• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun Club

New to the MA area and looking to join. A little confused with membership fees? How much is it per year if you dont do the work part?
Also, heard that there are issues with parts of the range being shut down for maintenance? Whats happening with this?
thanks,
M

How is HHRG these days, I became a member a while back, but let it expire, I heard some news about the club going downhill, can anyone verify... I'm looking for a range again these days.

How is HHRG these days, I became a member a while back, but let it expire, I heard some news about the club going downhill, can anyone verify... I'm looking for a range again these days.

Still a member here but inactive. I have been sending my yearly dues in hopes of them opening up the rifle range again. Last I heard was progress is being made and it will happen.

The range is finish. Just have to get ok and set up R.S.O.'s.

I really appreciate you always keeping us in the loop. It is awesome to hear this news. I sure hope to see my friends back down at the club soon if thats the case.

i let my membership lapse because i couldn't justify dropping the money on a range i could not use. are the ranges going to remain cold unless a r.o. is on duty in the future? if so, i won't be back.

i let my membership lapse because i couldn't justify dropping the money on a range i could not use. are the ranges going to remain cold unless a r.o. is on duty in the future? if so, i won't be back.

Same here, I think im joining Country pond next month. The pistol range is never open when im not working and the skeet range is shut down, and it seems many of the guys who are now RO's are the resident fudds I try to avoid when shooting there.

You will find that at any club's resident fudds. I'm R.S.O. On odd Mondays. It's hard doing because I work nights.I get out at 2:00 and work at 3:00 til 1:00. So it a long day. I don't see many stepping up to bat and helping. I see more putting in there 2 cents then helping. What do you think club run themselves.

You will find that at any club's resident fudds. I'm R.S.O. On odd Mondays. It's hard doing because I work nights.I get out at 2:00 and work at 3:00 til 1:00. So it a long day. I don't see many stepping up to bat and helping. I see more putting in there 2 cents then helping. What do you think club run themselves.

This! If you want your club less fuddy, step up and start working to change it.

Ok I'll try and become an RSO as well for the benefit of the club. Meetings are hard to make. Magoo I will send a private message. This next month or two are crazy with my upcoming wedding but I will see what has to be done to be of help.

Most of the members don't like R.S.O. but if you seen what was going on then you would say ok. I think a few quit because they are unsafe shooters. You know that guy when you see him you go to the other end of the line to shoot. When I'm R.S.O. you don't hang over the person you just make sure he's shooting safe and he knows the rules. It should be fun but safe. I met a lot of nice people. The place looks nice.

I let my membership lapse cause the R.S.O. times didn't work with my schedule. I liked it the way it was before,when we policed ourselfs. Yes some shooters are unsafe but its on every member to correct t them not go to the other side of the range. I had times that I had to speak up to people even when an RSO was on duty and five feet from the unsafe behavior.

I am looking at country pond and georgetown.

Last edited:
I let my membership lapse cause the R.S.O. times didn't work with my schedule. I liked it the way it was before,when we policed ourselfs. Yes some shooters are unsafe but its on every member to correct t them not go to the other side of the range. I had times that I had to speak up to people even when an RSO was on duty and five feet from the unsafe behavior.

I am looking at country pond and georgetown.

Same here, I let my membership lapse. I joined in May of last year and the rifle range closed in August I believe. Not having an RSO was one of the reasons I joined. I can come and go as I please, during the hours of operation.
I saw pictures of the range now. It looks like you shoot through a tunnel. Not really what I am looking for.
I've met some nice people at HHRG, but I have joined Pelham F&G.

I did it on Sunday not bad the range is nice. You have to put 5 rounds with a 22 rifle. You get a nice target view.

Simple enough... can I use my new .308 :) haha I can bring my liberty training rifle 10/22 or use the clubs no problem either way.

Looks like I need to take a look at the website and see when someone can qualify me.

They had 22 rifle there if you need to use one. Check the web page.

Excellent sir, going to try and make it either Sat/Sun this weekend to get the qualification completed. Now here is hoping my lady does not have other plans for me haha

Need a note for you can go to the range.

Haha I am not at that point in the relationship... no really she is great woman(does not bother me about my hobbies) just don't know if there was anything on the calendar that I was not aware of. Already have plans to hit the range in Littleon on Saturday so adding another range trip this weekend is going to be tight. But leaving a bit early to the range on Saturday and going to HHRG first may be the exact plan of action.

Back
Top Bottom