Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what just happened - I can barely make out what the guy running the session is mumbling. Something about something being withdrawn. I need the closed captioning back.

ETA: I guess it was the amendment that was just read (23) that got immediately withdrawn.

Last edited:
I can't wait for this annual report of gun crimes that MSP must now produce per 136Q. I don't think it will produce the numbers or type of numbers that the anti-gunners are looking for. They may be unpleasantly surprised.

Exactly. This was in Goal's bill that they tried to file earlier this year. Give it 4 or 5 yrs and the Anti's aren't going to have a fact to stand on

Schools need to let kids jump out of the windows and run into the woods (at least that's what my kids have been taught). But I degrees.

Did the House Means and Ways Committee appropriate funds for this resource? Is that what they do or is that for after the bill passes?

Exactly. This was in Goal's bill that they tried to file earlier this year. Give it 4 or 5 yrs and the Anti's aren't going to have a fact to stand on

This is the reporting that Linsky's new amendment #35 will also include accidental shootings, attempted suicide, and suicide by firearm data as well, if that passes.

Don't worry, they will find a way to fudge the numbers like Obama does the unemployment and GDP numbers.

re 23: Schools need to let kids jump out of the windows and run into the woods (at least that's what my kids have been taught). But I degrees.

Did the House Means and Ways Committee appropriate funds for this resource? Is that what they do or is that for after the bill passes?

Amendment 23 withdrawn.

Ghaaa. Nevermind.

Last edited:
I don't know what just happened - I can barely make out what the guy running the session is mumbling. Something about something being withdrawn. I need the closed captioning back.

ETA: I guess it was the amendment that was just read (23) that got immediately withdrawn.

He took public speaking lessons from Menino.

I can't view the video feed, has DeLeo been running around the room hitting people to make them withdraw amendments? 35 amendments proposed and most of them withdrawn. Why even bother?

I can't view the video feed, has DeLeo been running around the room hitting people to make them withdraw amendments? 35 amendments proposed and most of them withdrawn. Why even bother?

Pandering to the constituency?

He took public speaking lessons from Menino.

To be fair, if I was more familiar with the rules/procedures of the House, then I would probably be able to follow what he was saying. He is obviously trying to blaze through everything as fast as possible.

Cause they are the lacky idiots. Peterson told DeLeo, if an anti gun amendment passed, he and his followers were pulling their support from the bill. DeLeo needs to save face and will not let that happen

Cause they are the lacky idiots. Peterson told DeLeo, if an anti gun amendment passed, he and his followers were pulling their support from the bill. DeLeo needs to save face and will not let that happen

That is an appealing story, but do Peterson and his friends really have enough sway to kill the thing? Or do you think DeLeo not only wants it to pass, but to pass with flying colors?

That is an appealing story, but do Peterson and his friends really have enough sway to kill the thing? Or do you think DeLeo not only wants it to pass, but to pass with flying colors?
it's already out there that he had to re-write it, that he worked with GOAL personally, he needs something that will look good

the politics don't stop with this bill, by giving peterson and the token R's bones to chew on, he likely gains favor on other things as well.

they could at least drag it out longer, keep introducing amendments, and make it look worse, rile up the already angry constituents, etc
with only a couple weeks left in the session I assume he wants this turd well polished and easily passed

So is there any major reason I am missing to not be overly concerned with the passage of this bill? FID seems to be the biggest thing but judicial review over LTC restrictions seems to be a much bigger win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom