• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Here's a real fix'er-upper

Found this on the FAL Files... (ain't she a beaut? [smile] ).

sks.JPG

#2 Stamped trigger group is excellent and greasy. Stock is fair showing lots of wear and some gouges [thinking] , but no sign of cracks that I can see. Stock is missing rear sling swivel. Bolt is vg to excellent and carrier is painted with Duplicolor. Ferrule and dust cover are also painted with Duplicolor and both previously had moderate pitting in a few places. Bayonet is dirty and needs cleanup, possible light surface rust on spike but I don’t think so. Gas tube had heavy pitting on exterior now painted, interior looks good. Front sight block has surface rust, and no gas block with this one. Rear sight also has some light pitting. The rest of the parts are in good condition.

#2 is $90 shipped.

Last edited:
For what an SKS costs anyone who would pay $90 for that is, well... loose in
the head.

My favorite part is "The rest of the parts are in good condition.:" [rofl]

-Mike

For what an SKS costs anyone who would pay $90 for that is, well... loose in
the head.

My favorite part is "The rest of the parts are in good condition.:" [rofl]

-Mike

I wouldn't even trust it for spare parts... never mind what's hidden underneath the Duplicolor.

If that thing could talk I'll bet it'd have some stories to tell though. [smile]

I'd give him $40 for the parts and thats about it. Mayyyybe $90 if the barreled receiver came with it, I love an inexpensive challenge. [grin]

I paid a lot less than $90 for this U Fix Em from a well known distributor and only had to buy minor parts:

SKS59.jpg

Last edited:
My very first sks was a chinese norinco back when they were first imported and brand new in the box it was only $59 and it came with a free case of 7,62x39 nork ammo too. At that time for every gun the dealer purchased it came with a case of ammo free too the dealer sold it to you but my buddy had his FFL01 and he gave me the free case with the sks. By the time i realized what a fun plinker this new to me sks really was the price was at $79 for the chino red jungle stk sks I got one of those too. The last time i seen the sks's offered(chinese) they were $125 and thats the last new chinese sks's i purchased.

They were around $175 to $225 at gun shows and still in new condition.
My ifixem yugo sks m59 was only $79 from ca when they were first offered. With the albies as had the best deals on the so called cracked stock albies they were only $79 too and the handguard had a crack but it had the broken piece with it so some gorrilia glue fixed that.

With the yugo sks's finally drying up they were the only thing holding down the prices on the other sks's an soon we will see some higher priced sks's across the board too just wait and see. Remember the cheap 41 johnsons and G43's and look at the FN49's / svt-40's lately too. The ljungman is up there and the egy. hakim isn't too far behind it too so were will the sks's end up price wise I think between $400 to $600 to start with.

Back
Top Bottom