• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hora Dolor 3: Oh look, candy!

It's on kids.

Sunday, October 27th.
Townsend Rod and Gun club, Townsend, Mass.
www.townsend-rod-and-gun-club.org/‎

Safety brief starts at 9:00.. so be there earlier than that.

Cost: $30. Thirty dollars per person. $60 per team. Sixty dollars per team. $5 per person will be donated to this website (NorthEastShooters.com) See Joeendris in post #2 on how to pay.

So, Sweetjeep, what is "Hora Dolor 3: Oh look, candy!" (name subject to change)

Basically it is a Run and Gun event. You run a little.. shoot a bunch.. run a little.. cry.. walk.. shoot.. run.. row a boat.. run.. shoot. Then eat and lie about how awesome you just were. The basics are exactly the same as the first 2 events.
See here - http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ter-failings-feb-24th-information-within.html

Differences this time are, roughly, as follows: We're going for max speed. 2, maybe 3 passes. Fast. All scoring is hit or miss with a time component as your score.
You can shoot anything you want. Yes, you can shoot .22s. But you'll get made fun of and you shall be mocked readily and until tears. Unless you're under the age or 15 or a girl. In which case we'll let it slide. When I say girl I mean a REAL girl, not Atilla. Mrs. Atilla is a real girl.
We are going to try this round with no strange mag configurations because the run itself will require plenty of mag changes. ;)

THE RACE:
2 teams will race heads up.
We start at the clubhouse (probably) and run to the pistol range.
There will be a pistol course set up. A start stop plate and a series of targets. Required HITS will be in the 20 HITS range. Per teammate. Plus a start stop plate.

Once the pistol course is completed successfully you will clear the gun and return it to storage. Then run to the rifle range. Once at the rifle range you will choose either rifle or shotgun (or if you are second place to the range your choice will be made for you). There will be 2 vehicles on the range. A Jeep Cherokee and a Nissan Altima. You will shoot around, on, over AND FROM WITHIN the cars to the appropriate target downrange. Only hits counts. Rifle HITS will be in the area of 20. The second vehicle will be the car and you will shoot the shotgun on, around over and from within. Hit count will be roughly 10. You may shoot buckshot though we strongly suggest slugs. If the RO can't detect a hit because you're shooting some sissy pheasant load out of your .410, tough crap for you. But a 4 ball buck should make the plate ring nicely. Slugs are a no brainier.

What happens at the rifle range is this: You win the foot race from pistols to rifles and you get to pick your course first. Once completed you will run your butts to the pond. At the pond will await a boat and a bale or hay. The hay has to make it to the other side of the pond. Once this mission is accomplished, back to the rifle range and you can do the other half of course.

Once done haul ass back to the start start/finish line and lie about how you ran the course so perfectly that everyone else might as well head home!

What do you need to bring:

A pistol. A rifle. A shotgun. This can be per person or per team. There is only 1 active shooter per team, so you can easily share a weapon.

A way to carry your magazines. YOU WILL NOT BE RUNNING WITH YOUR FIREARMS. WILL.. NOT. We suggest coming with as much as you can carry. There will be a lot of shooting and if you run out, you're done. And you'll have to pay a penalty which has yet to be determined. But it will likely make its way on to YouTube and some Liberal weenie will open an FBI file against you.

That's it really. Come in jeans, a costume (hell yes), whatever you want. We're here to have fun and a lot of people have used this as an opportunity to try out their gear. MANY have suggested that their short comings have been brutally illustrated. Be it gear failings or personal, be prepared.

Notes:

The kitchen will be open for food. Breakfast and Lunch. WE kindly beg you to partake. The club makes money from the kitchen. If they make money, they allow us to keep playing, it's simple like that. :) Plus they are nice folks.

We will be checking ammo. At the last event someone was kind enough to destroy one of the AR500 targets on the rifle range. I'm not going to pretend we weren't a little pissed off.

THERE WILL BE NO DISCUSSIONS ON SAFETY. During the rifle/shotgun you will be required to SHOW CLEAR several times. You will not make comments on this, you will not gripe, complain or fail to do so. If you are asked to show clear and you already did, you will do it again. YOU WILL NOT COMPLAIN, YOU WILL SIMPLY DO IT.

IF you complain, grumble whine, roll your eyes or if the RO doesn't like how you open the action they will boot your ass. Plain and simple. There will be no refunds if you screw this up. End of discussion.

Last edited:
The Icky Post...You owe me money post...

[email protected] is the Paypal account. DO NOT MENTION GUNS or any likeness therein. I will send Mrs Atilla after you. While nice and sweet, I'm sure her deranged side can be brutal. She is famale after all, and we mere males....well, most of us

Make it a GIFT so I don't have to fork over any stupid fee. It worked well in the past. It should work fine here. If PP decides to be a prick, well, I'll figure something out.

As mentioned above. the fee is a mere $30 to look/act like an idiot...and make lots of noise. And shoot things. [smile]

All this does is cover incidentals, some gear, and while we hand over a sum of cash, it makes the BoD happy enough to let us repeat the same idiocy in a few months.

There are a few folks ALREADY signed on for this event as they were screwed last time in Winter Failings, due to crappy weather.

As folks signup and pay, a list will develop in post #3. There will be "Paid", "Signed up", and "on deck". Due to the bouncing around last time, those who can't make it, can be reimbursed from those who take their spots. Yes, this will be verified, no scamming your gun folks.

The fee is non-refundable. Derek gets a stipend for every one of you schmucks (and myself), so don't screw Derek. Or Mrs Atilla will come after you......

Party on Garth, Party on Wayne......[wink]

Last edited:
. Paid and signed up post.

Paid, and relatively legal
  1. apacyna (needs a pillow buddy)
  2. Keyser and teammate
  3. Mosher Sr and Mosher Jr
  4. Team Cape Clods
  5. Team Space Cadets
  6. Team Squigly (with oceanographic map)
  7. Team Better Late Than Pregnant!
  8. Team Good Livin'
  9. Team Choo
  10. Team Stop Drop and Compensate
  11. Team Midnight412
  12. Team Throat Hammer
  13. Team Oldwindyways (needs a pillow buddy)
  14. Team Masterbates
  15. Team TWO GUYS ONE CLIP
  16. Team Victorious Secret
  17. Team Hoppes 9
  18. Team /dev/null

Your sad and lonely hosts will be sacraficial lambs for those in need of pillow buddies. [rofl2]

There are a couple from Winter Failings, don't be shy, PST me and you're automatically on the roster.

Not Paid, but place is held pending payment

1. Team Murica (Scarecrow and pillowmate)
  2. Team formula (with airsick bags)

Last edited:
Uuh.. also. Not to be too whiny on this one, but, you know.

If you want to help out, we can use the help. We have been lucky enough that the club can generate a couple helpers and we have had some random spontaneous help in the past. It is all WILDLY appreciated. I wish I could name names, but I suck with names and I can't. Please know we appreciate the help. Like that dude and his wife. Super nice couple that just showed up to help.. crap I wish I knew their names. Yeah, they just showed up "put us to work", Who are you? We're from the website and just want to help. ****ing awesome, you guys rock, seriously!

If anyone cares to help with the run (mainly day of) please drop Joe and I a note. Probably your only real reward will be a handie by Joe in the backroom, but that's still probably better than.. actually that's probably not better than anything.

Uuh.. also. Not to be too whiny on this one, but, you know.

If you want to help out, we can use the help. We have been lucky enough that the club can generate a couple helpers and we have had some random spontaneous help in the past. It is all WILDLY appreciated. I wish I could name names, but I suck with names and I can't. Please know we appreciate the help. Like that dude and his wife. Super nice couple that just showed up to help.. crap I wish I knew their names. Yeah, they just showed up "put us to work", Who are you? We're from the website and just want to help. ****ing awesome, you guys rock, seriously!

If anyone cares to help with the run (mainly day of) please drop Joe and I a note. Probably your only real reward will be a handie by Joe in the backroom, but that's still probably better than.. actually that's probably not better than anything.
[laugh2]

Oh, wait.....NO!

Actually, helpers may receive some small token of appreciation at the end of the day. [smile]

...but not from me, dammit.

As soon as my day off request is approved, I'll be posting and paying. :D

If atilla can't make it, can you just surprise me with a partner? Do you take single sign ups?

My bio:
I like reading, shooting, and reading while shooting. I also like Michael McDonald (so smooth), and missing clays with a shotgun. Pm a/s/l

If atilla can't make it, can you just surprise me with a partner? Do you take single sign ups?

My bio:
I like reading, shooting, and reading while shooting. I also like Michael McDonald (so smooth), and missing clays with a shotgun. Pm a/s/l

I take singles, doubles, long walks on the ...............oh wait, wrong website. [wink]

I have to confirm with the secretary that I'm clear that day before I'll post a definite in... but Team 'Murica will return if we are able and this time Mike will keep his eye away from the scope

Finally a date and I can work on scheduling. Hopefully Cape Clodders will make it this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My bio:

i was talking to mr. endris about this last night and god damn it sounds fun. going to make every effort to DOOO ITTTT.

we'll be settled in at the new place, townsend is not far from us still, so i think i am still IN.

i am not built for speed. as there's a water stage i will most likely be removing my plates at least. i figure i will drown. i may still fall in.

i am so out of shape it's not even funny. someone have water and an anti-emetic ready.

we need a team name.

can my partner be someone who only has an FID card? I'm not gonna ask him if it wouldn't be "legal" I am under the impression it would be fine since he would be under the supervision of someone with an LTC......

i was talking to mr. endris about this last night and god damn it sounds fun. going to make every effort to DOOO ITTTT.

we'll be settled in at the new place, townsend is not far from us still, so i think i am still IN.

i am not built for speed. as there's a water stage i will most likely be removing my plates at least. i figure i will drown. i may still fall in.

i am so out of shape it's not even funny. someone have water and an anti-emetic ready.

we need a team name.

Team Ow, help, it hurts!
Team Bananaphone
Team 'Tilla
Team Ooo, shiny!

we need a team name.

Team Medium Pace?

I can't even post the YouTube link.... I feel dirty already. Adam Sandler song

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OK, I'm in, just need to ping my partner, then I will send payment. He's coming back from a vacation two days prior.

Team Full Metal Jackass:

Chris_1001 in
Willy Hank Tentative

Ladies and Gents,

This sounds AWESOME. I have a few questions for y'all:

- "Each team will have only ONE active shooter", forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that only one person will be shooting at a time, or only one of the two will get to shoot period?

- If both get to shoot, does each teammate get to perform each task (pistol, shotgun, rifle) to completion?

- Regarding ammo: 20-ish pistol hits, 20-ish rifle hits, 10-ish, rougly 50-ish rounds (of course I realize there will be misses and reloads necessary) per person, right?

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

Team MasterBates up in this mutha!!!!

At the pond will await a boat and a bale or hay. The hay has to make it to the other side of the pond.

Could you clarify this a bit? We await a boat that is piloted by us, or we are giving the ferryman a gold coin for passage to the other side on a single boat that is making trips?

What about the bail of hay? How do those get back after the race?

Could you clarify this a bit? We await a boat that is piloted by us, or we are giving the ferryman a gold coin for passage to the other side on a single boat that is making trips?

What about the bail of hay? How do those get back after the race?

You get in the boat. On one side or the other is a bale of hay. Bale must be moved to the opposite side it's original position. Your teammate runs to either side and throws bale into boat and retrieves bale once rower gets to the intended destination. [smile]

Ladies and Gents,

This sounds AWESOME. I have a few questions for y'all:

- "Each team will have only ONE active shooter", forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that only one person will be shooting at a time, or only one of the two will get to shoot period?

- If both get to shoot, does each teammate get to perform each task (pistol, shotgun, rifle) to completion?

- Regarding ammo: 20-ish pistol hits, 20-ish rifle hits, 10-ish, rougly 50-ish rounds (of course I realize there will be misses and reloads necessary) per person, right?

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

Team MasterBates up in this mutha!!!!

One shooter at a time. Who shoots first is entirely up to you. But you both must shoot the "stage" to proceed to the next stage.

ie, you both must complete the pistola stage before moving on to the cars....or boat. You must complete the shotgun round before moving on, etc, etc....

Minimum loadout per person:
Rifle - 20 (Any rifle round)
Shotgun - 15 (slugs or pellets)
Pistol - 22 (Any caliber)

This is a minimum to-hit load. Bring as much as you want, in any configuration you so choose. YOu will be inside, outside, under, poking thru the sunroof, etc, of the vehicles, so load your mags accordingly. As you move position to position within the vehicle, you will have a clear gun, and you will show clear. Load on 30rd'r or 5 5rnd'rs...makes none us.

I have one canoe right now. Looking for a second.

Last edited:
You get in the boat. On one side or the other is a bale of hay. Bale must be moved to the opposite side it's original position. Your teammate runs to either side and throws bale into boat and retrieves bale once rower gets to the intended destination. [smile]

OK.. So there will be a row boat for each team? One team member has to row across the pond while the other runs around to the other side? Is this is a canoe with single paddle or traditional backward facing, row with two oars kind of boat?

What kind of distances are the targets set up at?
Cars will be in the 50-75 yard range. Pistols are in the 7-10 yard range.

OK.. So there will be a row boat for each team? One team member has to row across the pond while the other runs around to the other side? Is this is a canoe with single paddle or traditional backward facing, row with two oars kind of boat?
Trying to get two canoes, but we can settle on a canoe and a dingy [smile]

Cars....? CARS!!!???? We're so screwed. My gun isn't minute of car.
[laugh2]
It's ok, you'll be shooting FROM the cars, not AT the cars...or so I understand it.
From his jeep:
out the back
over the hood
from passenger/driver seat
UNDER the jeep

From my altima:
from passenger/driver seat
from sunroof
over hood
over trunk

[smile]

Back