Hora Dolor round 3. Any interest?

When are we thinking about this....given a few weeks notice, I'd be interested.

And a question....if this happens in the commiewealth, is it covered by a competition exemption if I don't have an LTC? I just sent paperwork to Cambridge, and unless we're gonna do it next August, I won't have it.

It will happen in the People's Republik. If I am honest I have no idea how that competition thing works. But it should. You will be paying to be there and play, we keep score and there may be prizes (there were last time). We are also on a club grounds that the (near) exclusive use is for shooting sports. I'd ask a lawyer type.. but, as yet, it has been less of an issue than time I kicked an ant while I was driving a lawnmower.
For the out of state types who have shot, it's basically been "follow the rules as best you can and don't speed on the way to the event".

*Also*

In an effort to reduce up front costs, I believe we are going to forgo the prepaid lunch and t-shirt as part of the event fee (though we will beg you to buy lunch/breakfast/bacon from the club to help support the club and the event). Howwver there will be a slight bump as a forced donation to this site (Northeastshooters), it will be called out at the time of the announcement for the event.

jibb, your best bet is to partner with someone in MA and use their guns during the event. "Under the supervision of an LTC holder"

I'd be a tentative in, depending on date....and Noxin has a great idea, so I'll be looking for a partner....I Can't run, by I can't shoot either, so keep that in mind

Also a tentative in.

I'll need a partner who can carry the weight of the team while making me look good to the spectators.

Last edited:
I'm in! Will be running the same gear as last time.

Would like to see some form of relay portion added in, where one member of team has to run somewhere to get ammo for the other to shoot. Then the shooter/runner swap. While the shooter waits, he has to hold a dumbbell over his head (can switch arms, hold with two hands, etc. as needed) . Time penalty for putting the weight down.

I'll check with my previous partner. If he's not in, I'll need a partner.

a bunch of people went tacticool with carriers/vests, but if you really just wanted to have a backpack with the requisite ammo/mags that'd be fine. At no point during the winter one were people moving from stage to stage with firearms on their person.

*Also*

In an effort to reduce up front costs, I believe we are going to forgo the prepaid lunch and t-shirt as part of the event fee (though we will beg you to buy lunch/breakfast/bacon from the club to help support the club and the event). Howwver there will be a slight bump as a forced donation to this site (Northeastshooters), it will be called out at the time of the announcement for the event.

no problem, i think it will be better that way. one less piece of the puzzle to sort out, less involvement from the club in the kitchen sense, and overall might be easier to set up. doesn't bother me one bit.

I'm in! Will be running the same gear as last time.

Would like to see some form of relay portion added in, where one member of team has to run somewhere to get ammo for the other to shoot. Then the shooter/runner swap. While the shooter waits, he has to hold a dumbbell over his head (can switch arms, hold with two hands, etc. as needed) . Time penalty for putting the weight down.

I'll check with my previous partner. If he's not in, I'll need a partner.

please bring your gear bag so i can come to you when i hurt myself... again. i'll be running new boots this time so hopefully blisters will be the worst injury. proclaiming my love for elizabeth warren and then wearing a knee brace for a week made me feel like an asshat.

a bunch of people went tacticool with carriers/vests, but if you really just wanted to have a backpack with the requisite ammo/mags that'd be fine. At no point during the winter one were people moving from stage to stage with firearms on their person.

yep, so holsters and shit aren't necessary. neither are slings unless you plan on using one attached to a rifle/shotgun.

if anyone needs gear i have a condor chest rig with a triple AR/triple pistol mag carrier on it. you get nasty all over it, you wash it, or you buy it. [laugh]

if anyone is curious as to how the rig works, just look through the pictures on my photobucket, lady atilla is wearing it. i can't post a picture as i've sucked down over 10 GB of their bandwidth for the month and they are pissed off at me.

Also a tentative in.

I'll need a partner who can carry the weight of the team while making me look good to the spectators.

Aw. Then you will want to borrow my dog. The spectators definitely liked him when he was part of our team at Hora Dolor 1.

only if they are pink and sparkle-y... in which case... buy two.

You know, it makes me sad that I show up to one of these with a double pink digicamo rifle and a special order chest rig with pink stitching and I still can't win the title of "girliest."

Last edited:
You know, it makes me sad that I show up to one of these with a double pink digicamo rifle and a special order chest rig with pink stitching and I still cann't win the title of "girliest."

[laugh]

i'll be wearing the cupcake patch on the plate carrier.

the worst part? i made it myself.

You know, it makes me sad that I show up to one of these with a double pink digicamo rifle and a special order chest rig with pink stitching and I still can't win the title of "girliest."

No offense to you, but atilla is definitely more girly than you. Part of reason is the firearms that you and family possess. [rofl]

plus he mostly drinks vodka

Sorry atilla <3

No offense to you, but atilla is definitely more girly than you. Part of reason is the firearms that you and family possess. [rofl]

plus he mostly drinks vodka

Sorry atilla <3

But, but...I bake! I KNIT! Atilla can't cook, look at him. And we know how letting him play with pointy sticks would end.

How is it that so many threads devolve into buldgeoning the egos of atilla and/or ben?

But, but...I bake! I KNIT! Atilla can't cook, look at him. And we know how letting him play with pointy sticks would end.

How is it that so many threads devolve into buldgeoning the egos of atilla and/or ben?

Cause we're awesome jesters ....

syzutuhy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom