Heard a rumor today

Remsport in Ludlow.

They will still be making parts, uppers, barrels etc.

Just can't work with frames anymore.

TR enabling was part of Remsport. Do you know what happened? Wonder if they tried pulling some BS like they did with Ares in California.

TR enabling was part of Remsport. Do you know what happened? Wonder if they tried pulling some BS like they did with Ares in California.

We are pretty close. I have quite a few of their custom builds. They have not discussed it with me, as it is an on going thing.

I have heard a bit though..

In nutshell.. they got on the ATFs radar for something a client was doing. Then the ATF came in with accountants and guys with micrometers etc. and f***ed their life up. Stuff like "Hey your entire 80% lower stock is actually 82% lowers.. so you have 200+ unserialized frames"

We are pretty close. I have quite a few of their custom builds. They have not discussed it with me, as it is an on going thing.

In nutshell.. they got on the ATFs radar for something a client was doing. Then the ATF came in with accountants and guys with micrometers etc. and f***ed their life up. Stuff like "Hey your entire 80% lower stock is actually 82% lowers.. so you have 200+ unserialized frames"

not cool

It seems like it should be straightforward to compare their 200+ "82%" frames with the million billion 80% frames out there and show that either *everyone* is doing it wrong, or they're doing it right.

So basically remsport was robbed and threatened by .gov?

Garbage, but not surprised.

It’s not surprising that the shops that have staying power are the ones that only carry boring, common stuff. Can’t wait to go back to browsing SRs, MPs, and j frame revolvers. Woohoo.

It seems like it should be straightforward to compare their 200+ "82%" frames with the million billion 80% frames out there and show that either *everyone* is doing it wrong, or they're doing it right.

LOL thats cute. Yeah, dealing with Federal Law Enforcement is not straight forward... ever. I know.. I work for them.

They will find something to charge you with. Even if its bullshit, it doesn't matter.. they will use their infinite resources to bury you in fines, court fees, and lawyer bills. Oh your rich and can afford it. Ok.. they will seize your assets, levy your accounts and property. Well now you can't afford it.

You WILL plead it out. They WILL win thus justifying their existence. Then go on to the next one.

Getting caught up with ATF/DHS will make Maura Healey's little lawsuits and charges look like a parking ticket.

Anyone has any definitive input on the PDS issue? These rumors are news to me. Haven’t talked to Joe in a while and haven’t been shopping in a while either. I thought it was odd the last couple weeks when I saw he was closed during hours he’s normally there. Was going to head in today actually, until I saw the Facebook discussion from December. Anyone know if PDS is, or will no longer be an FFL?

I have a rumor-mill update on this which I got from a good friend...so it’s third hand by the time I post it here but it’s the best I’ve got:

Allegedly PDS went to renew the MA dealer license and as part of that process t sounds like his paperwork was audited. I heard that the shop did not closely attend to the paperwork aspect of the business and had a lot of questionable items floating around. Essentially holes in the “what’s coming in and going out” end of things. Again, just something I heard in social settings that can’t be completely verified.

I do have it on good authority that PDSs inventory was moved to Bear Arms in Orange, but not quite all of it. A friend of mine had some guns stored at PDS which at this time seem unaccounted for.

It looks bleak for PDS coming back in the form it had before.

I too got an update PDS. Joe, the owner, was behind on paperwork, mostly inventory related. He was working that job, a second job, and going through the academy and kept putting off the paperwork. The “I’ll get caught up next month” routine. Because of this, it was caught when he had to reapply for his MA FFL. After dealing with that, he chose to close the shop until he got through the academy. However he’s now saying he’s not sure he will reopen because now he can actually sleep and not have the shop to worry about on top of working nights. He is talking about possibly get a license to sell ammo and only doing that on the side, mostly bulk sales. From what I was told, Darkhorse had some different issues that landed them having to close shop, where as joe could have just caught up on paperwork and reapplied for his license but chose not to. And yes, his inventory got moved to the shop in Orange. I just bought a private sale gun from Joe the other day so he gave me the run down of what went on.

LOL thats cute. Yeah, dealing with Federal Law Enforcement is not straight forward... ever. I know.. I work for them.

They will find something to charge you with. Even if its bullshit, it doesn't matter.. they will use their infinite resources to bury you in fines, court fees, and lawyer bills. Oh your rich and can afford it. Ok.. they will seize your assets, levy your accounts and property. Well now you can't afford it.

You WILL plead it out. They WILL win thus justifying their existence. Then go on to the next one.

Getting caught up with ATF/DHS will make Maura Healey's little lawsuits and charges look like a parking ticket.

And then the prosecutor will get a multimillion dollar consulting job at a hedge fund.

Our government makes China look straight.

I'm not much for rumor mills but a guy I work with said Chicopee PD and ATF paid his friend a visit and took a Glock and AR-15 which were from Dark Horse. I asked him for more info, he just said it was months ago.

My co-worker is not a shooter and just mentioned it in conversation when others were talking guns.

I'm not much for rumor mills but a guy I work with said Chicopee PD and ATF paid his friend a visit and took a Glock and AR-15 which were from Dark Horse. I asked him for more info, he just said it was months ago.

My co-worker is not a shooter and just mentioned it in conversation when others were talking guns.
They just confiscated his firearms? Lol, cool.

Back
Top Bottom