NES Member
Anyone got the books by Jerry Kuhnhausen for the
Colt 1911, either volume 1 or 2? Do I need to buy both
or does volume 2 cover it all?

Also, is the book by the same author for the S&W revolvers
recommended as well? Or not?

Thanks,

TBP

I have Vol 2 and there's more info than I (or the average 1911 owner/DIY'er), will ever need (dimension schematics for each and every part for example).

Regardless, it's an excellent resource for anyone interested in the insides, and function of their 1911.

(Note: the description from Brownells website...

"Volume II In The Series; Covers Repair, Rebuilding & Customizing; Even More Detailed Than Volume 1".)

"207 pages. 6" x 9". Softbound. Filled with incredibly crisp, clear, cutaway drawings, exploded views, how-to pictographs, and photos; complimented by very readable, detailed text, dimensioned close ups of all the components and valuable tricks of the trade. If you want to understand the 1911, how it functions, what causes it to malfunction and how to fix it, you must have this book. Includes what are probably the best set of instructions for fitting a custom barrel available to date. Illustrates how to fit parts to the proper dimensions and install them correctly - a must whether you're building duty guns, casual plinkers, or match winners. Even the index is well laid out and useful. An excellent reference work and practical how-to manual".

Back
Top Bottom