Hanks belts anyone use one?

whacko

NES Member
Looking for a better leather belt for CCW outside waist band holster. Anyone ever use one of these? Hanks belts.

I have one on right now. It’s been my daily driver (with or without a gun - usually without) for a few years now.

They’re pretty sturdy, I do sometimes wish it was laminated instead of just one super-thick layer of leather, but I’ve never had a problem.

ETA: they’re available on Amazon w/ Prime shipping if you do that.

I have one on right now. It’s been my daily driver (with or without a gun - usually without) for a few years now.

They’re pretty sturdy, I do sometimes wish it was laminated instead of just one super-thick layer of leather, but I’ve never had a problem.

ETA: they’re available on Amazon w/ Prime shipping if you do that.
Thanks yes wife has prime.

I have three and if/when I wear them out I will get more. I have one plain and one with stitching in jeans width and one .25" narrower for slacks/dress pants.

Would the kydex reinforced one be too stiff for daily wear? I'm thinking it's more of a duty belt.

I have three and if/when I wear them out I will get more. I have one plain and one with stitching in jeans width and one .25" narrower for slacks/dress pants.
What width do you recommend for jeans carrying a Bianchi leather holster and a j frame?

Another choice - Bullhide Belts
Made in the USA, nice quality. They make a steel core belt that has handled years of abuse so far and stays surprisingly comfy
I'll check those out too

I own 3 and all are 1 1/2 inch. If you get one, be sure to go to their measurement section and follow it! My belts came out perfect. Sign up on their website for email and they have sales and discounts. I got 2 at half price for "blem" and they look first class.

I've got one of their black solid leather ones I picked up off Amazon, maybe a year ago for around $60ish if I remember correctly, I have had no problems with it! Holds weight great, isn't the stiffest belt out there but it's not flimsy either, it's a great every day casual belt. I'm looking into picking up a new one shortly, can only punch in so many new holes as I lose weight before it starts really looking ridiculous.

I give them a thumbs up for sure!

Lots of good belts out there right now. No need to go to Bradlees for a $5.99 special or see if you can pick one up at Swank during the Christmas sale. ;)

I'll give you one more. Anson Belts makes those click-belts. Infinite sizing. No need to suffer if you're hauling a G21 IWB and then eat a big ass plate of pasta for lunch. Clickclickclick, ability to breathe restored.

They make normal belts then they make natural tanned belts (which are very soft) AND they make "Concealed Carry" in black and brown leather as well as nylon in several colors. 1.5" widths.

As far as fashion, I've worn a 1.5" belt with all sorts of fashion be it suits or the like for 20 years. For a grown-up, a 1.25" belt - even with a suit - looks a bit 1990's to me. You can even tuck in the big-ass tag end like Vincent LaGuardia Gambini. LOL

My point is: Most holsters are designed around a 1.5" belt. Get 1.5's for EVERYTHING and move on.

(The only non-1.5" belt I have is a military web belt. That I wear with shorts that need them in the Summer.)

I own 4 Hank's belts. 2 gun belts, 2 formal. 1 Black, 1 Brown of each...

Lots of good belts out there right now. No need to go to Bradlees for a $5.99 special or see if you can pick one up at Swank during the Christmas sale. ;)

I'll give you one more. Anson Belts makes those click-belts. Infinite sizing. No need to suffer if you're hauling a G21 IWB and then eat a big ass plate of pasta for lunch. Clickclickclick, ability to breathe restored.

They make normal belts then they make natural tanned belts (which are very soft) AND they make "Concealed Carry" in black and brown leather as well as nylon in several colors. 1.5" widths.

As far as fashion, I've worn a 1.5" belt with all sorts of fashion be it suits or the like for 20 years. For a grown-up, a 1.25" belt - even with a suit - looks a bit 1990's to me. You can even tuck in the big-ass tag end like Vincent LaGuardia Gambini. LOL

My point is: Most holsters are designed around a 1.5" belt. Get 1.5's for EVERYTHING and move on.

(The only non-1.5" belt I have is a military web belt. That I wear with shorts that need them in the Summer.)

Thank you. Something I didn't even know existed, that now I need. I like the idea of being able to easily swap buckles.

FWIW i love Next Gen belts. They handle inside and outside amazingly. Never settle for pre-punched belt notches again . Full versatility. GUNBELTS

I've been wearing a Hanks leather belt for a couple years now. Well worth the money, very good construction. I'd imagine it's gonna last for quite awhile. And if I wear it out I'll definitely get another one.

I have a Bullhide belt and a 5-11 nylon belt. Nice stuff. View attachment 400084View attachment 400085
I think I've decided on a bullhide steel core belt. My issue with belts is they roll over and I'm looking for something stiff to keep thr holster tight to my side. Also leather belts tend to roll where the belt loops sit because of my "portly nature" and I'm thinking the stiffer steel core may help with that.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've got a few Hanks... they're good belts, but I don't like the buckle. The roller makes too much noise.

I've switched to Kore Essentials. I was between Kore and Nexbelt. I haven't seen the Nex in person, but from reviews, it seems the Kore is stiffer.

I feel like I could hand a 16lb sledge hammer on my belt and it wouldn't sag.

I have 2 hanks that I used to wear everyday but since I got my nexbelt titan I dont wear the hanks much anymore. I really like the ratchet on my nex belt and I dress casual everyday even for work so it works out well for me. But the Hanks are nice. The Daltech bull is also nice too if you want leather

I have a hanks.

If you're going by the internet thing of it should support your gun on a closed loop then it'll do that for maybe a year.

I've had mine for 7 years now, being broken in its just like any other belt but I have no complaints.

Looking for a better leather belt for CCW outside waist band holster. Anyone ever use one of these? Hanks belts.

I had an Old World Harness and sold it. I prefer Mitch Rosen Express Line, they're just as nice and seem to hold up better (meaning it maintains stiffness better).

I think I've decided on a bullhide steel core belt. My issue with belts is they roll over and I'm looking for something stiff to keep thr holster tight to my side. Also leather belts tend to roll where the belt loops sit because of my "portly nature" and I'm thinking the stiffer steel core may help with that.

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Hanks is stiff

Back
Top Bottom