Gun show disarming Gunowners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOr a forum of peopel so well versed in the constitution, etc, far to f-ing many seem to forget the constitution is meant to restrict the power of the government, not to stop a private company from imposing their own rules at an event a person WILLINGLY CHOSE To ATTEND. Gets really frustrating to see so many people claim to get it, but show they do not get it.
In my opinion, all of our anti-freedom restrictions on who and for what purposes private property owners can exclude at their places of public accommodation (race, religion, disability, etc.) has been so etched into the American psyche over the past half-century that gun owners think their right to self-defense should be sufficient to trump another's property rights. We should be fighting this freedom-infringing landscape, not attempting to make our pet interests a part of it.

That's ****ing scary, and to me it's evidence of freedom-eroding progressive policies succeeding, as people forget through the passage of time that what is commonly accepted as the way things are shouldn't necessarily be that way.

Why ?

Because 80% of the people at gunshows are complete idiots and are posterboys for the Liberals to point at and say "this is why we need more gun laws".

The promoters act accordingly,and being private property they can do what they want.

80% of modern society are complete idiots and posterboys for abortion rights 16-40 years too late.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either. But unlike a place like Gillette Stadium, you are searched going into a gun show.
Of all places it's a gun show people are they're trying to sign you up for gun rights and they're taking them away sure you can lie and say you are not carrying if you want to be a liar and for that reason that people do lie about carrying I think they should just tell you if your gun is loaded to keep it concealed and not flashing it around but if it's the insurance that's telling them that they have to do this for the venue there's really not much anyone can do

Of all places it's a gun show people are they're trying to sign you up for gun rights and they're taking them away sure you can lie and say you are not carrying if you want to be a liar and for that reason that people do lie about carrying I think they should just tell you if your gun is loaded to keep it concealed and not flashing it around but if it's the insurance that's telling them that they have to do this for the venue there's really not much anyone can do

I'm closing this because nobody can sum this argument up any more clearly. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom