Hard Tail 'N Hard Chrome pics!

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
This is a Caspian 1911 with a "hard tail" or one piece main spring housing and beavertail, no grip safety. The client bought all the pieces and then thought it might be more than he could handle. The MSH/Beavertail was oversized and required lots of fitting. In the end it worked out. The unit had the verticle serrations, which I match on the front strap. I kinda like the look and feel. He chose all great parts from Wilson and EGW which fit up well. The slide got sight cuts, ball cuts and a French border to match the front strap. The barrel is a Kart National Match, internals are Wilson as well as the hammer. The trigger is Wilson as well as the slide stop and thumb safety. The great looking grips are by Cavery and the project is finished in a semi polished hard chrome.

Hard%20Tail%20T%20gd%20091015-01_zpsjwq6uvx6.jpg

Hard%20Tail%20T%20gd%20091015-02_zpskhcvansn.jpg

Hard%20Tail%20T%20gd%20091015-04_zps6pkzmkzl.jpg

Hard%20Tail%20T%20gd%20091015-03_zpssm05mf5h.jpg

Greg does amazing work! I am very happy about how this custom 1911 came out. His attention to detail is amazing, he is professional and great to work with. I took it to the range yesterday at the Braintree outdoor range and I shot cloverleafs, Taking out the half inch orange pasty. The accuracy, fit and finish, is exceptional. Highly recommended! I'm very satisfied and very happy with the build.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I love the way the pins are polished like that.. The grips, wood grain the and the metal are very pleasing to the eye. Thanks again Greg for your craftsmanship!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom