• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone ever tried free Bitcoin

Hi has anyone ever tried the free Bitcoin link like this <a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a> and does it work?

- - - Updated - - -

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>

Crypto-currency is is like swimming with sharks. Except for a small cachet of hardcore libertarians and tinfoilers the people using it are shady characters.

Bitcoin is good. Bitcoin is legit. You people need to get out more and smarten up. Old calsified sons of bitches. I will ask Michaela next time I call her with some stupid question and bother her.

Thanks.

lead_large.jpg

My favorite money is listed on the Periodic Table of Elements...
I like that I'm not certain if you mean lead, silver or gold. You get a thumbs up.

Is there a way to protect your digital money with a digital gun?

I do not want currency where hackers can just open my wallet take money and walk off smiling while i stand on the digital street in a ball crying for the online police to chase the hackers down but they fled in the millennium falcon

Crypto-currency is is like swimming with sharks. Except for a small cachet of hardcore libertarians and tinfoilers the people using it are shady characters.

I'd have to agree. A couple of years back I spent a good amount of time delving into the bitcon world. I had a number of miners running in my basement, I bought a few bitcoin - etc.

Shady characters: Yes, absolutely. I had problems both times I tried to buy bitcoin. One guy took the money thru Paypal - and then refused to send me the bitcoin. I knew he had the money , so the next day I got on his ass and hooked up with Paypal and they ended up giving me the money back. Happened one more time too. Reading thru crypto-currency forums I saw copious threads about all sorts of bullshit going on.

The next big problem I had was with Coinbase. Coinbase is like a Paypal for bitcoin. Well one Sunday around lunch time I get emails indicating that I had just bought three bitcoin thru Coinbase. Umm - no , I did not. I immediately got into my Coinbase account - and saw that somebody was logged on from the Netherlands. Directly after that I contacted Coinbase and told them somebody had hacked my account. Their basic response was: tough shit. They used all sorts of excuses about 3 factor security and all that crap - but the truth of the matter was their security absolutely sucked. They got hacked - and somebody got my account information - and then used it. I went immediately to my bank the next morning (Coinbase had to be connected directly to a bank account - same as PayPal) - and had them shut down the ability for Coinbase to withdraw the money. It took a few days - but I started getting contacted by their legal dept. demanding I pay up. I went back and forth with them for about a week and then finally sent one final letter to both their customer service and their legal dept. and told them to **** off - in those exact words.

As a reference point - I have used Paypal almost since Paypal was invented and I have NEVER had a hack problem with them. Coinbase tried to claim it was my fault - no - it was YOUR fault. The major clue was that they allowed simultaneous logins from two different continents. Yeah right - that's a feature - not a bug. A-holes.

So Coinbase took a $1500 or so screw job because they're a pack of morons. Sucks to be stupid.

Shortly after that - the combination of constantly fighting fires - combined with the fact that the mining just didn't seem like it was worth the trouble financially - made me close up shop. I dumped everything and have not touched Shitcoin since then.

Recently I read that Bitcoin was up in the $4k range - if I had held onto the coinage I had back then - I would have made a very sweet little profit. But hindsight is 20/20 - and at the time it looked like a completely shitty deal to stay in it.

I have to say - the mining rig company I dealt with in China - was great. Easy transactions , always shipped quickly and their products worked with no problems. Pretty much everything else involved with Shitcoin though - was a suck job.

I do not want currency where hackers can just open my wallet take money and walk off smiling while i stand on the digital street in a ball crying for the online police to chase the hackers down but they fled in the millennium falcon

Multiple layers of obfuscation is a time honored way of screwing people over.

Just go look at the way the modern Keynesian monetary and financial system is run.

Back when "money" just involved coins made of precious metal - the ways to get screwed were pretty simple. If you have a bag full of coins - you have money. Somebody can steal it from you - but they have to actually show up in the real world to do that. That means you can always shoot them dead - and the problem ends there. The only obfuscation I have heard of from the ancient world - was that in some cases leaders would debase the metal used to make the coins (mix gold with a cheaper metal as an example) . Technically they are "stealing" - but it's still a rather direct way of doing it.

In the modern central bank world - you've got paper money (which they can print more of and steal the value from you by doing so) , you've got all sorts of Keynesian tricks and other ways to "steal" monetary value.

IMHO Bitcon is just another layer of complication - which means it is - in the real world - just another highly complex way of stealing. Somebody takes your Bitcoin - good luck getting it back. It's lost in the matrix at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Bitcoin is good. Bitcoin is legit. You people need to get out more and smarten up. Old calsified sons of bitches. I will ask Michaela next time I call her with some stupid question and bother her.

Thanks.

Bitcoin was the biggest shitstorm I got involved in - in a good while. My blood pressure went down and a whole bunch of time in my life freed up when I dumped the whole damn thing.

The "Bitcoin community" was the biggest bunch of douchebags I've had the displeasure to be involved with in longer than I can remember.

When I shipped in a pair of Russian strippers I put a down payment in BitCoin.

Cash upon delivery and services rendered.

I didn't just happen to have a bitcoin wallet.

I bought exactly what I needed for the transaction and made the payment to the Russian mob.

Since I was not carrying a balance, no money was lost.

I wish I could have gotten into BitCoin years ago.

I would have been a BitCoin Millionaire by now.

Buy enough BitCoin for what you need in the moment and you'll be fine.

Is all your money in cash? If not, bad news. All your 'money' is susceptible to the same thing. Sorry.

Lol @ "free".

OP, not sure what that link is, but nothing is free. You see the word "free" on a link and you should instantly run away.

Before it was actually worth something I had found a few websites that gave away fractional bitcoin for free when I was first looking in to it. I think I had just under one coin worth at the time. I semi stupidly ended up saying the heck with it and deleted my wallet as Bitcoin just seemed like a pain in the butt to deal with at the time.

I don't have any concrete proof that the whole bitcoin thing is an internet-age ponzi scheme...but it sure seems that way.

this...and if/when the gov't decides it's a competing currency it will be shut down.

anyone who buys bitcoin with USD is a retard. If you're computer savvy enough to know how to mine them and your life is really that boring then go for it and then sell them to idiots.

this...and if/when the gov't decides it's a competing currency it will be shut down.

anyone who buys bitcoin with USD is a retard. If you're computer savvy enough to know how to mine them and your life is really that boring then go for it and then sell them to idiots.

Pretty much this, although the early adopters made out like bandits, but its not really useful for anything unless you have to do something shifty with it. The funny thing is as ****ed as USD is, USD is still more stable than that shit. All it takes for people to lose faith in it is some government to clamp down on an exchange- EG, the point where it gets turned into REAL money... let's say the feds do this- then there are a bunch of people standing around with their ass in their hands, although they might be able to at least wash out their coins in some foreign bank if they're lucky... but if just america does it, it will cause the price of that shit to tank before they can dump it and they'll get screwed.

-Mike

Is all your money in cash? If not, bad news. All your 'money' is susceptible to the same thing. Sorry.

Except that if something like USD or the Euro fails theres a bunch of powerful people who stand to lose a lot of money- there's a built in institutional resistance/incentive for it not to fail. Shitcoin is 50% douchebags with cheeto dust on their shirt in moms basement and a handful of poor bastards stuck in Venezuela who are stealing government electricity to mine shitcoins to help their family survive, and the entire thing hinges on some algorithm that some anonymous dude wrote on the internet, well, that and the exchanges. That's literally the one thing its good for- is subverting the government, but given the idea its transient in stability. I'd have more faith in this kind of thing if say, the swiss ran a cryptocurrency and tried to stabilize it, but no country has the balls to ensure that kind of anonymity, not even switzerland anymore. (IIRC they caved right after 9/11 with allowing .gov access to records under some circumstances. )

Shitcoin is a great idea, poorly executed. Nobody ever pondered the stability of it. Even gold is probably more stable than that shit in terms of deviation over time.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom