Heavy trigger on Glock 34 9mm

OP probably should have mentioned that the goal was to produce a competition gun.
I made CO A-class with a Glock 34 with an Apex trigger. Last year I switched to a Timney trigger alpha trigger and saw some improvement on longer shots and support shooting.
However the biggest improvements came after committing to dry firing 5 nights a week and working on stage planning.

I made CO A-class with a Glock 34 with an Apex trigger. Last year I switched to a Timney trigger alpha trigger and saw some improvement on longer shots and support shooting.
i did read some reviews of it some time ago and was confused a bit, as some said the reset felt too long on it, and some stated that it depends more of the type of connector used - but is it even using any connector there, by design? i cannot tell from the picture.

OP here. Thanks for all the replies. I think I will call some of the companies mentioned and see what they have for the G34. But I know that I need to do something about the trigger to make me more competitive. And of course practice is also a number one requirement for improving my scores.
Competitive at what?

i did read some reviews of it some time ago and was confused a bit, as some said the reset felt too long on it, and some stated that it depends more of the type of connector used - but is it even using any connector there, by design? i cannot tell from the picture.
The trigger geometry and function is essentially same as the normal Glock except the resets itself via a trigger return spring. Which actually is nice when dryfiring because the trigger returns and provides a bit of resistance with out having to rack the slide. I haven't noticed a huge change in the length of the reset, but I also slap my trigger.
The downside is if you use a dryfire mag, the trigger weight with no spring installed is 1 million pounds. lol.

I recently purchased a Glock 34 9mm and it is nice but the trigger is strong. It tests out at about 5lb. Is there a replacement trigger or trigger group that will make it easier to pull? This is my first Glock and I am not experienced with them. Any help would be appreciated.
Just shoot the damn thing, 5lbs is a perfectly normal trigger pull. If you must make it lighter, put a factory GLOCK OEM minus connector in it. Do not polish, do not fiddle f*** with what you know nothing about, you will just f*** up your gun, possibly make it unsafe. The list of people that can truly outshoot the factory trigger is pretty short, if you're that new to a G34 you're probably not one of them, I know I'm not. Spend your time and money on ammo and practice/training, especially stage planning.

Just shoot the damn thing, 5lbs is a perfectly normal trigger pull. If you must make it lighter, put a factory GLOCK OEM minus connector in it. Do not polish, do not fiddle f*** with what you know nothing about, you will just f*** up your gun, possibly make it unsafe. The list of people that can truly outshoot the factory trigger is pretty short, if you're that new to a G34 you're probably not one of them, I know I'm not. Spend your time and money on ammo and practice/training, especially stage planning.
Lighten up Francis.

Do not polish, do not fiddle f*** with what you
well, it ain`t a sacred cow, it is just a glock. mechanically it is a very simple weapon. and a one of those specifically where a polish job only makes it 100% better.

1656612987581.png

But I don't disagree with you.

OP here. Put the new trigger in last night and took it to the range today. The trigger was greatly improved from the stock one. The trigger pull is down to about 3.1 with very little to no over travel. I am very happy with the new parts in my gun. Now all I have to do is fix the nut on the trigger!
I've been working on that part for 21 years. Good luck with it.

OP here. Put the new trigger in last night and took it to the range today. The trigger was greatly improved from the stock one. The trigger pull is down to about 3.1 with very little to no over travel. I am very happy with the new parts in my gun. Now all I have to do is fix the nut on the trigger!
One other question, did you actually measure the trigger pull or are you SOTP'ing it?

(Seat of the pants)

Back
Top Bottom