Help for K98

Hey guys, i'm new on this forum, but I figured you guys would have good ideas on such a common gun. I was looking to purchase a K98 to shoot at the range, preferably German made but i'd take a Yugo or some other to save money. Are there any good gun shops around the north shore to buy one? Thanks

Four Seasons in Woburn lists Yugo M48's for $199 on their page. In the used section they list a couple K98's but they're big $$$. Give them a call.
Jon

thanks Jon, I went there today, but it was more of a collector's item rather than a shooter. I guess I'll just have to keep snooping around for one, you know how these old military guns go. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it

You're welcome. Did FS have any M48's or you going with the straight K98? How about Collectors in Stoneham? I haven't checked their used page.
Or you could get your C&R and order a $200 K98 [wink]

JonJ said:
You're welcome. Did FS have any M48's or you going with the straight K98? How about Collectors in Stoneham? I haven't checked their used page.
Or you could get your C&R and order a $200 K98 [wink]

FS had one M48, but it was a collector's item in a way since all the serial numbers lined, even the stock I believe, so that wouldn't make a good shooter. Also, I sort of had my heart on a straight K98 with the Yugo as a sort of "back-up". I did also go to Collectors in Stoneham, same story, they had all collector guns/over-priced (well over $300). But what is a C&R, and how do you get it?

Start here for info on the C&R
http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=125
Bascically, it's a Federal Firearms license for Curios and Relics designated as a 03 FFL. It will allow you to purchase firearms which are 50 years or older or those firearms classified as a Curio and Relic by the BATFE. You can purchase out of state (mail order) and have it delivered to your door without having to pay an 01 FFL for a transfer. Which means you can buy direct from Interordnance, SOG, Allan's Armory, Empire Arms to name a few. Plus, many dealers such as MidwayUSA will give you a dealer discount if you have the C&R.
Go read and and when you're ready, ask lots of questions. We'll all help you.

JonJ said:
Start here for info on the C&R
http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=125
Bascically, it's a Federal Firearms license for Curios and Relics designated as a 03 FFL. It will allow you to purchase firearms which are 50 years or older or those firearms classified as a Curio and Relic by the BATFE. You can purchase out of state (mail order) and have it delivered to your door without having to pay an 01 FFL for a transfer. Which means you can buy direct from Interordnance, SOG, Allan's Armory, Empire Arms to name a few. Plus, many dealers such as MidwayUSA will give you a dealer discount if you have the C&R.
Go read and and when you're ready, ask lots of questions. We'll all help you.

Thanks Jon, I just read through all the info, and requested all the apps and info. Thanks again, you solved a tough problem for me!

They're the Czech version of the K98, usually made at the Brno factory. And, they're what inspired the Kar98K. The Yugo's are an improved VZ24.

VZ24's can be found under $100.

Century (occasionally) and a few others. Check out Shotgun News.

Granted, they're not that cheap all the time, but frequently they can be found just over $100, and sometimes under. Century had Yugo 24/47's for $89.95 a couple of months ago.

Granted, they're not that cheap all the time, but frequently they can be found just over $100, and sometimes under. Century had Yugo 24/47's for $89.95 a couple of months ago.

Back
Top Bottom