Help Me Narrow Down My CCW Choices. Pick Out Your Most Hated.

I carry a J-Frame revolver chambered in .38 Special, and thankfully, have never had to use it for self-defense.

Any of your choices will get the job done.

Glock 19 or S&W 9mm unless you plan on a lot of gun handling practice under stress stay away from any double single action pistols. This is going to be your CCW forget about optics or lazers. You will never use them in a defence situation. CCW should be point and shoot and that is the practice you should do with your CCW gun. My suggestion is to get a j frame revolver learn to shoot it and get comfortable with carrying a revolver. Save the fancy optic guns for range day fun.

Late to this party.

Glock 19 is a good choice. Reliable. Factory sites suck, so replace them. The trigger sucks, but the Gen 5 trigger sucks less. The MOS plates suck, get a CHPWS plate instead. It’s a bit thick.

Glock 45: completely pointless. The hard thing to conceal is the grip and this has a longer grip. A 19 is a better choice.

Glock 43x. A lot easier to conceal than the 19, but also less comfortable to shoot. Unless you are already a Glock guy, go with the P365xl.

Glock 48: I don’t see the reasoning behind this. It doesn’t do anything a 43x won’t do.

Back
Top Bottom