• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HORA DOLOR - FOURa. Sept 7th. Details within!

Sunday SUNday SUNDAY!!!!! September 7th, HORA DOLOR 4, "Fourth Time's the Charm".

That's right kids, it's FINALLY time for the next Hora Dolor.

When? Sept 7th (Sunday).
Where? Townsend Fish and Gun Club (www.townsend-rod-and-gun-club.org/)
Time? Shooting begins at 9:30. Safety stuff begins at 9 am. (hint, this is slightly subject to change, but we'll make it clear to everyone)

By now we should all be pretty clear on what's going to happen. We're going to show up, complain about being old/fat/lazy/unable to see the target/not the "Chineese kids" and then we're going to have a metric crap load of fun running around shooting at stuff. Need more?

Review: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...lor-quot-Townsend-Fish-and-Gun-club-Sept-30th

You should also search "hora dolor" on youtube and you will find an assortment of amusing videos.

It IS still a team event. 2 teammates.

Stuff you need:
You will need a Shotgun (bird oriented)
a rifle (anything you want, any caliber you want)
a Pistol (any caliber you want)
a way to carry all of your ammo AND YOUR PISTOL
A WAY TO CARRY YOUR PISTOL SAFELY. A holster is best, but we're not super picky.

So here is a reasonably detailed course listing. REMEMBER IT, WRITE IT DOWN. The basics of the course are written in stone.

Shotgun targets are a pure team effort. Rifle and piston are hits required for each team member.

The physical challenges have yet to be determined yet, but they will be the same as in previous events.

Teams will all be SINGLE shooters. The exception will be the shotgun where after the aerials both will be able to shoot at ground targets at the same time.

Rifle targets will be steel plates in the corners of the range. Pistol will be a combination of steel and paper.

Starting at the clubhouse:

Run around "the rock" to the shotgun range
At the shotgun range you/your partner will launch up to 6 aerial clays. Each team must hit 2 total. As soon as you hit 2, progress to the second part of the shotgun.
Once the 2 aerials are hit there will be a series of ground mounted (approximately 20) stakes which will have clays on them. All clays must be shot. there may be a mix of steel plates too.
When the clays are hit, the RO will call clear and the team will reset their own shot clays. When done they will reset the shotguns to the stand and proceed to the rifle range by way of a physical challenge.

At the rifle range:
The RO will direct each team left or right (arbitrary, but teams will do both sides).

Left side:
Far left: the Jeep Cherokee from the last event. Course of fire will be the same as the last event - 10 hits out of the rear hatch, 10 hits out of the passenger door, 10 hits from underneath the car and 10 hits from over the hood.
The team will proceed directly right one spot to a VTAC type board. There will be 10 shapes cut in the board in which the runner must get one hit through each shape before proceeding to the next.

Once they have completed EITHER parts of the left/right, they will run a physical challenge. On their return they will do the other half of the rifle course.

Right side:
Far right: there will be a roughly 5 foot high, roughly 35 degree angled simulated roof section which the teams must climb and perch on. The will then get 5 hits on steel before -
moving left one spot where there will be a stack of pallets. The shooter must be on the platform and get 10 hits on steel.
ONLY THE RIGHT SIDE will then have a 3rd obstacle. It will be a very low to the ground, floating platform. Runners must be knees forward on the platform. On the platform will be a borrowed .50 cal Barrett. THANK YOU PRECISION POINT FIREARMS. The team has 4 rounds to hit 2 (target unknown, probably a gallon of water, something explody and awesome).

Team will leave, perform a physical challenge on the way to the pistol range.

At the pistol range there will be a left and a right.

Left will be an initial 2 rounds on a steel plate, likely through a tube or barrel or something similar. Then a slightly elevated snow fence which behind will be 3-5 paper targets at roughly knee height. Shooters must put 2 shots on each paper.
From here they stand up, pivot right and shoot 2 hits each on 4 steel plates at the end of the range.

The right side will be a mirror, however instead of a "low" target setup, we'll use a set of carpenters type staging and set an elevated platform in which the shooters will climb and shoot down on 3-5 paper targets before proceeding to the 4 steels at the end of the range.

For the elevated section the shooter will need to show clear and stow the pistol either in a holster or on the deck of the platform (in a loaned holster) before climbing up/down the staging.

Between the left and right sections of the pistol the runners will perform a physical challenge.

Once done shooting they will return to the clubhouse and time will stop.

Wait.. did you say FIFTY?

Yes, the fine Gentlemen over at Precision Point Firearms in Woburn have generously donated use of their Barrett .50 for use in the event. So, hint hint, it might make sense for you to contact them in the case you need some stuff. You know.. "support those who are supporting you". www.precisionpointfirearms.com (781) 305-3562. Do it. Tell them Morgan and Joe (And the Hora Dolor) sent you.

We will supply the .50 cal.

You can SHARE EVERY WEAPON as only one shooter per team at a time. Slight exception being the shotgun. You CAN share, But it's cool to have 2 shooters here.

Don't have a weapon? We'll try to have loaners, but guess what, everyone who participates in these shoots has been AWESOME and nearly everyone, every time, has offered to share their equipment. JUST ASK IN A POST.

ALSO: Since you are an astute reader, you noticed above that we'll be CARRYING OUR PISTOLS. The whole time. Yeah. Since you guys have had such a great track record, we have been granted a new privilege! Cool huh?

So, How do you sign up??

Well.. since my range wife Joe has a big damn mouth and got booted from the forums, you will have to ask me any and all questions. I'll do my best to be online as much as possible (though I'll be out of touch tomorrow and Thursday, July 30th and 31st). You can either Paypal [email protected]. Sending it quietly as a gift is best as we can avoid the fee. Plus Paypal is gun-phobic and will take a huge dump on us. If you have a moral quandary with this, PM me and we'll work out other arrangements.

Costs PER MEMBER:
$45.

Are you a repeat offender? Cool.. thanks! $40 for you.

Again.. paypal [email protected].

I'll post up a FAQ on Thursday or Friday. But otherwise, all your questions can and will be answered if you read the base posts on the other Hora Dolors. FAQ will include why the cost is a little higher than the original $25 and less than the $50 from last time. But I think it is safe to assume that you WILL get your monies worth.

Finally: If you want to volunteer your services as a Range Officer or helper or basically anything, we'll take you up on that. Please PM me.

Last edited:
Reserved for FAQ

A1: DO NOT FEAR BEING COMPETITIVE. Or even actually running. I'd say that about 50% of the teams just run to run (or walk). We're setting up a course of fire that not many get to do on a regular basis, come out, have fun. Last run we had a pair of teams that "ran" the first pass of the event. They "strolled" the second pass, shared effort with their competitors, did stuff for them (loaded mags I think, performed parts of their physical challenge, etc) they finished.. about 30 seconds slower. :) Just have fun.

1: If you don't have a teammate - post up that you're looking for one. You'll find a partner. Or JUST HOW UP. This has happened a lot! One teammate bails/get's hurt/is Atilla and the teammate just rolls dirty. Guess what, no one has EVER wanted to run and been denied. Not one. We have also had several spectators join the fray "I just came to watch, but man this looks like fun.". Guess what.. they participated.

2: I don't have "a" gun - We'll do our best to have loaners available. Contact me if you will need a loaner. Shotgun will be a 12g, pistol will be a 9mm, rifle is a .223 (scoped). Bring that ammo.

3: HOW MUCH AMMO DO I NEED - Well, count the above required hits. That's your minimum loadout. YOU MUST HAVE THAT AS A MINIMUM. If you fail to get the required hit and you are out of ammo, you suck at life and are going to be penalized. Of course we'll let you run the rest of the course, but you will.. be.. penalized. Right Atilla? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22UcO2_L_Q

BRING EXTRA AMMO ON YOUR PERSON. BRING AS MUCH AS YOU THINK YOU MIGHT NEED. BRING AMMO TO SHARE WITH A FRIEND.

4: Magazines? Yes, use them. I don't care how they are loaded, how large they are or how many you have.
If you don't have "enough", post up and I bet you can find a friend to share with you.

5: Do you wish to use a gun that is a bolt action/clip fed/revolver/just plain weird? That's cool. I like that kind of stuff. Bring it and we'll grant you bonus time so you are not unduly penalized in your efforts to use weird stuff.

6: Do I need to carry EVERYTHING? No. You will stage your rifle, and your shotgun. You will carry your PISTOL. It will be unmagazined and you will show empty early, and often. If you don't have a proper holster, don't worry. You don't -have- to carry it, you CAN carry it. If you do not have a holster there will be a loaner provided for the part where you have to climb the staging. It might be a "holster" but it will be a safe place to put the gun.

7: AMMO: NO STEEL CORE, NO PENETRATORS, NOTHING THAT WILL DAMAGE THE STEEL PLATES. PLEASE!!! Reminder, the .50 cal ammo will be provided.

8: We will NOT be able to sight in before the event begins. Please come prepared.

Last edited:
If you want your name replaced with a team name and or screen name, let me know.

Paid up folks as of 12:19 pm, 8/5/14

Beastly Adams and partner A (who is not part of "the Aarons")
Chris1001 and WillyHank ...............Team FULL METAL JACKASS
OldWindyWays and Aaron .............THE AARONS.
K&L...........................................Reed Shooting Sports Kollective.
................................................SONS of PITCHES.
ThorMX538 and J.........................Team Pup 'N Suds
Kenny P. and partner.
John H.......................................(I have no screen name, partner info or team name)
P-14 and dessert1st.....................Scared Hitless
Precision Point Firearms.................Fotze Zerstorer
................................................Team Alpha Concealment.
Atilla and Edgeofcrimson................Team Italian Dumpster Rape
Spencer and teammate.................Team Oil Dudes.

Needs a partner:
glock2726

Updated 8/12/14 - 12:43pm

Last edited:
Sweet jeep, previously the rifle shooting was on steel,plate and ammo was restricted to non steel core, is that going to be different this year?

For the 50, do we need to bring factory ammo for it, or will the required ammo be available for purchase at the event?

Will there be time in the morning to get rifles zerod?

Additionally, I have enough toys now, i can help out if people are missing a specific type of firearm, you bring the ammo

Sweet jeep, previously the rifle shooting was on steel,plate and ammo was restricted to non steel core, is that going to be different this year?

For the 50, do we need to bring factory ammo for it, or will the required ammo be available for purchase at the event?

Will there be time in the morning to get rifles zerod?
I think it's supplied...
You will need "ROUGHLY" a lot of ammo. I did the numbers on how much you need, but I forget where I left it. And I have been so lazy about getting this post up that I felt it more important to make this post than to do the ammo count. You will need around 20 rounds of bird shot per teammate, around 50 rounds of rifle per teammate and around 30 rounds of pistol per teammate.

We will supply the .50 cal.

I'm in, just need to confirm with my prior partner. due to his work, he's not on the forums much.

He's in

Last edited:
In. Paying shortly. Giggity.

WTF I've never seen this before: It's asking for your first and last name. Please PM me when you get the chance. I won't just assume it's Joe Endris.

Last edited:
I know I've asked this question several times in several different ways, but regarding magazines, will we have the opportunity to reload the mags themselves during the course, or is it expected to have that amount of ammo listed in magazines amongst the team? In other words, is this event run in a timed/relay fashion for the overall thing, or is it kind of based on each obstacle with some down time in between? I don't want to spend a bunch of money buying twice as many MA compliant mags as I need, since they're pretty useless in NH [smile]

Either way I'm definitely in with at least one team, possibly two teams (they aren't currently members here, but I can make them register if necessary)

Last edited:
What kind of mags do you need? I have some AR prebans that I loaned out in HD3.

G17. I only have 4 10rd mags for it.

For the AR, I have 6 10rd mags, and a buddy of mine has another 10 I can take if necessary. I may even have some pre-ban 30rd ones laying around now that I think about it.

Does anyone have any full size M&P 40 mags I can borrow? Looking for about 3.......

I know I've asked this question several times in several different ways, but regarding magazines, will we have the opportunity to reload the mags themselves during the course, or is it expected to have that amount of ammo listed in magazines amongst the team? In other words, is this event run in a timed/relay fashion for the overall thing, or is it kind of based on each obstacle with some down time in between? I don't want to spend a bunch of money buying twice as many MA compliant mags as I need, since they're pretty useless in NH [smile]

Either way I'm definitely in with at least one team, possibly two teams (they aren't currently members here, but I can make them register if necessary)
I would wait until the course of firebis determined before you run out and buy stuff just for this. I recall at least one event had a specific load out for the first mags and then it was a free for all

I would wait until the course of firebis determined before you run out and buy stuff just for this. I recall at least one event had a specific load out for the first mags and then it was a free for all

Gotcha. Just trying to plan ahead so I don't get stuck paying some LGS $35 for 10rd Glock mags the day before.

Noxin: No worry on the .50 ammo. It will be supplied.
There will NOT be time to zero the morning of. We can't shoot until 9:00 and.. so.. nope. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey There Mr_hao. Hope you guys can join us again!

I definitely need to find time to re-zero my AR along with the new red dot, cannot wait for this..... yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Noxin: No worry on the .50 ammo. It will be supplied.
There will NOT be time to zero the morning of. We can't shoot until 9:00 and.. so.. nope. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey There Mr_hao. Hope you guys can join us again!

I'm good, I just wanted to get answers to the FAQs early :D

heh heh. Fear not. I'll start listing teams when I get a list from Joe too. But he's all "I'm on vacation.. blah blah blah". At least that's what I think he said.. I wasn't listening.

GUYS!!! I SCREWED UP!!!!

Please terminate and resubmit payment to

[email protected]

I am terribly sorry!!!!

I mainly blame Joe and his big fat trap for getting kicked off the board and not being able to correct this on the fly.
Please let me know if you have trouble and we'll figure out what to do.

This is how you fix it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ637&m=HTQ

Joe will relay information to me about payments, so if your name/team name doesn't appear fairly soon, let me know.

thanks and apologies again.

Wow.. I am a little dissappointed I haven't had more people sign up so far. Maybe we're losing our cool?? Rest assured, it'll be a better time for those who do show up! ;)

Back
Top Bottom