Gun License Classes Booming

Jbarila

NES Member
Interesting foot note. Our Clubs LTC courses are filled through March. The phone is ringing off the hook for more dates than we have instructors. Many are first timers that are worried of losing the right to carry. Maybe the Libs have miscalculated.

The son of a friend attended a course at Mass Firearms last Thursday night. Apparently they had 3 classes going with around 100 participants. And according to this young man they had about 200 people registered for this past Saturday.

This demand for licensing courses can only mean much more demand for firearms, ammunition and accessories in the future.

And I think it is a GREAT idea all these folks are getting their licenses. We'll have a bigger, stronger voice in this community.

Great! These folks that get their LTCs are much less likely to vote for an anti-2a politician that has been exposed as such.

-JR

That is good news for us right now, and in the future too. At my club I hear the gun safety classes are are booked a month in advance now.

Interesting foot note. Our Clubs LTC courses are filled through March. The phone is ringing off the hook for more dates than we have instructors. Many are first timers that are worried of losing the right to carry. Maybe the Libs have miscalculated.

I think you diffidently have a point. I work in the epicenter of liberalism, to a point, where I remain quite about all view social and political in order to keep from stirring the pot as it generally goes south quickly. That said, I've had 4 individuals, in the last month, who know I do alot of shooting come out of left field and ask me if I'd take them to the range as their considering going for their license. One of the individuals, a person who in the past vilified most of my 2A viewpoints, must of eaten a large slice of humble pie as he started off with an apology, that he was "misinformed", and would really like to give it a chance. Setting up range times for them now, however, I am sticking them with the inflated ammo bills they've helped create.

I have said this to GOAL and to anyone that will listen...Politics is a numbers game....Those who have the numbers win the game....If all licensed gun owners got one person to get licensed in 2013 we would hit 500K....Do it again next year and we hit 1million or 1/6th the population of MA. That is a force that will make politicians think twice prior to proposing ridiculous legislation.

The son of a friend attended a course at Mass Firearms last Thursday night. Apparently they had 3 classes going with around 100 participants. And according to this young man they had about 200 people registered for this past Saturday.

This demand for licensing courses can only mean much more demand for firearms, ammunition and accessories in the future.

And I think it is a GREAT idea all these folks are getting their licenses. We'll have a bigger, stronger voice in this community.

I have mixed feelings. My wife wants to get her LTC out of fear, not an interest in guns. She believes the propaganda that no one needs an AR or 17 rounds in a handgun. Her vote and/or desire to get involved with "gun nuts" would be unpredictable at best. Very frustrating.

I have mixed feelings. My wife wants to get her LTC out of fear, not an interest in guns. She believes the propaganda that no one needs an AR or 17 rounds in a handgun. Her vote and/or desire to get involved with "gun nuts" would be unpredictable at best. Very frustrating.

It doesn't matter the rationale. She's interested. Do it and let her position evolve. It isn't about mag limits. It is about self-defense. She'll learn about accuracy vs mag limits later. Don't waste an opportunity for more education.

This is great and its what we need...having a few extra on our side never hurts!! And the action these people are taking speaks loudly to government officials!

I do Firearms Safety Classes out of my home and I've been "slammed" since the election. I tell all my students to contact their reps and senators and of course to check out NES.

A friend of mine attended a firearm safety class in Auburn on Tuesday night and said there was around 40+ applicants all packed into one room. The instructor made the comment that there was more people than he usually had. I personally think it's a good thing, as previous posters have said numbers work in our favor. My friend is not a "Gun Guy", he simply wants a firearm in his home to protect himself and his family in the event something horrible was to happen. We spoke about it and I equated it to having a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, while no one ever plans to have a fire, it is best to be prepared in the event that you do. The media tries it's best every day to demonize these "evil" weapons and the more people that get their LTC and subsequently purchase a firearm, the more people will realize that firearms are a tool with a specific purpose and that in the right hands they are not evil in any way.

Hey, even us liberals want to have the rights to protect ourselves! I am an unabashed liberal on most things, especially social issues. I voted for Obama twice and believe it or not, he's not liberal enough for me when it comes to many things, including healthcare. That said, I think it's important that we not paint everyone with the same brush. I vote for the person with the most amount of ideals closest in line with my own.

I am not trying to start a political argument, I'm just saying that just because I am liberal on many things, it doesn't mean I am liberal on ALL things. I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment AND a public option when it comes to healthcare! I believe we should be out of Afghanistan but I think we must protect Israel at all costs and must prevent Iran from getting the bomb. Life, like politics just isn't black and white. It's more like many shades of grey.

I have never owned a gun in my life but felt now was the time. I had thought about owning a handgun for a long time but never did anything about it. I recently started a project for work that takes me into some horribly crime ridden areas and that got me to take the step. Sandy Hook and the coming restrictions put the icing on the cake. I have taken my pistol course, sent my application and am now waiting for my LTC. The folks in my pistol class were from a wide demographic background. There were probably even a few lefties like me :)

Yes, liberals tend to be the ones to start gun restriction legislations. You are right about that. However I think we all need to stop name calling and start presenting clear, concise and cogent arguments as to why it's critical to protect this very important right. Let's make reasoned commentary as why most of the proposed legislation won't do anything to reduce crime and work together to help protect all of our rights, including those of us liberals. Thanks for listening!

Hooper

Last edited:
I too tend to believe that part of the increase in gun classes is more related to the public "fear" generated by the Newtown, CT incident (rather than a genuine "interest in firearms", "exercising freedom", or "2A support").

Sort of like the massive NH area response (of the purchasing of CCW type weapons and LTC applications), after the Mount Vernon, NH home-invasion and murder.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago when I starting calling around for safety classes, everything was so booked up and I didn't want to wait weeks, thankfully I had a friend who has been shooting for years that knows an instructor and got me in the same week.

If people are on the fence about getting a gun for protection, I tell them it's better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Hey, even us liberals want to have the rights to protect ourselves! I am an unabashed liberal on most things, especially social issues. I voted for Obama twice and believe it or not, he's not liberal enough for me when it comes to many things, including healthcare. That said, I think it's important that we not paint everyone with the same brush. I vote for the person with the most amount of ideals closest in line with my own.

I am not trying to start a political argument, I'm just saying that just because I am liberal on many things, it doesn't mean I am liberal on ALL things. I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment AND a public option when it comes to healthcare! I believe we should be out of Afghanistan but I think we must protect Israel at all costs and must prevent Iran from getting the bomb. Life, like politics just isn't black and white. It's more like many shades of grey.

I have never owned a gun in my life but felt now was the time. I had thought about owning a handgun for a long time but never did anything about it. I recently started a project for work that takes me into some horribly crime ridden areas and that got me to take the step. Sandy Hook and the coming restrictions put the icing on the cake. I have taken my pistol course, sent my application and am now waiting for my LTC. The folks in my pistol class were from a wide demographic background. There were probably even a few lefties like me :)

Yes, liberals tend to be the ones to start gun restriction legislations. You are right about that. However I think we all need to stop name calling and start presenting clear, concise and cogent arguments as to why it's critical to protect this very important right. Let's make reasoned commentary as why most of the proposed legislation won't do anything to reduce crime and work together to help protect all of our rights, including those of us liberals. Thanks for listening!

Hooper

I read this a couple days ago. Why liberals should love the Second Amendment. Hope it is catchy.

I have a Co worker that just had his interview last night. Scheduled I think in November, and the chief said it's a 10-14 week wait because of the state... I don't know what takes so long, NH takes 2 days. A bunch of lazy people in mass that's for sure.

I picked up some ammo last thursday and the place was a freakin zoo

Just as an added data point, I took my co-worker to the range on Tuesday night. He had never shot a gun before but already has Pro-2A views and even joined the NRA before shooting a gun. While I was going over the safety instructions and introduction, an older member came over and said he had 2 people coming in that night who had never shot guns before either. About an hour later another member came in with another noobie who had never shot a gun before!

P.S. These were all Ma**h***s.

I have a friend that is into airsoft, he and his son have fun with it and he signed them both up and took the firearms certification class a week ago.

I asked him how many people were at the class and he said, and I quote:

"It was fcken packed, and I mean fcken packed."

Hooper

glad you finally woke up, too bad you did your part to destroy the republic--twice might i add...

I have been with my GF for 2 years tomorrow, and before me she was a "hippie" as i like to refer to her. she never thought of shooting before me, until i offered to take her. now she asks me all the time! i recently signed her up for the NRA, and am waiting to get her to take the MA firearms class. my friend who's a police officer is trying to set up a private class for his mom & wife and a few family friends so they learn in a more comfortable environment. Hopefully she can get in with them. i do notice more people i work with talking about, and obtaining their permits as well as showing interest in shooting.

Good stuff! Hopefully they are handing out form letters and instructions on contacting their reps!

Back
Top Bottom