• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB MONTHLY MEETING

The next meeting is this Thursday, November 5, at 7:00. We'll be updating information regarding the very active Game Bird stocking program and outlining plans for future projects. We'll be discussing the possibility of a Family Day and a Veteran's Appreciation Day for 2010. We're also looking forward to hearing any ideas about other programs.

Club breakfasts are held every first and third Sundays of the month from 7:30 until 10:30.

Please check out post #1 for details regarding membership. If you're interested in joining a great club, please arrive early (6:30).

Can I assume that there is a meeting this coming Thursday? I have been thinking about joining and will try to make it for 6:30.

How is the indoor range? Are the ventilation and lighting good? 50'?

Thanks!

I'm thinking about joining Harvard in the coming year. Am I reading the first post correctly that February is the best month to join?

I'm not sure why February would be the best month to join. The fees are pro-rated depending on how much of the year is left. You would get out of doing a renewal, I guess.

I highly recommend the club. The indoor range has great ventilation, lighting is moderate. I believe it is 50', but really I seldom shoot past the 7 yard line indoors.

The only problem I've encountered with HSC is that it isn't in my backyard. I couldn't recommend it enough. I've been a member for less than a year but loved it the first day I went.

Yes,new member applications are done from 6:30 to 7:00. You're welcome to stay for the rest of the meeting but it's not required. The safety tour is the following Sunday morning. The indoor range is newly renovated but I don't shoot indoors. There are outdoor ranges from 7 to 300 yards. Harvard is a very active club. If you like doing it,you can probably do it at Harvard.

I'm not sure why February would be the best month to join. The fees are pro-rated depending on how much of the year is left. You would get out of doing a renewal, I guess.

Yeah, what I want is to pay the $300 and then not have to renew for a year. I'm fully aware of how great the club is, I've shot there numerous times for IDPA matches. One of the reasons I'm planning on joining is that I'm getting involved in helping with the running of IDPA matches, so it's only right to support the club that's such an excellent host.

Jar,

That's a great attitude! I joined HSC this year and can't recommend it enough. Great facility and membership and from what I've seen thus far, Dan, the Club President, does a great job and is very committed.

Did I miss it or is there going to be an open house?

I'd like to check the place out in the daytime before I join.

I went there on a Saturday one time but the gate was closed. Luckily, I only live about ten minutes away.

Doug,the open house was cancelled. I'll be shooting every weekend again starting on Dec 12th.I'd be happy to show you around.Harvard has everything.You'll love it.

Is there any way to do the safety briefing before the monthly meeting? I want attend in January but have some scheduling conflicts with the subsequent safety briefing.

Is there any way to do the safety briefing before the monthly meeting? I want attend in January but have some scheduling conflicts with the subsequent safety briefing.

When folks join HSC, we tell them that if they can't make it to the regularly scheduled Safety Briefing then I can meet them at another time that fits their schedule. Usually, we do this after they join, but there is no reason why we couldn't do it beforehand. Send me a PM if you'd like to do this. It's actually a good way to meet folks and tour the club.

- Dan

I too would like a tour of the place. I plan on joining sometime in January, as I need a place to shoot. Just need to get my finances straight through the holidays first. So, if someone is willing to meet me some weekend, give me a quick tour, I would GREATLY appreciate it!
Not going out to shoot, just simply want to check it out. I have heard nothing but great things about it, and want to join as soon as I can. I just like to get a lay of the land, so to speak.

I shoot every Saturday and Sunday morning. I'd be happy to show you around. The meetings are the first Thursday of the month. Anyone wishing to join should show up at the clubhouse at 6:30.

HSC JANUARY MONTHLY MEETING

The first monthly meeting of 2010 is this Thursday, January 7, at 7:00. The outdoor ranges are a bit quieter at this time of year and a lot of planning begins to shape up in January. Members are encouraged to stop by the meeting and let us know what they'd like to see happen at their club. We'll also be discussing by-law revisions immediately after the regular business.

If you're interested in joining HSC, please arrive at 6:30 so that you'll have time to hear about the club, and if you decide to join, to complete your paperwork.

Please check out post #1 on this thread for more information on joining HSC.

The Club breakfasts continue on the first and third Sundays from 7:30 until roughly 10:30. This is a great time to catch up with folks, enjoy a nice breakfast, and decide whether it's warm enough to hit the range without freezing body parts.

Thanks very much,
- Dan

My wife and I were treated to a tour of Harvard Sportsmen's Club yesterday morning by the membership chair, Betsy. We were immediately impressed by the size of the club as well as the number and variety of ranges and activities. We will absolutely be joining and I'm looking forward to the membership meeting this week.

HSC FEBRUARY MONTHLY MEETING

The next monthly meeting is this Thursday, February 4, at 7:00. We'll continue our 2010 planning including grounds work, possible pavillion, fishing program, camping program, and whatever else you want to talk about.

If you're interested in joining HSC, please arrive at 6:30 so that you'll have time to hear about the club, and if you decide to join, to complete your paperwork.

Please check out post #1 on this thread for more information on joining HSC.

The Club breakfasts are still popular and the Grounds Committee have been working hard to maintain access to almost every range. Still, watch your step out there.

Hope to see you there,
- Dan

Can I submit my dues for the year at the annual meeting in mid-Feb?

Absolutely. Many members do just that. Try to arrive a bit early so that you can take care of your paperwork before the meeting starts. Free dinner between 5:30 and 7:00.

Just to fill in the blanks, Vellneuve is referring to the February 18 Annual Meeting when elections are held and we discuss general planning for 2010. Unlike the montlhly 1st- Thursday meetings, the Annual Meeting is not for new member enrollment.

The next montly meeting is March 4.

Back
Top Bottom