• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

After my Aunts passed away, my Wife and I just went to a local restaurant. This year, by myself, I went to a local Chinese restaurant that I wanted to try out. Food and service was sub-par and there was only 1 group of people in the restaurant (they do have a bar and there were folks there).

Scalloped potatoes, they said they wanted, so I grabbed the trusty mandolin. Who needs to use the safety pusher I thought. Took an 1/8 of an inch slice off a finger pad, blood everywhere including potatoes.

No potatoes today, but no trip to the hospital, so I'll call that a win.....

Scalloped potatoes, they said they wanted, so I grabbed the trusty mandolin. Who needs to use the safety pusher I thought. Took an 1/8 of an inch slice off a finger pad, blood everywhere including potatoes.

No potatoes today, but no trip to the hospital, so I'll call that a win.....
They have those safety thingies for a reason, y'know. [grin] (And I've done at least as bad.)

Caught a bug late Tuesday… Fever, chills, body aches, and nausea all day Wednesday. Decided I’d still run the 5K Turkey Trot Thursday morning…because, why not…

fortunately, that helped sweat the cold out of me, but still no appetite by dinner time, so I just had some toast. Finally got my appetite back on Friday, but missed all the Thanksgiving day fixins. 🤷🏻‍♂️

…maybe I’ll go find a 1/2 priced pumpkin pie, lol

Officially the end of T-Day - the stock is now a soup. The turkey was all gone; so I cheated with a whole boneless skinless chicken breast, along with leeks, celery, carrots and onions.

The soup is so full of collagen, it feels like chapstick on the lips. Extra fine egg noodles are on the side to suit individual tastes IMG_6859.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom