Holbrooks Sportsman's Club Gun Show-11/18-19/06

Garys

NES Member
November 18-19.

Unfortunately, I'll be in Texas, okay maybe it's not unfortunate per se. However, I'll miss this show.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Holbrook is a week from tomorrow. I plan on going. I'll probably just be in for a few mins and pick up some ammo cans and take a quick look around. With the hollidays coming money is gonna be tight but you never know when you'll find a deal.
Last show that was there I picked up this beauty:

6b460fd6.jpg

Its a Mosin Nagant 91/30 ex Dragoon rifle with an East German stamp (the #1 in a triangle) and great overall condition inside and out. Bluing is deep and reminds me of the Yugo Mauser types. I had seen this rifle at the first show I went to there and kicked myself for not buying after I got home. When I went back at the last show about a year later, the same seller had it still there for $20 more. I haggled him down a bit and got it for a few bucks under the price I first saw it for, $100.[smile] That same show I got a great deal on ammo cans and already need more.

Two answers... Holbrook is on the east side of Mass about 25 mins south of Boston and bring as much money as you can afford to because I regret not having enough cash at many gun shows no matter how small. One Holbrook show I went to I saw a dealer selling an SKS-D (the short carbine Norinco SKS model that takes AK47 mags) and I was low on cash because I figured being a small show I wouldn't find anything good.[sad2]

Two answers... Holbrook is on the east side of Mass about 25 mins south of Boston and bring as much money as you can afford to because I regret not having enough cash at many gun shows no matter how small. One Holbrook show I went to I saw a dealer selling an SKS-D (the short carbine Norinco SKS model that takes AK47 mags) and I was low on cash because I figured being a small show I wouldn't find anything good.[sad2]

What he said. At the Spring Holbrook show in 2005 I found a near perfect S&W Model 10-5 for $200.00 including tax and transfer fee. Seeing what beat up ones go for now, I realize at what a bargain I got.

I bring as much money as I can spare knowing that I can put it back in the bank if I don't spend it.

It's a nice little show, which I'm sorry I'll miss this time around.

Gary

I've never seen a gun club with an ATM! Not likely at Holbrook.

Oh sorry I thought Holbrook was a gun show, I didn't realize that it is a gun show at a Gun Club.

I know the gun shows like the one at the Big E have ATM's.

My bad, but as you see I didn't know about this show, that's why I was asking about it.

Don't feel bad, Holbrook was a "finalist" with Braintree when I chose to join BR&P back in 1998. I've never been to a gun show at the Holbrook club. I did work one of their gun shows (for GOAL) when they held it at the NG Armory in Braintree and it was a decent small show. Once the NG Armories became "off limits" (post 9/11), most/all the clubs that had shows were forced to downsize them and hold them "in house" at their clubhouses.

I just got back from the Holbrook gun show, and well, it was a little too small, I knew what to expect and all, I was just a little dissappointed, nice selection of handguns though. However I was more in the market for a long gun. oh well, anyone know of any upcoming mass gunshows of a larger variety?

I just got back from the Holbrook gun show, and well, it was a little too small, I knew what to expect and all, I was just a little dissappointed, nice selection of handguns though. However I was more in the market for a long gun. oh well, anyone know of any upcoming mass gunshows of a larger variety?

Springfield on Dec 5th and 6th I believe.

Man, this just goes to show how bad reading NES has been to my wallet!

I logged on this morning to get directions to a totally different club when I saw the post about the show at Holbrock. Of COURSE I just had to go and stop in. Left with a few cases of ammo. Darn it all, I didn't need to do that. Did I?!

OK, kiddy asside, it was terrible small. Maybe 1/10 of the Spring Marlborough show. No Ruger Mini-14 mags or IWB holsters - the 2 things I really needed. There were long guns -- but pricey! Someone wanted over a grand for a stamped Norinco AK47 -- evan if it was pre-ban with the "scoop" muzzle break that seems high. Good prices on ammo, even beats the prices I see online from places that wont ship to MA. Ran into Rich from Calaghan's in Marlborough; he said it had been a great show for him so far.

cheers,
Chuck

What'd they have for ammo?

I got .223 for $165 and the same guy (indoor range straight off the stairs) had 7.62x39 for $170. Both by Wolf. Someone else, main entrance near raffle table, had 200 rnds of Winchester .223 for $75. There were a couple of tables offering reloads as well. The guy with the really old looking boxed ammo of all sorts (Yugo 8mm?!) was there.

cheers,
Chuck

PS
Milsurp what are we doing on this board at 10:20 on a Sat night? It's a sickness now! I'm just in the office avoiding my sister-in-laws party were I'm the only native English speaker -- though the in-laws are a great source on AK info since some of them were conscripted back in the days of the USSR.

PS
Milsurp what are we doing on this board at 10:20 on a Sat night? It's a sickness now! I'm just in the office avoiding my sister-in-laws party were I'm the only native English speaker -- though the in-laws are a great source on AK info since some of them were conscripted back in the days of the USSR.

I just got done playing Call of Duty United Offensive for 3 hours on my clan's match server and quit early due to a sinus headache. Now for me its off to bed with some sinus meds and a trip to Holbrook tomorrow morning where my wife can say "I thought you were just getting ammo cans?!?" "You said nothing about ammo too!" [rolleyes]
Thanks for the ammo info.

Back
Top Bottom