Guns Inc in WestSpringfield MASS, the old AAA Guns.

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
I have to give two [thumbsup] to Guns Inc. Guns-Inc.com

I stopped in there yesterday and was greated by Hello's and Can We Help You's.

After I got up off the floor I was back down on the floor again because one of the folks that said Hello was Phil.

Yes that was a shock compaired to how he was before under Daves ownership.

I was actully back there today to buy a Tommey Guned Ruger 10/22 but I didn't buy it. It was my fault, I had read the price wrong, that's why I didn't buy it. He had two price tags on it and I didn't see the 2nd one till today, one tag was for the kit and one tag was for the gun, so it was a bit confuzing. Real nice gun though with the kit allready on the gun.

There was a worker there that I was talking to that was pulling some wires, he told me that Dave (the new owner, E. David Knapik) has bought the store(s) next door and that they are blowing out the wall and making the store bigger. That was good to hear.

It seems like we have another good store to go to.

So stop by the new Guns Inc and check them out, you won't be sorry.

David

Last edited:
The prices seemed Ok, a few were real good and some were high.

They have a few used uppers that are beat up and priced at $500 which is way to high, but they had some prices on guns that were real good.

I guess that some folks tryed too buy guns from them at the last few gunshows and they said they were high, but that could have been just because it was a gunshow, I don't know.

I'd stop by and check them out now or in a month or two, they are taking down a wall and making the place bigger.

I'll give them another-nother shot i guess.
I stopped in a week or so ago and it seemed as unpleasant as ever, but I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was just an "off day".

I'll give them another-nother shot i guess.
I stopped in a week or so ago and it seemed as unpleasant as ever, but I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was just an "off day".

I'm not saying that they are the best gun shop in the area now, I'm saying that they are not anything like AAA was.

They have a chance to become one of the good shops in western mass.

I thought they had some good prices and the biggest thing is the good people in there now.

I still to this day say that the BS I went through with Dave the owner of AAA was the normal day to day practice for AAA.

The people there now seem to want to help you when you walk in now, and they even come over to you and say Hi, can I help you. You don't have to stand there for hours waiting for someone to wait on you like before.

I'm going to check back in a few months and see what they are like than.

I still want a Four Seasons #2 Gun Shop out here in the forgotten territory of Western Mass. [wink]

I'll have to stop in & give it a re-try. How are the prices same as before or are the new owners looking to sell?

Hate to say it, ope it changes, but I've been in there several times now with the new owners, nice guys, but sorry, the prices of a few guns I'm interested in just were pretty far out and overpriced. Left there yesterday after fondlng a beauty for a while, it was about $100-$150 too high, with no negotiating in sight.. I left, went up the street and bought a ported 637 Pro series S&W..

I'm not saying that they are the best gun shop in the area now, I'm saying that they are not anything like AAA was.

They have a chance to become one of the good shops in western mass.

Believe me, I hear you there... and I welcome ANY new shops to the area.
If they can be competitive and actually have good service, I would be more than willing to be a happy customer.

As a couple others have mentioned, so far the prices are still pretty high.... and my own personal treatment is purely subjective. That said, I'm willing to give them opportunity to prove they're different under the new ownership.... and I hope they do!

Any local shop will get my business before making a two hour drive out east.

I'd certainly like to see them get a larger ammo supply and drop the prices...

I tend to buy at least a box or 2 of ammo anytime I'm down at Cabelas in Hartford. They usually have a good selection and prices aren't bad, especially with the sales they have. Plus you can go on the website and pick any ammo you need and have it shipped to the store for free, that way you know they're gonna have what you want.

I tend to buy at least a box or 2 of ammo anytime I'm down at Cabelas in Hartford. They usually have a good selection and prices aren't bad, especially with the sales they have. Plus you can go on the website and pick any ammo you need and have it shipped to the store for free, that way you know they're gonna have what you want.

Cabela's sounds good, but too long of a ride and fuel becomes a factor. Unless it's a smokin deal, and you buy a huge amount the numbers don't work.

Prices seem high. Much different atmosphere. I was looking for a SW 442 but they did not have one. They had a 642 but was priced a bit high. I picked up a slightly used one at Guns and Gun Parts for $100 less. I will head back today to see if they have a cheap holster for it

Prices seem high. Much different atmosphere. I was looking for a SW 442 but they did not have one. They had a 642 but was priced a bit high. I picked up a slightly used one at Guns and Gun Parts for $100 less. I will head back today to see if they have a cheap holster for it

Nice, I'm foaming at the mouth to see Mike at G&G Parts.. picking up my 3" M60 this morning and gonna drool on my 637Pro I had him hold for me.. I'm going on a spree this morning, wanted to go back to G-Inc.. but .... heading down to Riverview for some ammo and splatter targets for the wife.. wanna go to Agawam Rev Club tomorrow..

Nice, I'm foaming at the mouth to see Mike at G&G Parts.. picking up my 3" M60 this morning and gonna drool on my 637Pro I had him hold for me.. I'm going on a spree this morning, wanted to go back to G-Inc.. but .... heading down to Riverview for some ammo and splatter targets for the wife.. wanna go to Agawam Rev Club tomorrow..

Can't tomorrow. My wife and kid are in the St Patty's Day parade. Next two Sundays are Hockey. Maybe next Saturday?

Edited to clean up the thread... it was a personal message better asked through PM.

Last edited:
Great service there best around but as far as workmanship i`d say very poor. Was little surprised to find out they do not test fire any of the trade in weapons or new builds and as far as building a firearm I would not have it done there. Had an AR assembled there and received it back with 1) buffer tube not in far enough to hold retention pin in (also nut not stalked) 2)Marks on the upper from clamped wrong in the vise 3) Rail not straight and 4) This one was the worst after the proceeding was fixed got to the range only to find out the gas tube was put in upside down. So $120 upper marked up $20 gas tube garbage $75 fee to assemble absolute inconvenience. Received a $75 store credit which was somewhat insulting with all the business I have sent them but what can you do besides passing on the lesson.

Went there a few weeks ago. Was not really impressed by the workers, or the prices.

But at least we didn't have to deal with the old racist a**h***s who used to be there, but then again I did not see Gopher Phil when I went...

This is the store that told me carrying rifles in rifle cases was illegal, whether they were locked or not. [rolleyes]

I asked the guy, how do I carry it then?

He just walked away.

The girl there is hott, but I will never shop there again.

Last time I tried to deal with them they wanted full MSRP plus a little extra on a Sig 229. I saved over $100 (after paying for fuel) by driving to 4 Seasons. I will not pay for their expansion. I will not deal with Lieutenant Phil. I will not trust any of their supposed "knowledge" on firearms or local firearms laws.

Last time I was there, one of their people explained to me that it was illegal to own a Glock 19, Gen 4. He was a little condescending, though not overly so. I tried to explain to him the difference between the approved weapons roster and the AG's list for firearms dealers and that you could acquire one through private transfer. He informed me kindly that if I did a civilian transfer, the ATF would be knocking on my door. One of the the other guys came over and corrected him, but moments before this same guy was preaching his knowledge to other customers.

I've had some very negative experiences there and some ok experiences. There's a few guys who are really knowledgeable and down to earth. I try and steer towards them when I go there. (It's close to work and convenient at lunch). I've bought two fire arms there, both somewhat over priced but were in high demand and in stock. Their ammo prices seem high as well. Not my number 1 or number 2 choice for western ma. Hopefully they improve (or continue to improve, as I haven't been there in a few months). It would be nice to have a friendly and helpful gun shop close by. Based on my experience, they don't yet fill that role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my number 1 or number 2 choice for western ma. Hopefully they improve (or continue to improve, as I haven't been there in a few months). It would be nice to have a friendly and helpful gun shop close by. Based on my experience, they don't yet fill that role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your number one or number two. i have been there, but didnt buy. looking for a guns shop to call my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is your number one or number two. i have been there, but didnt buy. looking for a guns shop to call my own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guns and Gear in Agawam is probably the best around. Like them on Facebook and they post ammo shipments when they get them as well as new firearms. The owners are really good people and most of the employees are good guys.

Walmart in Westfield is your best bet for cheap ammo but you never know what they have unless you stop by.

I also like B&G Sporting Goods on route 20 in Russell ( basically in Westfield). They are always helpful, can order whatever you want but are somewhat pricey on ammo.

See post #40

Guns and Gear in Agawam is probably the best around. Like them on Facebook and they post ammo shipments when they get them as well as new firearms. The owners are really good people and most of the employees are good guys.

Walmart in Westfield is your best bet for cheap ammo but you never know what they have unless you stop by.

I also like B&G Sporting Goods on route 20 in Russell ( basically in Westfield). They are always helpful, can order whatever you want but are somewhat pricey on ammo.
Agreed!

B&G will treat you right. The guns are priced right and things went up as they paid more from what I saw. More recently it seems that ammo is just in orbit because they are getting screwed on their end. They have always been great to me.

G&G is ok I guess but if you ask them for anything out of the norm and what they have in stock it seems like you are asking the world of them. For instock and ammo they are the best shop. RDG is correct on walmart for ammo pricing.

G&GP is limited on what he has but is super nice and doesn't give you any shit unlike other shops around

Back
Top Bottom