Guns Inc in WestSpringfield MASS, the old AAA Guns.

I was working out in Springfield today. Don't get out there very often, now that I no longer live in the Democratic Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. I found Guns Inc on my phone when I did a quick search for gun shops because I love browsing them. The store is clean enough and has a fair selection of long guns (quite a few DPRM neutered AR's) but what caught my attention was their selection of Aero Precision lowers. $299. What the actual f*ck. I mean, I know a business can sell whatever they want at whatever price the market will bear, but are people that desperate out there?

You don't know how many times I told them to put those stupid receivers in the back room. They purchased them during the Sandy Hook craze. They paid stupid money for them

How many were in the case? Last time I was there I seem to remember 5-6 being there. Haven't been back there since.

How many were in the case? Last time I was there I seem to remember 5-6 being there. Haven't been back there since.

yep, that's about right... I usually stop in there once a week and tell the boys almost every time, they need to price them to current prices or put em in the back room ..... Everything there is priced ok, guns, accessories, etc... but... what gets highlighted... like it's indicative of the whole shop.... Sandy hooked purchased lower receivers.... let's be fair here....

I mean, I know a business can sell whatever they want at whatever price the market will bear, but are people that desperate out there?
I was out there last month and checked out the place, mainly for interesting used & consignment guns. First time I had ever been there. Very nice store but I thought prices were a bit high by Eastern MA standards... but sometimes everyone else seems high when compared to FSGuns. Prices didn't seem to matter to the several customers who were in there shopping. I guess if you live in Western MA, taking a day off to drive to FSGuns can be hard to justify.

Despite the really nice looking store and polite staff, I left empty handed. The only used gun I was interested in was marked "Out-of-state/LE only" (no, not a Glock!) despite the fact that other identical guns are for sale elsewhere with no issues. It appears that Guns, Inc. takes the strictest possible interpretation of MA law and the AG's rules. Same with some other items I wanted to buy. No-go on everything. I left scratching my head.

Perhaps they get a lot of LE and out-of state business. Otherwise, I don't know how they stay in business.

I bought a Glock 23 Gen2 from them in March. The staff was great to work with, the price was very fair and lower then other places for Glocks. The staff let me field strip and inspect as many as I wanted until I found the one I bought. I do think the price on some of the guns is higher then other local gun shops. All in all I was very happy with them.

Let's dig this up again[banghead]. So yesterday Buckhunter156 and I went to Guns Inc while making the rounds. He wanted to purchase a brush and holster. The owner (I think) asked him for his last name. After a drawn out exchange over his refusal to provide his name (he had cash in hand btw). He was berated and told he was being ridiculous and couldn't believe that he wouldn't provide his name etc etc etc that no one has ever not given a name, let alone made an issue of it etc. In the end he was told flat out you're not getting it and it's none of your business. He then involves one of his employees and proceeds to tell him about how much his customer sucks and can he even sell something to him without his name.

Really?!?! The rep responded by telling him to just put it in as cash and ring him out (like it was no big deal). He proceeds to give him crap about how he doesn't have his address and phone number. What does he do about the info that's loaded in there under cash customer etc. He proceeds to ask Buck what his info is again even though his employee told him the work around. Ultimately he rang it up as cash and was all pissed off.

What is wrong with this shop?[sad2]

Matt I went back to give them another chance also. I wanted a lock box for my truck a $25.00 item.

The girl at the counter asked for my name for her computer, I said I was paying cash. She said they only need the name to better serve me. I said John Smith, she replies you really won't give me your name. I said I just did as far as you know. She rang me up but I am done there.

They can run their business anyway they want, I will shop elsewhere.

Matt I went back to give them another chance also. I wanted a lock box for my truck a $25.00 item.

The girl at the counter asked for my name for her computer, I said I was paying cash. She said they only need the name to better serve me. I said John Smith, she replies you really won't give me your name. I said I just did as far as you know. She rang me up but I am done there.

They can run their business anyway they want, I will shop elsewhere.

Ehhh whatever. Everyother store asks you a name.

Last edited by a moderator:
This place sucks in my opinion.
Went there months ago to check it out after the name change, I got that "need your name BS" from the girl too for trying to buy ammo and mags.

Prices sucked and the people were jerks.

I'll take my business elsewhere. In fact, that day left such a bad impression on me, I almost didn't do the "friends of the NRA? I think it was" gun raffle because they got selected as the local transfer agent which isn't negotiable.

Guns and Gear is my local preferred shop but B&Gs is good too, I just don't make it out there often.
R&R's bow shop is nice, tho the guy at the main register isn't very friendly...

You guys are a real trip over this name BS... It's just another business... nothing more. What do you think happens when you give them your name... Blowing up a good business over this is BS. Same with claiming 25% over on everything.... really... more BS... get a life guys..

JWalts... you should know better than anyone posting here... you have a business... I am sure you don't have the name of every customer that walks in the door...[rolleyes] not to mention... the cost of doing business..

You guys are a real trip over this name BS... It's just another business... nothing more. What do you think happens when you give them your name... Blowing up a good business over this is BS. Same with claiming 25% over on everything.... really... more BS... get a life guys..

JWalts... you should know better than anyone posting here... you have a business... I am sure you don't have the name of every customer that walks in the door...[rolleyes] not to mention... the cost of doing business..

I never posted anything negative about them asking for my name, I have no issues with that.

Have you ever been to Trader Johns in Winchester, NH? Now that guy is a prick!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a business and all the information that I may possess about my customers is my information and I can do with it what I want. I can sell it, and I can give it to the police.

But I don't. When the police come in looking for information on anyone, whether on a customer or not, I politely tell them, "Get a warrant."

I protect my customers.

I don't know what Guns Inc. is doing with the names and I don't know why they want them.

I have a business and all the information that I may possess about my customers is my information and I can do with it what I want. I can sell it, and I can give it to the police.

But I don't. When the police come in looking for information on anyone, whether on a customer or not, I politely tell them, "Get a warrant."

I protect my customers.

I don't know what Guns Inc. is doing with the names and I don't know why they want them.

so tell us.... what do you think they are doing with the names..... I mean really.. please tell us, now that you have made innuendos..

It's too bad to see guys rip a good gun store.. it's obvious the agenda.. I have no stake in the place, no relationship with anyone there... and don't for the life of me see the "bad attitude" from anyone working there at this point... I frequent most stores around here and beyond, there are characters in all of them...

She scanned my driver's license when I bought some brass. She'd already seen my LTC when I looked at a rifle. The receipt had my home address, phone, etc. When I asked her why they did that, she said it was because there had been burglaries at several gun shops and they were sure it was guys that had cased the places beforehand. So they're building a list of suspects before anything happens. That's all I needed to know. Adios.

Iv been there a few times and for the most part the people behind the counter suck ass. Like they don't want to be bothered by customer's. Not all of the people behind the counters are like this I have gone a few really friendly employees before but not enough to make up for the bad ones.as far as prices go on the firearms they are on par but on everything else as a huge markup.last time I was there about 3 weeks ago they were asking 9 dollars a box of Rio 12 gauge 8 shotyou can pick these up at dicks For 6.50 a box. the biggest market I saw was they are selling a Aero precision AR Striped lower for 300 dollars you can get this off their website for about 95dollars to me the place is either hit or miss and most of the time it is Miss

She scanned my driver's license when I bought some brass. She'd already seen my LTC when I looked at a rifle. The receipt had my home address, phone, etc. When I asked her why they did that, she said it was because there had been burglaries at several gun shops and they were sure it was guys that had cased the places beforehand. So they're building a list of suspects before anything happens. That's all I needed to know. Adios.

Scanned your drivers license?? Seriously?

Come on Cotton, you got to agree that's a bit over the top. In today's world where companies networks are being hacked on an almost daily basis.

No thanks.

Scanned your drivers license?? Seriously?

Come on Cotton, you got to agree that's a bit over the top. In today's world where companies networks are being hacked on an almost daily basis.

No thanks.

Actually, I see nothing wrong, everywhere I go, they want my name and address... The only one I never wanted to give my info to was Radio Shack cause they buried me with junk mail..

I ask again, what do you think they are doing with your info? I go to Dick's.... they have all my info... I go to Guns and Gear... guess what.. they have all my info... I go anywhere... they have all my info... but a few here act like Guns Inc is building a hit list... it's just a customer base ... period.

And all this BS about hacking.... really... so I'm sure not one of you guys here moaning have a credit card... [rolleyes]

" Radio Shack cause they buried me with junk mail"

OMG I remember that too! To this day people despise them for that stunt.

Actually, I see nothing wrong, everywhere I go, they want my name and address... The only one I never wanted to give my info to was Radio Shack cause they buried me with junk mail..

I ask again, what do you think they are doing with your info? I go to Dick's.... they have all my info... I go to Guns and Gear... guess what.. they have all my info... I go anywhere... they have all my info... but a few here act like Guns Inc is building a hit list... it's just a customer base ... period.

And all this BS about hacking.... really... so I'm sure not one of you guys here moaning have a credit card... [rolleyes]

But a drivers license?? Why on earth does Guns Inc need a copy of his drivers license on file?

And I get it, we all have CCs and are all potential victims of identity theft, bring hacked etc. but still, I've never had any other gun shop record my info in their system unless I was purchasing a firearm.

But a drivers license?? Why on earth does Guns Inc need a copy of his drivers license on file?

And I get it, we all have CCs and are all potential victims of identity theft, bring hacked etc. but still, I've never had any other gun shop record my info in their system unless I was purchasing a firearm.

True...

If you're paying cash it should end as that. Hum let's just look at what just went down on NY with threatening a swat raid and requesting 4473s on all AR purchases. When you have a shop that records EVERYTHING it leaves open the possibility that the info could go in to the wrong hands. No one is going to come looking for you over a lumber yard purchase or at your mechanic for repairs but in this industry there is no reason to hold excess info.

On top of it with all the excuses they throw out there it is clear that there is not a clear and precise reason for the collection of all the purchases. What about how they treat you? For the most part they have a huge chip on their shoulder. G&G are *******s too. G&GP is kinda quiet but not an ass and B&G are really nice but limited and ammo is sadly still insane. Bottom line is we do not have a great shop in the area.

ETA: As for motive? For them to stop collecting info that can assist JBTs and being *******s. They have the best size/layout shop around and I'd love to see them cut the bullshit and capitalize. Hell I miss Phil at this point. At least you knew what you were getting and he brought a lot to the table.

Last edited:
If you're paying cash it should end as that. Hum let's just look at what just went down on NY with threatening a swat raid and requesting 4473s on all AR purchases. When you have a shop that records EVERYTHING it leaves open the possibility that the info could go in to the wrong hands. No one is going to come looking for you over a lumber yard purchase or at your mechanic for repairs but in this industry there is no reason to hold excess info.

On top of it with all the excuses they throw out there it is clear that there is not a clear and precise reason for the collection of all the purchases. What about how they treat you? For the most part they have a huge chip on their shoulder. G&G are *******s too. G&GP is kinda quiet but not an ass and B&G are really nice but limited and ammo is sadly still insane. Bottom line is we do not have a great shop in the area.

ETA: As for motive? For them to stop collecting info that can assist JBTs and being *******s. They have the best size/layout shop around and I'd love to see them cut the bullshit and capitalize. Hell I miss Phil at this point. At least you knew what you were getting and he brought a lot to the table.

Good points....

Back
Top Bottom