• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB MONTHLY MEETING

How is the mud situation at the Action Shooting pits? I was going to shoot this weekend but the mud was so bad at my last visit That I chickened out.

How is the mud situation at the Action Shooting pits? I was going to shoot this weekend but the mud was so bad at my last visit That I chickened out.

I was there Saturday afternoon, it seems like the Mud are dried up a bit however there are huge grooves on the ground which I dont recommend driving over without an SUV.

I was there Saturday afternoon, it seems like the Mud are dried up a bit however there are huge grooves on the ground which I dont recommend driving over without an SUV.

Thanks for the report. I have a 4wd Tacoma and the mud had me a little worried on my last visit.

Two weekends ago I saw two people go through mud alley with a BMW car, then a Pontiac sedan. I was amazed they made it. I wouldn't try it even with my Tundra. Anyway, I should be around this coming weekend and we may have the .22lr conversion kit up and running in the M16. Stop by for some fun.

Two weekends ago I saw two people go through mud alley with a BMW car, then a Pontiac sedan. I was amazed they made it. I wouldn't try it even with my Tundra. Anyway, I should be around this coming weekend and we may have the .22lr conversion kit up and running in the M16. Stop by for some fun.

One of the BMWs didn't make it. I passed by just as the wrecker was hooking it up.

Yup, the roads are actually pretty smooth right now. The Grounds crew has been working awfully hard to improve them and they've done a great job; didn't need any 4 wheel drive at all.

Yup, the roads are actually pretty smooth right now. The Grounds crew has been working awfully hard to improve them and they've done a great job; didn't need any 4 wheel drive at all.

Just got back from Harvard, wow! I can't believe the improvement. You weren't kidding when you said they did a great job. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated crew.

We dumped a very small amount of .22lr through my 16 with the Ciener kit installed. Something like 900rds. But anyway, I'll be there after the Fitchburg show. See you then.

I was out this morning and the roads are starting to get muddy again. It's raining pretty hard in Westford right now. The Ciener kit worked great in the m16. Time to sell the American 180.

APRIL MEETING: This Thursday, April 2

The next monthly meeting is this Thursday, April 2nd, at 7:00. We encourage all current and prospective members to stop by and speak up. If you're interested in joining HSC, please arrive at 6:30 so that you'll have time to hear about the club, and if you decide to join, to complete your paperwork.

Check out post #1 on this thread for more information.

Last edited:
Speaking of rain; it is forecasted for the 11th. What is the chances of holding the IPSC match on Sat.? I ask because I will have to take a vacation day to participate.

Speaking of rain; it is forecasted for the 11th. What is the chances of holding the IPSC match on Sat.? I ask because I will have to take a vacation day to participate.

This really belongs under the "pistol competition" forum, but we'll definitely be shooting on Saturday.

NEXT MEETING, THURSDAY, MAY 7

The next monthly meeting is this Thursday, May 7th, at 7:00. We encourage all current and prospective members to stop by and speak up. We'll be talking about plans for the Open House in the fall, renewal of the popular Hunting Preserve program (stocked birds), ideas for paving/stabilizing the roadways, trying to schedule a sub-gun shoot for this spring, etc.

If you're interested in joining HSC, please arrive at 6:30 so that you'll have time to hear about the club, and if you decide to join, to complete your paperwork.

Please check out post #1 on this thread for more information.

The weather has been beautiful the last few weeks and the club has been a great place to spend some time. Never crowded and always friendly. It's springtime in the woods and the ranges are waiting to ring with the sound of freedom.

Club breakfasts will continue on the first and third Sundays of May and June, from 7:30 until roughly 10:30. (July and August will be "off" months for the breakfasts.)

Thanks very much,
- Dan

Last edited:
NEXT MEETING THIS THURSDAY, JUNE 4

The next monthly meeting is this Thursday, June 4th, at 7:00.

We'll still be working up plans for the Open House which will be September 26. The Hunting Preserve program is underway. Dog training programs are starting up (hunting dogs). The driveway is professionally re-graded and the immediate entrance at Littleton County Road is asphalt paved. The Sub-Gun Shoot is scheduled for June 28. And we're anxious to hear any new ideas from our members.

As always, if you're interested in joining HSC, please arrive at 6:30 so that you'll have time to hear about the club, and if you decide to join, to complete your paperwork.

The last two club breakfasts before the summer break will be on the first and third Sundays of June, from 7:30 until roughly 10:30. (July and August will be "off" months for the breakfasts.)

Thanks very much,
- Dan

NEXT MEETING THIS THURSDAY, JULY 2, 7:00

Another tickler for this month's meeting -
The next monthly meeting is this Thursday, July 2nd, at 7:00.

We'll continue to work on plans for the September 26 Open House. We'll also discuss plans to help with 100 Yard Range maintenance and improvements. You'll hear about the Sub-Gun Shoot on June 28 which was absolutely terrific (expect more shoots in the near future). And we'll be presenting a new proposal that will help rekindle the youth fishing programs.

And as always, we're anxious to hear any new ideas from our members.

If you're interested in joining HSC, please arrive at 6:30 so that you'll have time to hear about the club, and if you decide to join, to complete your paperwork.

Unfortunately, there will be no club breakfasts during July or August, but they'll return in September.

Thanks very much,
- Dan

Congratulations, HSC is a great club, made better through the efforts of some dedicated members. I'll be there Sat and Sun morning and will see you and the other new members on Sun morning, probably at the machinegun range.

HSC OCTOBER MONTHLY MEETING

It's that time again. The next monthly meeting is this Thursday, October 1st, at 7:00. We encourage all current and prospective members to stop by and speak up. The summer is winding down, but club activity is staying strong and hunting season is starting up.

We'll be discussing details about club improvements and range schedules. We'll talk about the new Chairman for the 200/300. We'll discuss police training policies and range usage. And we'll cover anything else that members want to bring up.

Please check out post #1 on this thread for more information on joining HSC.

After a summer break, the Club breakfasts restarted in September and will continue on the first and third Sundays from 7:30 until roughly 10:30. This is a great time to catch up with folks and enjoy a good hot breakfast.

Thanks very much,
- Dan

When's the next meeting?

I'm looking for a range in my area (Acton), and I've had several people recommend your club.

Is it possible for a prospective member to get a quick tour of the facilities before dropping the $300 in initial fees?

Meetings are the first Thursday of the month. Show up at 6:30. The safety tour is the following Sunday morning. I'm there every Saturday and Sunday morning. The club has more than any other club around and ranges from 7 to 300 yards.

I've been coming down to shoot with Metro-West in IDPA at Harvard, and would now like to join the club - do I just show up next week 11/5?

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

If you haven't had a chance to check out post #1 in this thread, it might give you a bit more information regarding the membership process. Feel free to ask questions.

Take care,
- Dan

Back
Top Bottom