Gun Club closure megathread

Is anyone else filled with a certain sort of rage that lives in the chest and stomach, and radiates out into your fingertips?
Anyone else asking themselves, “how much more shit am I going to eat?”
Go time! Follow me...........................................................Hey, where are you guys ?

Can only see it if you're on nextdoor and live in or near Harvard. Mind copy/pasting?
It's just took me 30 minutes to read the whole thing. I can only copy/paste one reply at a time. It would take a week and trust me if I read it again I'd stroke out! 65% is total moon bat ape shit idiot comments. 30% is good folks like us and I have no idea what the remaining 5% is even talking about. Needless to say I feel safer at the range than I do at the gas station!

It's just took me 30 minutes to read the whole thing. I can only copy/paste one reply at a time. It would take a week and trust me if I read it again I'd stroke out! 65% is total moon bat ape shit idiot comments. 30% is good folks like us and I have no idea what the remaining 5% is even talking about. Needless to say I feel safer at the range than I do at the gas station!

Understood!

The safest I've ever felt is at one of the rallies outside the state house where I knew at least half the crowd was armed.

Per multiple board members spoken to, nothing. They learned about the BPD officer stopping a member and also going around inside the club telling people to leave. The email came out shortly after that

I just got off the phone with the Boxboro Chief Ryder. He applogized and
When Baker started all of the closures, etc. gun ranges were on the list. The Boxborough chief is just enforcing Bakers edict.

Now, I don't agree with any of this. The gun shops being closed, the gun ranges being closed, beaches being closed, etcetera. You can't legislate away stupidity. Stay away from people and your chances of catching COVID-19 are lowered.
HSC is not a gun range.

Harvard Sportsmans Club being shut down is BS.
in regards the first Email from Dan Hurley stating "the club is shut down"
and then the second email stating/trying to clarify "its open,just no shooting" sounds like someone is trying to suppress shooting,,,,,,
and someone is trying to appease.. neighbors ? police chief ? both ?
sounds like the HSC lawyer should be getting involved..
i know a lot of people are asking a lot of questions and they're NOT liking the answers or lack of,from HSC administration..

Sorry. I didn't finish the post.

The Boxboro chief agreed there was no reason to shut the club down for non-shooting activities.

His main rationale was 2 fold
1) This is the state's order.

2) If people are shooting there is more chance of an accident which will involve officers and EMS people in close proximity to others. So in the interest of reducing risk to PD and EMS there shouldn't be shooting.

He is a gun guy. But he's also a cop. I sincerely do not believe that he has an anti-gun bias. But it doesn't change the fact that he is choosing to enforce a bad non-law handed down to him by anti-gun politicians.

Either way the club is open, but shooting is not allowed.

Though I have a hard time understanding how that would be enforced.

The Boxboro chief agreed there was no reason to shut the club down for non-shooting activities.

2) If people are shooting there is more chance of an accident which will involve officers and EMS people in close proximity to others. So in the interest of reducing risk to PD and EMS there shouldn't be shooting.

He is a gun guy. But he's also a cop. I sincerely do not believe that he has an anti-gun bias. But it doesn't change the fact that he is choosing to enforce a bad non-law handed down to him by anti-gun politicians.

What the f*** kind of bullshit reason is that?!

Is he stopping cyclists, joggers, people driving motor vehicles?

How many training accidents have we had?

As for enforcement. What is the penalty? Is it one of those things where you do what they say because they will f*** with you in other wsys?

Sounds like the Boxborough chief needs to grow a set of balls and quit "just following orders" blindly.

WRT #1, did you find out whether or not a memo particular to ranges was issued, or if this is some creative interpretive dance on his part, or he got some phone call from the AG or Faker's office? (or EOPS for that matter, its all the same melange of shit at this point).

-Mike

Is he stopping cyclists, joggers, people driving motor vehicles?

How many training accidents have we had?

As for enforcement. What is the penalty? Is it one of those things where you do what they say because they will f*** with you in other wsys?

I can tell you first hand the a**h***s on bikes are out in full force riding like total dick heads.
This downtime has me installing new horns. They will be hard of hearing shortly.

Posted this a few days ago on another thread

IIRC, I read that either Healey or MSP sent an ORDER to all police chiefs to shut down every dealer and range. I could be wrong but recall reading something either here or on FacePlant's MA Guns pages.

Sorry to see it happening wrt outdoor ranges. And you can bet that this isn't going to end anytime soon.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585943252608.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585943252608.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 20
Sounds like the Boxborough chief needs to grow a set of balls and quit "just following orders" blindly.

Its funny. I've been warning people for years how the cops, even the pro-gun cops can't be trusted to back us.

If the end of the world comes, they will be on our side.

But if things become difficult, and its not the end of the world they will be thinking about their pension when they are considering whether to act on that order they don't agree with.

Corona virus scenario.
Pro-gun cop is told by Town Manager that he has to shut down a gun club / hunting preserve.
Pro gun cop doesn't agree with the order, but figures it will pass in a month. And its not worth throwing away his career , so he enforces the unlawful order.
He now has to justify his actions to people he actually agrees with.

How many of you are willing to put your children and your family at financial risk over something that will pass in a month or two?

I'm not defending him. But this is a position that all cops are in. Do the Right Thing vs Family's well being. Disobey or obey an unlawful order.

Just put another Jew on the Boxcar. Work will set you free!!

Last edited:
WRT #1, did you find out whether or not a memo particular to ranges was issued, or if this is some creative interpretive dance on his part, or he got some phone call from the AG or Faker's office? (or EOPS for that matter, its all the same melange of shit at this point).

-Mike
Can this shit be FOIA'd…?
Asking for a friend...

One other thing.

Don't hassle Dan Hurley about this. Dan does a great job. He spends a LOT of time, doesn't get paid, and frankly, we're f***ED if he quits.

He is a good president trying tobalance a ton of stuff all while dealing with a crisis that is impacting him and his family.
Nobody should even think about beating on him or ANY member of the board.
Total respect!!

One other thing.

Don't hassle Dan Hurley about this. Dan does a great job. He spends a LOT of time, doesn't get paid, and frankly, we're f***ED if he quits.

He is a good president trying tobalance a ton of stuff all while dealing with a crisis that is impacting him and his family.
100% agree! That guy is solid. Not his fault.

If he calls asking for overwatch volunteers because we are opening anyway, I’ll be there.

don't know if anyone mentioned it, but some smaller clubs are also taking a major financial hit. Wrentham has weekly Trap, biweekly shoots, 3D archery, monthly events, and a bar. All of which bring revenue into our facility. Sure the some of the bills are lower with less usage, but not low enough to make up the loss in revenue.

Back
Top Bottom