Hora Dolor 3: Oh look, candy!

BIG. that's what I want.

Good question, what is acceptable as far as 5.56mm ammo? M193?

I'll let Joe and Morgan answer officially, but in the past (and, in general, with steel targets), any 5.56/.223 load which was FMJ, soft point, OTM, hollow point, etc., has been OK.

ANYTHING with a steel, tungsten, etc., core, which is designed to penetrate armor/hardened mat'l is NOT OKAY.

M193 should be okay. As should almost every other 5.56/.223 load out there EXCEPT FOR M855

Basically what Atmay said on ammo.

TECHNICALLY, the 855 is OK against the AR500 plate. HOWEVER it does wear it out dramatically faster. So, NO. If it's your steel, shoot as you so please. But the club owns it.. so no. Anything with a steel core or painty tips.. no. Otherwise what Atmay said.

I will call out the 193 as OK. Though, dollar for dollar I have a case of FMJ and if someone wants to swap out their questionable ammo for my known good, I am OK with that. It isn't target or anything special, but you won't have to worry about spending the time and money and then get your ass throw out because you ****ed up my plates.

P-14: They are both junkyard bound. So while I hope people don't get all abusive on them for the sake of being dicks (because they are both destined to others to have parts picked), if they get a little banged up.. so be it.

Due to stupid congress and their stupid shutdown, I am without a partner for this event. I am in search of one currently and since atilla shunned my advances I am opening this up to the forum.

Who's looking for a partner right now?

Due to stupid congress and their stupid shutdown, I am without a partner for this event. I am in search of one currently and since atilla shunned my advances I am opening this up to the forum.

Who's looking for a partner right now?

No worries, man. There's a lot of singles right now. Might just do a 1970s key party to find ourselves partners.

Bucket
Throw in your car keys
Female blindly picks a set of keys...that's her "date" for the night...married or not, lol
For us, that can be our lead buddy [rofl2]

What time is the first group starting? I can't recall you giving us a start time and a time to arrive to bacon-load breakfast.

Like that dude and his wife. Super nice couple that just showed up to help.. crap I wish I knew their names. Yeah, they just showed up "put us to work", Who are you? We're from the website and just want to help. ****ing awesome, you guys rock, seriously!

That was my GIRLFRIEND (now ex-gf). :) Trying to see if I can make it to run or volunteer again.

Is there a limit on the number of teams?

Team Cape Clods confirming entry.

I am going to bring some backups, so loaners available. Bring your own ammo. I should have a 9, .40 and .45 with 5 mags each and a Mossy 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am the other half of Cape Clodders and am wondering why I would even subject myself to this!! LOL But very much looking forward to the shooting, but not so much the running. Please be kind... I warned by partner that I may be a hinderance, but I am determined to earn some style points...

I am the other half of Cape Clodders and am wondering why I would even subject myself to this!! LOL But very much looking forward to the shooting, but not so much the running. Please be kind... I warned by partner that I may be a hinderance, but I am determined to earn some style points...

You don't have to "run". You don't have to be competitive. You just have to pay the entry fee. The rest is up to you. :)

Last edited:
I am looking for a partner also. I am an OK shooter, and a lousy runner. I have been jogging a bit in the evenings, and plan on taking it up again after this cold is done kicking my ass. I am willing to be partnered up with anyone who can carry me if I get tired. Should be fun

What time is the first group starting? I can't recall you giving us a start time and a time to arrive to bacon-load breakfast.
Kitchen opens at 7am.
Safety brief at 9am.
Hoping to get the first sets of teams off by 9:30-ish, but I'll defer to sweetjeep on that.
How much distance is involved in each of the runs?

- Clubhouse to pistol range
- Pistol range to rifle/shotgun range
- Rifle/shotgun range to pond
- Perimeter of pond

Thanks!
Maybe a mile, at most. The movement to and from each set up is nominal. Pond event and the vehicles are where you'll spend a lot of your time. [smile]

I'll be submitting my payment friday. I believe I'm running it with my cousin, we'll see.

Your minimum packout (shit you have to have on your person when the heat starts). AKA - all you need for a -perfect- run.
3 rifle magazines with 5 rounds each. Not more, not less.
2 pistol magazines with 6 rounds each. Not more, not less.
4 shot shells (for the clays) 12ga or 20ga. If you are borrowing, 12ga.
5 shotgun slugs.

Is this the minimum loadout for the event? also if we have 6 rifle magazines, can we load the other 3 to capacity? the same for the pistol?

Is this the minimum loadout for the event? also if we have 6 rifle magazines, can we load the other 3 to capacity? the same for the pistol?

You got that info off from HD2, Winter Failings. That was the minimum PER RUN. And we did 2-3 runs, depending on the team.

For this one, is:

22-42 handgun, loaded however you want. (still figuring out hits)
20 rifle, however you want (no steel core or penetrator rnds)
16 shotgun. slugs preferably to avoid rebounding particles, but you can use 00 Buck. Hell, you can use #9 shot, but remember, if the RO doesn't hear a hit, you didn't hit it.

This is the minimum PER RUN. Yes, we plan on multiple runs. [smile]

It looks like Mike and I are bowing out of this event this year. I'm sure a lot of people will be glad we can't make it though =p

Anyone that's on the fence about joining the event, my advice is do it, regret later. Mike and I did the last two and it was a blast. Also sorry for getting in on this thread so late! I found it yesterday through facebook lol.

Remember guys/gals, run fast, shoot straight, and more importantly have fun!

Mike and I are bowing out of this event this year. I'm sure a lot of people will be glad we can't make it though =p

Anyone that's on the fence about joining the event, my advice is do it, regret later. Mike and I did the last two and it was a blast. Also sorry for getting in on this thread so late! I found it yesterday through facebook lol.

Remember guys/gals, run fast, shoot straight, and more importantly have fun!

Sucks to hear you two won't be joining us for #3!.

We may have to add a likeness of you two on the field... hehe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom