hi newb here

hi everyone new here and just got my lic about 2 weeks ago in leom alp no restrictions [smile] i have a question maybe you guys can answer my dad lives in utah and he is sending me my great grandfather side by side shot gun i dont think that will be a problem how ever he also has some revolvers and some semi autos he wants to send me they are older do they still have to be on the ag [angry]list i dont even were to start all of this thanks for any input

ALL guns interstate MUST go thru an FFL! Handguns MUST go thru an FFL in MA and therefore indeed MUST be on the EOPS List to be transferable.

Now, if the guns are >50 years old (sounds possible here), AND you get a C&R FFL, they can be shipped directly to you as a C&R FFL holder and bypass the EOPS List (for qualified guns only).

See the C&R FFL sticky thread and the one on Interstate transfers for lots more detail.

Welcome to the forum.

hi everyone new here and just got my lic about 2 weeks ago in leom alp no restrictions [smile] i have a question maybe you guys can answer my dad lives in utah and he is sending me my great grandfather side by side shot gun i dont think that will be a problem how ever he also has some revolvers and some semi autos he wants to send me they are older do they still have to be on the ag [angry]list i dont even were to start all of this thanks for any input

That's illegal unless he sends it to a dealer.

That's illegal unless he sends it to a dealer.

which part? if one can buy long guns out of state, and then bring them this way, and just fill out an FA-10 to register them, could he not have them shipped to him and fill out the FA-10 once it got here? Im talking only the shotgun here.

Disclaimer: I am new to the world of long guns, so relax your flaming arms, eeverybody. up until December I only cared about pistols [smile]

which part? if one can buy long guns out of state, and then bring them this way, and just fill out an FA-10 to register them, could he not have them shipped to him and fill out the FA-10 once it got here? Im talking only the shotgun here.

Disclaimer: I am new to the world of long guns, so relax your flaming arms, eeverybody. up until December I only cared about pistols [smile]

Read up on the law!

Doing this can lead to Club Fed time in Danbury.

No, the ability to purchase long guns out of state from an FFL is predicated on the condition that you are physically present at the FFL at the time of sale. No interstate shipping allowed to a non-licensee (except for the CMP, who have a special law just for themselves that allows them to ship to non-FFLs).

The long guns are no problem though (assuming they're not AWs or NFAs). Just have the dad ship to a MA FFL, then go and pick them up. The handguns are theoretically the same, except for the EOPSS roster getting in the way.

Last edited:

NO

That's a free trip to Federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

It is illegal to transfer a firearm interstate between private parties.

No, the ability to purchase long guns out of state from an FFL is predicated on the condition that you are physically present at the FFL at the time of sale. No interstate shipping allowed to a non-licensee (except for the CMP, who have a special law just for themselves that allows them to ship to non-FFLs).

The long guns are no problem though (assuming they're not AWs or NFAs). Just have the dad ship to a MA FFL, then go and pick them up. The handguns are theoretically the same, except for the EOPSS roster getting in the way.

gracias.

but, to play devil's advocate: what if the OP wants to go to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison? [shocked]

you guys are giving me great advice and thank you i talked to a dealer about the long guns he said no prob my dad will have to ship to his shop and he will charge me 50 bucks each to transfer[crying] but he waasnt to sure about hand guns so i will try to get list of hand guns and see what i can find out i will def post some pics when i get the dbl brl shotgun

you guys are giving me great advice and thank you i talked to a dealer about the long guns he said no prob my dad will have to ship to his shop and he will charge me 50 bucks each to transfer[crying] but he waasnt to sure about hand guns so i will try to get list of hand guns and see what i can find out i will def post some pics when i get the dbl brl shotgun

PM Bamp on this forum. Pay the 19 bucks to go green first.

As others said, no. However, he could have them (AWB compliant long guns) transferred to him at an FFL in Utah and bring them home as checked luggage on a plane.

seriously. if those are c&r, you don't need to pay that.

Back
Top Bottom