• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Here comes the test we've been talking about since I joined here 9 years ago...What will the Nat'l Guard do if faced with this enforcement? Would/could this fall under illegal orders?

Last edited:
'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control

Here comes the test we've been talking about since I joined here 9 years ago...What will the Nat'l Guard do if faced with this enforcement? Would/could this fall under illegal orders?

They already did it, in 2005, in Louisiana.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BpktKpp6f/?igshid=1j8t4ghdgmb0e

Democratic Virginia Rep. Donald McEachin :

“And ultimately, I'm not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. “That's his call, because I don't know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that's obviously an option he has.”

What the hell does that mean? - nationalize the national guard

It is well past time when the electoral college system needed to implemented at the state level as well.

This WAS the case with state Senators (used to be apportioned by county to reflect county government interests to mirror the Federal model prior to directly elected Senators of Senators representing state legislatures while the House was apportioned by raw population) until the activist Warren Court era decided to throw almost 200 years of precedent into the shitter.
In a majority opinion joined by five other justices, Chief Justice Earl Warren ruled that the Fourteenth Amendment's Equal Protection Clause requires states to establish state legislative electoral districts roughly equal in population. Warren held that "legislators represent people, not trees or acres. Legislators are elected by voters, not farms or cities or economic interests."

This messed up the balance of rural vs urban interests in favor urban of population centers.

Last edited:

While I found the gun confiscations in Louisiana totally violated the 2nd Amendment, the argument can be made that there was a state of emergency and a breakdown in emergency services due to the hurricane. In Virginia, there is currently no state of emergency, no natural disaster causing issues for emergency services to respond and no overarching threat to the lives of those in the state to cause the need to activate the national guard.

Simple fact is the activation of the national guard would be an abuse of power by Virginia's state legislature and governor in an attempt to disarm the populace and institute a tyranny on the people. I mean, just look at their governor who wears Blackface, their Lt. Gov who was accused by two women of sexual assault earlier this year... the government of that state is full of degenerates, but their biggest concern now is guns.

Yes, there was an episode of workplace violence in Virginia Beach, but Virginia is far from having some epidemic of gun violence.

Substitute right to free speech or right to vote and you and others would almost certainly do a double back flip to change your position on this.

Whats unique about this is 2A

Despite having been incorporated by SCOTUS (for better or worse) it still considered by many including supporters to be the proverbial ugly red headed step child that has customarily been abused/ignored......

Whether its probable or even likely is an entirely different discussion.....but the fact remains that we've seen past examples where the federal gov, specifically the exec branch enjoins in suit against a state to protect against a constitutional guaranteed right that the state was trying to violate

This issue is no different......

This situation is a powder keg and the children in the Va leg/exec branch are the proverbial children playing with matches......

The responsible and legal thing to do is for Trump to take actions to take the matches away from the children before they burn the house down.

What we need is more thinking out of the box......especially in accordance with the constitution as written especially where SCOTUS has ruled in favor of these positions.

Trump could further threaten to PARDON anyone that is harmed by Va's laws OR issue a blanket pardon for everyone in the US wrt 2A (the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed)

Its time for folks to stop curling up in a fetal ball and ignoring the communist dems overt violation of state/fed constitutions.
The issue with Trump taking any sort of action is he'd be doing it while there's an impeachment trial being held in the senate. Let's say that VA's Blackface governor calls up the VA guard or requests aid from a foreign power to aid in gun confiscations... what's Trump going to do? Send in the Army or another state's national guard to resist the VA national guard? That would make the checkered pants Republican senators wet themselves and the thought of some sort of military dictatorship or civil war happening just miles away and they'd feel compelled to convict Trump on the abuse of power charge because clearly it's an abuse of Trump's power to interfere in a state's law enforcement efforts.

Of course those efforts by Virginia would be in violation of the 2nd Amendment... we think. Hard to know because the SCOTUS keeps adding vague language to every ruling regarding guns and "reasonable restrictions" or "in common use" have all fugged the legal definitions and interpretations up.

It's like pass interference in the NFL: the rules clearly say what it is, but the refs can't seem to comprehend it when the chips are down and it ruins the game.

So, if the gov't of Virginia wants to go to the mattresses I don't think Trump can act immediately to stop any bloodshed before it happens, if it does happen as we're still not sure how many members of the VA guard will follow any such orders. Refusal could result in them being executed by commanding officers or VA state police, which would probably motivate most of them to follow the orders. The best way Trump can go about this and survive impeachment is wait for Virginia to make their moves and see how things play out. If we wake up one morning to find out 300 people have been killed in overnight firefights between VA state police and local sheriff's departments or national guard and civilians, then there's no choice but for Trump to declare martial law in Virginia and deploy troops to restore peace.

Whatever the case, Virginia has opened up a can of worms and it's like, even after New York and Connecticut passed the laws they did after Sandy Hook, they haven't floated anything this extreme and they are far more left wing than Virginia is. The two reasons I can think as to why this is happening in Virginia is because of the symbolism of the state that was the capital of the Confederacy and because if impeachment fails and there were ever a coup (say a very large Antifa "protest") against Trump, the citizens of Virginia would be the closest militia to aid the defense of the President.

While I found the gun confiscations in Louisiana totally violated the 2nd Amendment, the argument can be made that there was a state of emergency and a breakdown in emergency services due to the hurricane. In Virginia, there is currently no state of emergency, no natural disaster causing issues for emergency services to respond and no overarching threat to the lives of those in the state to cause the need to activate the national guard.

Simple fact is the activation of the national guard would be an abuse of power by Virginia's state legislature and governor in an attempt to disarm the populace and institute a tyranny on the people. I mean, just look at their governor who wears Blackface, their Lt. Gov who was accused by two women of sexual assault earlier this year... the government of that state is full of degenerates, but their biggest concern now is guns.

Yes, there was an episode of workplace violence in Virginia Beach, but Virginia is far from having some epidemic of gun violence.

The NG was activated on US soil to take guns from lawful citizens. Why doesn't matter, the fact that it happened does.

The NG was activated on US soil to take guns from lawful citizens. Why doesn't matter, the fact that it happened does.
True, but my point was is to the average person it doesn't sound unreasonable given the circumstances. The circumstances in Virginia are totally different and deploying the national guard to aid LE in enforcing gun laws (among other nonsense that are also included in these bills/laws) is beyond overreaction.

This is a huge powder keg.

Our military went to Iraq and killed the citizens who resisted.
The government is threatening to bring in the military to kill these patriots.

What do you think the military will do to these armed citizens.

It'll be just like Iraq.

The military will follow orders.

The patriots will be provoked and a civil war could start if any of them use their guns to defend themselves.

The tyrant in the governors office need to be brought to heel ASAP.

Below is your soundtrack...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ryJDVuZ6k

donaldtrump1-2x.jpg

the argument can be made that there was a state of emergency and a breakdown in emergency services due to the hurricane.

A State of Emergency is exactly the time it's most important for Individuals to be armed to protect themselves, against looters, or the Government providing the Emergency Services.

What if they Government declared "Gun Violence" a State of Emergency?

No

VA National Guard Issues Statement Over Calls To Enforce Gun Control. “If you read between the lines of the adjutant general’s statement, it’s clear that McEachin’s comment is already causing a stir within the Guard itself. The men and women of the Virginia National Guard signed up to defend freedom, not establish a police state on American soil where soldiers search for scofflaws who refuse to register their rifles with the Virginia State Police.”

Having lived in VA years ago, too many gun owners just don't vote. Nearly all the swamp people in the northern part of the State do vote.

VA National Guard Issues Statement Over Calls To Enforce Gun Control. “If you read between the lines of the adjutant general’s statement, it’s clear that McEachin’s comment is already causing a stir within the Guard itself. The men and women of the Virginia National Guard signed up to defend freedom, not establish a police state on American soil where soldiers search for scofflaws who refuse to register their rifles with the Virginia State Police.”

Meh, I see nothing in that statement/article that gives me any confidence that they won’t go along to get along if asked too.

All that being said Northam would be a special kind of stupid to try and pull this off.

The gun confiscation after Katrina was in the city of New Orleans and ordered by the city police chief. It was carried out by the city police. This had nothing to do with the National Guard or Govenor as far as I understand. It should also be noted that the police chief was fired over it and a national law was passed to make this kind of confiscation illegal on a national level.

So, as I said before, the big cities are at the heart of the problem and do NOT represent rural USA and how it will respond.

I expect National Guardsmen would resign rather than enforce these laws.

Meh, I see nothing in that statement/article that gives me any confidence that they won’t go along to get along if asked too.

All that being said Northam would be a special kind of stupid to try and pull this off.

The fact the NG commander had to issue a statement means that there is enough bitching going on within the ranks that he had to issue a statement.

The gun confiscation after Katrina was in the city of New Orleans and ordered by the city police chief. It was carried out by the city police. This had nothing to do with the National Guard or Govenor as far as I understand. It should also be noted that the police chief was fired over it and a national law was passed to make this kind of confiscation illegal on a national level.

So, as I said before, the big cities are at the heart of the problem and do NOT represent rural USA and how it will respond.

Can you point me to this law? I know some states made a law to protect against this but I don't believe there was anything federal.

They went door to door with cops evicting people from their homes during the storm and confiscated firearms. Just because they ended up in PD hands when it was all said and done doesn't mean they did not participate.

Hopefully we never get to the point where we have to see what we believe play out.

The Maj. General isn't going to tip his hand if he is in opposition to the Governor, not before any orders are given, but notice that he's not saying anyone within the guard who fails to follow orders will be burned at the stake or some other threat. It's going to come down to each individual to decide whether they're going to follow thru with any orders or not.

They went door to door with cops evicting people from their homes during the storm and confiscated firearms. Just because they ended up in PD hands when it was all said and done doesn't mean they did not participate.

Hopefully we never get to the point where we have to see what we believe play out.
Iirc, there were NG units from various states besides LA who were sent there after Katrina. I seem to recall a UT unit specifically stating they would not participate in any gun confiscation.

The Maj. General isn't going to tip his hand if he is in opposition to the Governor, not before any orders are given, but notice that he's not saying anyone within the guard who fails to follow orders will be burned at the stake or some other threat. It's going to come down to each individual to decide whether they're going to follow thru with any orders or not.
^^^^THIS^^^^

Thank you for correcting the history here. There is still news footage on Youtube (or were they pulled?) of NG men actually talking about having to take firearms from residents, and helping carry it out.

Thank you for correcting the history here. There is still news footage on Youtube (or were they pulled?) of NG men actually talking about having to take firearms from residents, and helping carry it out.

Only two minutes long. Watch it and understand why some people feel the way they do.

Yeah I am real convinced unlawful orders would not be carried out by these guys who clearly have such high moral character...

I'd say anyone who underestimates the resolve of Virginians to resist these latest political shenanigans does so at their own peril.

People from the north are shit-talkers and flakes. Southerners have their own history, and their own sense of honor, and it is underscored with the blood of their great, great grandfathers, and it is remembered still.

They are not going to kneel and suck it.

A cop from Virginia posted this sitrep on AR15.com:

This law didn't get passed, at the time it did, written like it was, because Virginia LE lined up in support of Northam and gave him a warm fuzzy feeling. It was written because he got told across the board to get f***ed. I work for a police department in Virginia. My Chief is appointed and not elected. As long as he keeps the City council happy he would have a job if he were personally gassing Jews. My department will NOT be enforcing any of these laws, much less rounding up guns. It couldn't be more clear that LE as a whole is on the side of the citizenry. You don't have to threaten people to do things they want to do. You don't float the use of a standing military unit as police if you already have police.

The Yankee plant seems to have forgotten that the police and National guard are the people of Virginia. The families of Virginians, the decendents of Virginians who started the Revolution and largely led the civil war. I have pictures of George Washington and Stonewall Jackson hanging in my home as well as a a copy of the declaration of independence. Attempting any of this stupid shit outside of occupied NOVA absolutely 100% WILL result in bloodshed on a large scale.

Anyone who denies this isn't in Virginia right now. People are pissed, talking about it and mobilizing. Weapons are being PMCSd, ammunition is being gathered, and people are forming small units. Purchases of body armor long put off are happening, you can't buy an LBE in any Army surplus store at any price right now. Not people like us(Gun nuts largely) but my carpenter,the guy who sold me a door at Lowes, and the guy at my gym who I didn't even know owned a gun.

If these people are openly talking armed action to a known LEO........... Its really close to kicking off. The line is drawn,and its in Virginia.

There is no way in hell the NG is going to move on citizens down there.
They know the mindset which is nothing like folks up north.
After the dust settles ( Assuming they even win )they would still have to live alongside these people.
You wouldn't get too many restful nights sleep .
God forbid the worst happens and some little kids get wiped out in some sort of f*cked up raid.
The governor and every Dem politician down there had better have a quick exit strategy .
Those folks down there have a long memory.

Reading various posts from Virginian ex-mil, LEO, and 2A supporters--I think something culturally momentous is about to unfold in Virginia.

I am seeing other people from out-of-state who are talking about heading to Virginia for the protest marches. Something really seems to be resonating in the culture. It's like a 2nd Amendment Woodstock, or the march on Washington by the anti-war demonstrators.

I'm thinking about going down myself, to film it.

If the Dem's don't think twice (and carefully) about how they are going to proceed with their cultural agenda, I'm thinking that this coming January is going to be a major defining moment of our political consciousness, and it may well be the precise moment of departure when the Culture War finally goes hot.

We shall soon see.

I was not passed on its own but became law as an amendment to an appropriation bill.

Back
Top Bottom