***H.2259 *ALERT* let's get it done!***

H2259 Updates?

Has anyone heard any updates about H2259? I haven't seen anything posted here yet anyway. Is there a link somewhere in the statehouse webpage that has meeting minutes, etc? I'd really like to know what the commitee is doing with it now.

Last edited:
This is the closest you might find.

It took them a year, from introduction until now, to have a public hearing on the matter.

The most encouraging things in the article?

The bill, which lists nine Democratic backers and seven Republicans, drew support from both chairs of Public Safety Committee.

Sen. James Timilty (D-Walpole), the Senate chair of the Public Safety Committee, called it a “great bill” and said he hoped to see “passage in some form this year.”

So there you have it.

I scan the docket as part of my daily routine and Jim is in touch with our legislators on a daily basis so we'll let you guys know as soon as we do. Patience is a must in these matters, it's a long process.

Please keep in touch with your legislators on this as well, do not let them backburner it.

Thanks!

Find them here.

Now that Second Amendment Issues are being discussed by our legislators, and in the media, we need to renew our effort to get H.2259 out of committee and onto the House floor for discussion.

Please take the time to start anew, calling, writing, and emailing the members of the committee to vote favorably on this bill.

Remember, this is an election year, we are voters, we are watching, and election day is less than 20 weeks from now.

The two most effective ways to contact the committee members are phone calls and written letters, please remember to be respectful and polite, let them know that you are in support of this bill becoming law, it will enable our law enforcement officers to better enforce existing law, lock up dangerous criminals, and will better respect the Second Amendment Rights of all law abiding citizens of Massachusetts. It is truly a win win.

For more information on GOAL's Civil Rights and Public Safety Bill H.2259 click here.

For news about H.2259 on GOAL's website click here. This page also has links to the contact information for each committee member.

For contact information of all members of the Joint Committe on Public Safety and Homeland Security, click here.

WE HAVE AT BEST 14 WORKING DAYS TO GET THIS DONE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent a message to my Rep even though he's not on the Committee. I know he is behind H2259 and I asked if he could help us to move it out of committee favorably. Will get to the rest of the Committee later or tomorrow.

Sure is a lot of work trying to get these folks to do the right thing. I know that in my last batch of emails about H4102 I outright told them to, "Listen to the people and stand and be counted."

Round three of letters from me will go out tomorrow.

Question for GOAL: in requesting that H2259 get released favorably should we ask that it be released "as written, without amendment," or is that unnecessary at this point?

Real hand signed letters have a MUCH better impact than an e-mail. Take the time to send 'em.

As for H2259, it is very possible that there will be amendments. Unfortunately, until we can see them, it's hard to say either way.

Just focus on pushing H2259 as the REAL reform that makes Massachusetts gun laws easier to understand, easier to prosecute criminal acts under, and even saves the state money.

Last edited:
Real hand signed letters have a MUCH better impact than an e-mail.

I totally agree, for me I'm at work so it's all I can do now. I sent snail mail last round, and I'm off on Fridays for the summer so I think I'll break the suit out of the closet tomorrow and take a trip to Boston.

Everyone, we've all been working towards getting this bill passed for quite a while now. GOAL would like to thank each and every one of you that has taken the time to call or write the committee members.

Now it is time to stand and make a final push toward getting the committee members to release H.2259 with a favorable vote, it has been a long time, we realize this, please focus for two more weeks, stand with us and we will get it done.

Round three of letters from me will go out tomorrow.

Question for GOAL: in requesting that H2259 get released favorably should we ask that it be released "as written, without amendment," or is that unnecessary at this point?

Thank you for taking the time. Best approach, keep it simple, "please release H.2259 with a favorable report" will do just fine

The fact that this thing has not even had a bump anywhere on the pulse of the Senate or the House is worrisome. I am fearful they will just let it slip away to a quiet death. Not sure what else we can do besides call/write/visit on this issue. I think we need to get some of the reforms through as smaller individual bills.

Back
Top Bottom