Holy shit theres a ton of will they have this or that and general what about/if mfer's in this thread!

Its a Massachusetts gun show, a flea market with guns, a place with people selling magazines, some ok, some not. Do your homework and know what you're buying. If you know its legal for you to own and buy, then grab it. If not, just leave it. Don't be that a**h*** that stands back, points at someone and sounds the Nazi alarm for a guy selling post ban items.

YOU are the BUYER! Its your responsibility to know what you are buying and owning when you walk out the door and bring it home! If you're unsure of it and pass.

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I'm just prepping myself for the usual MA gun show rant thread with people pissing their panties over seeing something "bad" at a gun show.

All that said I'm going Sunday. I'll be the guy with an NES Zombie Response Team hoodie that doesn't give a ****. Say hi if you want.

Holy shit theres a ton of will they have this or that and general what about/if mfer's in this thread!

Its a Massachusetts gun show, a flea market with guns, a place with people selling magazines, some ok, some not. Do your homework and know what you're buying. If you know its legal for you to own and buy, then grab it. If not, just leave it. Don't be that a**h*** that stands back, points at someone and sounds the Nazi alarm for a guy selling post ban items.

YOU are the BUYER! Its your responsibility to know what you are buying and owning when you walk out the door and bring it home! If you're unsure of it and pass.

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I'm just prepping myself for the usual MA gun show rant thread with people pissing their panties over seeing something "bad" at a gun show.

All that said I'm going Sunday. I'll be the guy with an NES Zombie Response Team hoodie that doesn't give a ****. Say hi if you want.

+100000000

Ray thank you!!!!

I know of one person who ALWAYS walks around the show and broadcasts what he feels is "illegal" to sell. We all know who it is.

Go and enjoy yourself. Thats what its about.

For folks buying ammo I am a bit curious why you would not make the 45-50 minute drive to the Manchester N.H. show to save on sales tax if all your buying is ammo. The N.Y. guys will be there with their typical attitude and the tax men from the state will be walking around watching all the dealers. Ma S@%*s! Marlboro usually has one large ammo vendor, the NY guys. Manchester had Riley s who beat the NY guys prices and are far better to deal with IMO.

As I said before I will be working the show ( Stoney Acre Sports)so please stop by to say Hi.

This is one of my favorite questions I am asked. A rifle or handgun will have a price tag on it and it will have the "new " box checked off. The question, "is that new".....no stupid, I put that on the tag as a test[laugh]

I haven't been to the Marlboro show in 4 years, anybody know if there is a "regular" vendor who sells a lot of saiga rifles??? I'm looking to find a saiga308 and don't know if its worth my time to show up as soon as the doors open

Contact B&K Sales (Natick), "bamp" on NES. I bought one from him at the last Marlboro show. No idea if he'll be doing the show or not, but you can call him tomorrow and ask as well as find out if he has Saiga 308s in stock.

+100000000

Ray thank you!!!!

I know of one person who ALWAYS walks around the show and broadcasts what he feels is "illegal" to sell. We all know who it is.

Go and enjoy yourself. Thats what its about.

For folks buying ammo I am a bit curious why you would not make the 45-50 minute drive to the Manchester N.H. show to save on sales tax if all your buying is ammo. The N.Y. guys will be there with their typical attitude and the tax men from the state will be walking around watching all the dealers. Ma S@%*s! Marlboro usually has one large ammo vendor, the NY guys. Manchester had Riley s who beat the NY guys prices and are far better to deal with IMO.

As I said before I will be working the show ( Stoney Acre Sports)so please stop by to say Hi.

This is one of my favorite questions I am asked. A rifle or handgun will have a price tag on it and it will have the "new " box checked off. The question, "is that new".....no stupid, I put that on the tag as a test[laugh]

I agree, Fred.

I also think anyone going to marlburrah ONLY for ammo is more or less wasting their time unless there is going to be some surprise where an extra vendor shows up, but the past 3 times that hasn't happened.

You'll probably be able to get better ammo deals at Wal Mart than you will at Marlboro. The NY guys
prices suck, especially when they have no competition.

Basically Manch was the place to get case lots of ammo. The last Concord show was pretty good, too, despite only having one big ammo vendor.

Wilmington (Mar 3?) assuming it happens, is traditionally way better than Marlboro for ammo, but it still sucks compared to the NH shows.

I go to Malrburrah for the amusement factor and maybe to score some trinkets here and there, but I've also left empty handed too. It is what it is. It's a gun show. [grin]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom