Gun club that allows draw from holster while shooting

huskyal02_R1

NES Member
I just joined Andover Sportsman Club, but unfortunately, they don't allow drawing from holster. Does anyone have any good recommendation on clubs that allows draw practice in Southern NH and MA?

Thanks!
Alan

Last edited:
Maynard Rod and Gun Club has a new tactical range. You can draw and shoot on that range. They are also looking to expand it to include a steel target range.

I'd bet every 3rd member on nes belongs to harvard, go check it out. They'd be glad to have you.

Pelham fish and game in the action ranges you can draw from the holster.

I just joined Andover Sportsman Club, but unfortunately, they don't allow drawing from holster. Does anyone have any good recommendation on clubs that allows draw practice in Southern NH and MA?
Thanks!
Alan

If you go to the world famous Bob's in Salisbury they'll probably let you practice holster-draw shooting... Might even allow you to keep it holstered and just blast away from there....
Hell, for a few bucks cash on the side they might even let you play the Sundance Kid routine for a half hour or so.
(Just sayin'... [emoji6])
https://youtu.be/_AoCK5r2TWg

That had to be taken during some big event - the 200/300 yard range is being used as a parking lot, and there seems to a big tent set up behind the connex boxes used for storage, plus it looks like full squads in the pits. Great day for the eye in the sky.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm guessing it was the annual big Cowboy shoot that they put on.

Drawing from a holster is a very important concealed-carry skill. You also need to practice shooting at distances less than 15 feet, which is something else a lot of clubs don't allow.

Check out the Manchester Firing Line in Manchester, NH. You can draw anyway you want that is safe, and they allow shooting at close distances. The cost is $16 per hour for range time, $9 per hour if you are member. Membership is $190 per year. Members can also make reservations well in advance. 1/2 of the range is reserved for member-only use. Ranges are supervised by range officers.

I drive up from Billerica to practice every week.

Thanks!
Alan

Who told you this? They allow it, you just need to show you can be controlled and on paper. They don't allow speed draws, if that's what you meant.

To join Pelham, you only need the sponsorship of one existing member. Those without a sponsor may submit a letter explaining their desire to join PF&G. Pelham's Action Range is utilized by IDPA and USPSA for shooting events. You can attend one of these events as a non-member and get a chance to utilize the range for yourself.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...2!3m1!1s0x89e3aec50bff7b13:0x4d21e9946b45ec46

USPSA May 15th, June 19th
IDPA May 21st. June 4th

Check PF&G's Calendar for additional information: http://www.pelhamfishandgame.org/#!google-calendar/c13i3

Who told you this? They allow it, you just need to show you can be controlled and on paper. They don't allow speed draws, if that's what you meant.

If you can't draw quickly then what's the point? Lmao. Everyone knows andover sucks for this kind of thing.

I've belonged to a couple of clubs with that policy, but was never called on it. I need to admit however, I am no Josey Wales, but I know it, and don't try and pretend that I am. I make a point of doing that kind of stuff when the range is dead, I think that is the key to not getting barked at.

Personally, I don't want the guy next to me, who's skill is a mystery to me, practicing his quick-draw the next stall over, and I assume the feeling is mutual, seems like that is the neighborly thing to do. I always read that policy as a disclaimer of liability for the club in case you shoot yourself in the foot, and a way to make sure everyone can safely shoot when there are multiple people on the line. Talk to a range officer before you write a place off, they may be open to allowing some leeway on an empty range, they have been in my experience, though I am sure some are not.

You really shouldn't start shooting until after you take it out of the holster. Instead of shooting while your drawing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've belonged to a couple of clubs with that policy, but was never called on it. I need to admit however, I am no Josey Wales, but I know it, and don't try and pretend that I am. I make a point of doing that kind of stuff when the range is dead, I think that is the key to not getting barked at.

Personally, I don't want the guy next to me, who's skill is a mystery to me, practicing his quick-draw the next stall over, and I assume the feeling is mutual, seems like that is the neighborly thing to do. I always read that policy as a disclaimer of liability for the club in case you shoot yourself in the foot, and a way to make sure everyone can safely shoot when there are multiple people on the line. Talk to a range officer before you write a place off, they may be open to allowing some leeway on an empty range, they have been in my experience, though I am sure some are not.

I doubt it. Most of the places which ban holster work are shitty clubs at some level or another. Unprecedented levels of fudd harassment, etc. Life is too short for that crap.

I'm doing the orientation in two weeks and it is in the rules book, page 5, it said Quick Draw is not allowed. Does it mean "slow/controlled" draw is allowed? Just from reading the rule book, it can be misleading b/c it only said Quick Draw it NOT allowed but doesn't say anything else.

I mean, no one SHOULD fire until the sight picture is presented. I am ONLY interested in drawing from my holster and then shoot, then re-holster. No wild wild west or crazy east over here.

I mean, no one SHOULD fire until the sight picture is presented.

LMAO, not sure if serious.

I guess you can never ever shoot a Seecamp .32 using your rules. The gun does not have sights on it. [rofl]

There are plenty of other reasons where someone would want to take unsighted shots with handguns, as well. It can be done safely.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom