Help me dig a hole. Literally

Here's a photo from about 7 this morning. It made it through the storm nicely. At the time is was only cranked up to about 30 feet. I raised it to 40 or so yesterday as seen in this photo. Still have about 10 feet to go.

tower 40 feet.jpg

Well.........how's the antenna working for you? Got it up to 50' yet? Is it tuning on all the bands properly? Have you been ignoring it or racking up the Dx QSOs??? [STRIKE]Jealous[/STRIKE] Inquiring minds want to know.

Well.........how's the antenna working for you? Got it up to 50' yet? Is it tuning on all the bands properly? Have you been ignoring it or racking up the Dx QSOs??? [STRIKE]Jealous[/STRIKE] Inquiring minds want to know.

It's working well and yes I have it fully extended now unless it's going to be windy. I still have some things to tweak but I'm able to run without a tuner on 40m thru 10m. As soon as the snow is gone I've got a list of things to i want to do.
The improvement is incredible. I still have my wire antenna up so I can compare signals with the flip of a switch. The beams on the tower consistently run from 2 to 4 s units stronger and with less noise. I've had some great QSOs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom