Havard Members, post your opinion on clays at the range (and other misc topics)

I agree with you I too dislike the garbage and junk at the range . As for clays I don't see a problem with it but if the consensus is that they should be used on shotgun only then so be it. I for one enjoy shooting the clays on the berm but like I said I hate to see a range that looks like thisView attachment 29598View attachment 29599
each one of us as members have a duty to ourselves and fellow members to act responsibly ad to me that includes cleaning up after ourselves.

on another note I am not the range "boss" lol.. I hate that moniker . I stepped forward with another member to be co-chairs for the 100 yd range because I felt like I use it enough why not take some action and help out more. I would really like to thank the grounds crew for cleaning up the 100yd so well..

Let me add too that I am in favor of steel on the 100yd range..

None of that stuff is really that messy (cept for the bottles and such) although frankly people should clean up after themselves. The only thing that really agitates me at gun ranges is if people leave TV sets, busted up appliances, etc, on the range. Years ago when I was a commensurate appliance hunter at one range I used (they didn't ban it as long as you took all the junk away) and I always used to bring a rake and contractor bags to clean up the mess (and on top of this, I even hauled it out in my car so the people who do maintenance didn't even have to touch my trash) and often times I had to take away someone else's mess. That pisses me off because eventually range nazis will see the junk/evidence left behind and then they go full 'tard and they ban everything except paper, so they effectively ruin it for everyone.

-Mike

Bottom line at HSC is everyone needs to start cleaning up their shit. There ain't a bunch of goddamn range gnomes that wait for your ass to leave and climb out of their little gingerbread houses to carry off your shot-up crap. Stop giving people a reason to ban shit like clays in the first place.

(and no, this isn't directed at any one person in particular - </rant>)

Bottom line at HSC is everyone needs to start cleaning up their shit. There ain't a bunch of goddamn range gnomes that wait for your ass to leave and climb out of their little gingerbread houses to carry off your shot-up crap. Stop giving people a reason to ban shit like clays in the first place.

(and no, this isn't directed at any one person in particular - </rant>)

The above is only partially true, there are brass gnomes that swing by after hours and scrounge for brass... [laugh]

Junk like wood and paper, bottles, cans, brass on the cement pads, etc... I can understand, clays, not so much. Out here in central MA there are a bunch of ranges that allow clays on the berm, and nobody has ever bitched about clays as being a problem. Hell one of the ranges I used to go to was delighted to see you using them instead of something else that posed a bigger mess issue. At least the clays more or less mash into bits. Other stuff, not so much.

-Mike

So apparently now you can shoot clays at Harvard. After reading through possibly the most confusing back and forth thread ever created, its now apparently allowed, I think. [rofl]

wow.

Back
Top Bottom