Have you ever asked a gun store to hold onto a gun for you

oh my god! do people out there know that there are more shops out there than FS? must be about 50 plugs in this thread for them. any decent shop will hold a firearm if you are serious about it, with or without a deposit!

I think it just confrims that they're a volume dealer with satisfied customers.

i am not downplaying the fact that they are a great shop with......some great employees. they just seem to have a zombie like following! Carl is in fact a great guy! but don't overlook Mike and Keith up at North Shore, or Jack at collectors. both shops will bend over backwards for their customers as well!!!

i am not downplaying the fact that they are a great shop with......some great employees. they just seem to have a zombie like following! Carl is in fact a great guy! but don't overlook Mike and Keith up at North Shore, or Jack at collectors. both shops will bend over backwards for their customers as well!!!

I have found a number of gun shops that currently emulate the good service that I've always gotten from Four Seasons. Don't know if they are doing it because they've seen the results Carl has received or just because they started the business with the same philosophy. In any case it is a pleasure to do business with such folks.

I've gone into four seasons a couple of times and saw gun I had to have and told Carl, here's $50 hold it for me and I'll be back in a couple of days. He has been very helpful

I think it just confrims that they're a volume dealer with satisfied customers.

It confirms that they're a volume dealer becuase the stuff they sell in volume is priced great, but they rape you on the harder to find stuff. IMHO a great dealer is one who has great prices and services on everything.

oh my god! do people out there know that there are more shops out there than FS? must be about 50 plugs in this thread for them. any decent shop will hold a firearm if you are serious about it, with or without a deposit!

Andy, the idea here is that there just aren't many decent shops out there, within the state of MA.

I just did it today. I saw a nice C&R pistol I liked, but didn't buy it. When I got home I started thinking about it, and decided I couldn't live without that gun. I called the dealer at home, and asked him to save it for me. Today was only my second time in his shop, and he was glad to do it.

I'd say where the shop is, but I'm not going to share the name with all you Bozo's on this bus. Some of you talk too much, act like old ladies and expect the world to kiss your butt. Find you own good shops. I share info with people who share with me!!

(I think this is the nastiest post I've made in a long time. Must be the rain today!)

I do it quite a bit with Ted at Antique Armory and actually have one in his safe right now from a very late night email last night. John at C&F has ordered new guns for us no questions asked and no deposit. Ron at Stricklands will do it as well. But like anything else...the better relationship you have with any gun shop sometimes determines how far they will go for you.

Yes. If you're a serious buyer, they'll hold it for you. Of course, if it's a rare item or something that you REALLY want, you might be well served to pay for it over the phone, & pick it up at your leisure.

State Line Gun Shop in Mason, NH will hold the gun for 60 days with a very modest down payment. I've done this with almost all of the firearms I've purchased from them. Very helpful when you're just purusing and find something you like.

...or played with.

What, you don't like your new guns to have "Oops I dropped it on the floor" marks?

IMHO a great dealer is one who has great prices and services on everything.

Bingo.

Andy, the idea here is that there just aren't many decent shops out there, within the state of MA.

This is what it comes down to. Depending on where you live in Mass., you might have to drive a considerable distance just to get to ANY gun shop, nevermind one that you like.

I share info with people who share with me!!

Don't eat yellow snow...now what store was it? [wink]

But like anything else...the better relationship you have with any gun shop sometimes determines how far they will go for you.

That's what it comes down to.

Back
Top Bottom