Guns Inc in WestSpringfield MASS, the old AAA Guns.

If you're paying cash it should end as that. Hum let's just look at what just went down on NY with threatening a swat raid and requesting 4473s on all AR purchases. When you have a shop that records EVERYTHING it leaves open the possibility that the info could go in to the wrong hands. No one is going to come looking for you over a lumber yard purchase or at your mechanic for repairs but in this industry there is no reason to hold excess info.

On top of it with all the excuses they throw out there it is clear that there is not a clear and precise reason for the collection of all the purchases. What about how they treat you? For the most part they have a huge chip on their shoulder. G&G are *******s too. G&GP is kinda quiet but not an ass and B&G are really nice but limited and ammo is sadly still insane. Bottom line is we do not have a great shop in the area.

ETA: As for motive? For them to stop collecting info that can assist JBTs and being *******s. They have the best size/layout shop around and I'd love to see them cut the bullshit and capitalize. Hell I miss Phil at this point. At least you knew what you were getting and he brought a lot to the table.

Good points....

Not good points, pretty ridiculous, crying wolf using an example that has nothing to do with us. ... a feeble attempt to make a simple request for customer info into a Jackboot attack... every gun we've bought is already listed to our name in our state. I mean really people, get over it, no one is coming for your guns because of your name on a computer at Guns Inc.. If you don't like someone over there than so be it... but this name BS is just that.. The price of the Aero Precision lower has been dropped to current shop prices, inspite of them having been purchased at the higher Sandy Hook price.. the few remaining Troy AR's, purchased also at SH prices are now priced at a $500 loss.. they suck on the price of ammo... but maybe someday will find better sources.... All of the personel from the past 2 years are gone... I mean really guys, they are not looking to screw anyone... and by the way, there hasn't been a girl working behind the counter for about 6months...

It's not the asking for the name part that bothers me, in fact most all stores do it, gathering info to sell you crap. It's the persistence and berating the customer after the fact is what would get me. If that happened to me I would have dropped the goods on the counter and walked out.

I simply prefer not to give out my name, addy, email, to ever single damn place I buy something from. I hate salesmen, I hate being bothered with all that crap. If I want something I'll go find it thank you very much, don't bombard me with your crap.

so tell us.... what do you think they are doing with the names..... I mean really.. please tell us, now that you have made innuendos..

What if this list of names gets stolen? Or seized? Why have it at all? Really, why?

Actually, I see nothing wrong, everywhere I go, they want my name and address... The only one I never wanted to give my info to was Radio Shack cause they buried me with junk mail..

I ask again, what do you think they are doing with your info? I go to Dick's.... they have all my info... I go to Guns and Gear... guess what.. they have all my info... I go anywhere... they have all my info... but a few here act like Guns Inc is building a hit list... it's just a customer base ... period.

And all this BS about hacking.... really... so I'm sure not one of you guys here moaning have a credit card... [rolleyes]

I suppose you could just make up a name and address. I've given out "Hugh Jass" plenty of times.

I mean if you don't want to give your info they should just say " no problem sir" and be done with it.

Do they not do this? Just make up a name to make them happy.

I don't understand why turbo38gn is so vehemently defending their practices? We get it, you don't think that Guns Inc recording as much personal information as they can from customers is a big deal. Many others do think it is a big deal. But it seems like you've got a chip on your shoulder about the whole thing.

For the record I go in there about once a month... I stand up for anyone when I feel they are being treated unfairly. That's it plain and simple. I have nothing to gain... no free guns, ammo or a reach around Matt...

Ehhh whatever. Everyother store asks you a name.

Not true. I have shopped at Nick's, Guns and Gear, R&R, Guns and gun parts, and have bought many items. No I.D. necessary.

I show a LTC to buy ammo from these other stores but they do not put that info in a computer.

I purchased a book and a box at Guns Inc. two non regulated items that any free person can buy without identification or a LTC in fact a child can buy these items. You and turbo can't understand this is not normal.

If you buy a bumper sticker you would need a drivers license at Guns inc., you may find this normal I do not.

You and Turbo may have no dog in this fight but you keep fighting it.

I said I will shop elsewhere and you can shop there. This is a thread about gun shops and customer service obviously you are happy with them I am not.

Last edited:
My cousin who is new to AR's (I am not) was looking at an upper so I went to look at with him. Prices were a little high but hey, they had a decent selection of guns, but how in the world does this place survive with empty ammo shelves? Most gun shops around here are for the most part fully stocked. This place didn't even have 9mm or 45. And the ammo they did have was astronomically priced. I was gonna grab some primers btu they didn't have any of those either. Geez. For a store of that size at least fill the shelves. Half of the store was empty.

Lot's of chatter that this store is for sale. Maybe that's reflected in the low inventory. That being said, they are the last shop to have a replenished ammo stock after last years silliness abated. They have had some nice help there in the past. I noticed the other day that Kendall is back (owner's daughter). I have always found her to be very personable. Their gun prices are still on the high side compared to R&R or Nicks but I wish them well. It's not like we are overloaded with stores around here. Would hate to see a business fail.

Lot's of chatter that this store is for sale. Maybe that's reflected in the low inventory. That being said, they are the last shop to have a replenished ammo stock after last years silliness abated. They have had some nice help there in the past. I noticed the other day that Kendall is back (owner's daughter). I have always found her to be very personable. Their gun prices are still on the high side compared to R&R or Nicks but I wish them well. It's not like we are overloaded with stores around here. Would hate to see a business fail.

We have had two new guns shops open up in the area in the past 6 months. Both in Agawam.

That brings 6 shop total to the Agawam, westfield, west side area. And that's not including Dicks and Walmart for ammo.

I really dont don't see our area being able to sustain business for 6 shops. I could certainly see one or two closing.

We have had two new guns shops open up in the area in the past 6 months. Both in Agawam.

That brings 6 shop total to the Agawam, westfield, west side area. And that's not including Dicks and Walmart for ammo.

I really dont don't see our area being able to sustain business for 6 shops. I could certainly see one or two closing.

I've only been to the one in the plaza on 57 that just opened. Really nothing there. I mean like if he had 10 guns in stock I'd be surprised. Looked at a USED S&W PC 1911 in 9mm that was the owners personal gun. Was VERY used. Wanted more than a new one. I just can't see how that one stays alive more than a few months. Where's the other?

I've only been to the one in the plaza on 57 that just opened. Really nothing there. I mean like if he had 10 guns in stock I'd be surprised. Looked at a USED S&W PC 1911 in 9mm that was the owners personal gun. Was VERY used. Wanted more than a new one. I just can't see how that one stays alive more than a few months. Where's the other?

http://firearmprofessionals.com

396 Main st. Agawam..

Didn't the guy who owns the fire suppression company just buy AAA Guns, then turned it into guns Inc. like 2 yrs ago and dump all that money into it? Odd if he did that and now plans on selling.

I also stopped there a week ago. Very little ammo, a few pre-ban guns. Not sure how its gonna survive.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That shop is really close to my house and Agawam Revolver (member) and I really would like to see them succeed. The owners and employees are all super nice, and more than happy to talk "shop" to anyone that stops in.

They certainly have more firearms in the case now than before and his shelves are getting close to full. His ammo prices are way high and his firearm prices on the higher side.

Ive bought one handgun from him and while it wasn't a super deal, it was tax free weekend and my ARC discount made it an okay deal.. Plus I really wanted it. Lol

I just want to know if that hot blonde who always wears yoga pants still works there.

Not that I'm shallow or anything, just trying to be "one of the guys", yea that's it.....But I'm thinking pics would really help drive up sales.....or drive up something as it were....[smile]

I had a very unpleasant experience about 10 years ago and never went back until a few weeks ago.
I had a very good experience this time.
Not the same place it used to be
Huge selection, very good customer service
Wish I had gone back sooner. They do very timely FFL transfer

I had a very unpleasant experience about 10 years ago and never went back until a few weeks ago.
I had a very good experience this time.
Not the same place it used to be
Huge selection, very good customer service
Wish I had gone back sooner. They do very timely FFL transfer

Right on... they are no way even close to what they were 5 years ago... the last couple of years, Kendal and family has really gotten it together. Inventory is excellent, more and more accessories in stock, and really quick to get ordered up if you don't see what you want. With Mike helping to run the store, it's always a pleasure to stop in..

Right on... they are no way even close to what they were 5 years ago... the last couple of years, Kendal and family has really gotten it together. Inventory is excellent, more and more accessories in stock, and really quick to get ordered up if you don't see what you want. With Mike helping to run the store, it's always a pleasure to stop in..

spot on... Few years ago I went here for the first time... Rude employees and $300 stripped AP lowers. Stayed away for a while.... I'm sure I spoke badly of them on here and probably on FB..

Stopped by for some reason back in Novemeber, great selection, good prices and the employees were friendly and helpful... Even bought a Sig that day.

I stop in every couple weeks just to see what's new.

My only complaint is still the parking. There's very little and I'm always afraid to box someone in.

I've heard that they are getting a new place in West Springfield with a indoor range and full rental department. Should be cool if it happens

spot on... Few years ago I went here for the first time... Rude employees and $300 stripped AP lowers. Stayed away for a while.... I'm sure I spoke badly of them on here and probably on FB..

Stopped by for some reason back in Novemeber, great selection, good prices and the employees were friendly and helpful... Even bought a Sig that day.

I stop in every couple weeks just to see what's new.

My only complaint is still the parking. There's very little and I'm always afraid to box someone in.

I've heard that they are getting a new place in West Springfield with a indoor range and full rental department. Should be cool if it happens

Right on about the new place.... Actually, they already own the building just down the street behind the White Hut, old West Side Autobody building.. it's been approved for a full shooting range and store!!! Going to have to be patient, but it's all in the works!

Back
Top Bottom