Hora Dolor round 3. Any interest?

Part of reason is the firearms that you and family possess. [rofl]

Circling back around to the actual topic....

We still vote for a crew-served weapon stage.

Barring that, I petition for a post shoot stage. Stick a post in the ground. Shooters' job is to turn this into two pieces of wood. Shotguns may be necessary.

jibb, your best bet is to partner with someone in MA and use their guns during the event. "Under the supervision of an LTC holder"

A person would qualify under this stipulation. Any time a firearm is in ones possession there is --STRICT-- supervision.

A certain participant, who will not be called out, can share his or her story if they care to do so.

Midnight: I like where your head is at. :)

As far as gear.. we have had people run with full battle gear, backpacks, crap crammed in pockets. I forget who but someone couldn't fit all their crap in pockets and hand carried a mag or 2. Or maybe couldn't find a pocket.. I dunno.

I will say, that as has been pointed out by many a participant that you don't understand your gear or personal failings until you play a game like this and you are under a little stress. I watched one or 2 teams have simple failures and go to almost full fledged panics trying to solve every single problem except the actual problem.

Barring that, I petition for a post shoot stage. Stick a post in the ground. Shooters' job is to turn this into two pieces of wood. Shotguns may be necessary.

Me and al did this Sunday with a shotgun and a mosin lol ..

If I can find some bowling balls and a oxygen tank in time ill make a crew served cannon ....

at least my proclamation didn't get posted. running out the door in typical me fashion and then my little bitch ass knee twisting. so. much. fail.

It was me.

A person would qualify under this stipulation. Any time a firearm is in ones possession there is --STRICT-- supervision.

A certain participant, who will not be called out, can share his or her story if they care to do so.

Midnight: I like where your head is at. :)

As far as gear.. we have had people run with full battle gear, backpacks, crap crammed in pockets. I forget who but someone couldn't fit all their crap in pockets and hand carried a mag or 2. Or maybe couldn't find a pocket.. I dunno.

I will say, that as has been pointed out by many a participant that you don't understand your gear or personal failings until you play a game like this and you are under a little stress. I watched one or 2 teams have simple failures and go to almost full fledged panics trying to solve every single problem except the actual problem.

So as I did last winter, I announced to all at the Winter Failings that I had the only ND ever in my life at this event. AR muzzle was pointed in a safe direction and the round landed down range about 6 feet from me.

First, I've been shooting for over 35 years; Certified NRA Pistol instructor for over 15 years; IDPA Safety Officer for 7 years; avid and safe hunter for 30 years. I still had a ND because this course of fire with exercise and mental anguish caused me to forget to put my safety on the AR and under stress, my finger hit the trigger when I was moving from one target to the next. [sad2] I am not a careless shooter. Several on NES have competed with me at IDPA and know me. Ask Jon Green or Mike-Mike.

After the ND, I was allowed to continue to compete at the HD2 and sweetjeep personally saw my firearms handling and had no issues with it.

My post mortem of the incident was discussed via PM with sweetjeep and cekim (my partner that day). A copy follows. Read the quote below from the bottom up.

sweetjeep said:
Hey Bob,

Honestly, I am glad to hear your attentiveness to the situation. I was disinclined from admonishing you in front of people (my son doesn't count as a people ;) ) as I had a feeling it was, truly, an accident. I suspect Aaron realized this as well and is the reason he made the decisions he made.

Regardless.. there isn't a whole lot I can say on the subject that I think you haven't covered already, out loud or in your head. I know a lot of drills make strict declarations about utilizing the safety. I admit I am at fault about doing so as much as anyone but serves as a good reminder to practice proper safety use.

If you haven't seen it, check out the Excrutiathlon going on April 6 in Rindge, NH at the Monadnock sportsman's club. It is what spawned the HD. It's more physical and less shooting, but a good time regardless. Plus it will help remind you how to use the safety to it's maximum potential. ;)

Morgan

P-14 said:
Morgan:

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my first ever ND (not that I'm proud of it) and have learned the following about it (so that it never happens again):

• I only use my ARs for hunting which is a very controlled situation. Safety is always on unless a deer walks by.
  • All previous situations where I was ordered to make my firearm safe were off the clock.
  • 99% of my competition has been with my pistols.
  • In all competitions, I am totally in control of my actions (and totally responsible for them).

So, I have studied my AR and my actions that caused the ND and understand that if I had just flicked the AR's safety on, no ND was possible for that situation. I have been practicing with snap-caps and no ammo around and can state that I can handle the AR on the clock now without a ND by slowing down when required to show clear and FIRST by putting the AR's safety on.

Hora Dolor really did show me my failings - but I have learned a lot from your event.

Thanks,

Bob

I would like to compete at HD3, but I need a partner. Anyone feeling the trust out there?

Last edited:
Damn! 8 pages already? I don't have time to read them all now, but IN! I missed the last one to a snowstorm that never friggin happened down here.

In, but I'll need a partner.

Sweetjeep & Joe,
I think this should be a three person/team event. Team Spontoon will claim P-14 off the waiver list when you make it that.

When are we thinking about this....given a few weeks notice, I'd be interested.

And a question....if this happens in the commiewealth, is it covered by a competition exemption if I don't have an LTC? I just sent paperwork to Cambridge, and unless we're gonna do it next August, I won't have it.

IANAL,
IIRC if the club make this a competition and posts a flyer, then most anything will be good for your firearms except full capacity magazines.

With this [smile]

attachment.php

View attachment 75938

I could smell the debauchery(lube and leather) from a mile away...tentatively in, depending on amount of running and date. I won't kid myself, I'd rather bedazzle my pecker then run a couple of miles.

Uhh.. OK..

1) P-14. Thank you for posting up, that took a set. And yes, you are welcomed back.

2) Nicole & Acme - I am certain if we can obtain a crew serve weapon we can find a way to use it.

3) Y'all can form teams and make plans, but we are not taking anyone's money as yet. Though it is good to try and generate a team now. They will very likely remain 2 "man" teams. You are required to have a thumb to be a paying member. If you don't.. you can run for free.

4) I am torn as to disqualify Atilla now due to the 'making his own patch'... but the patch is cool ( I think). So I am torn. For now he shall remain in. MAINLY because someone took a super baller picture of him last event that made him look like a man (and not a cracked out, 6'2" stripper with a beard, like usual).

4) I am torn as to disqualify Atilla now due to the 'making his own patch'... but the patch is cool ( I think). So I am torn. For now he shall remain in. MAINLY because someone took a super baller picture of him last event that made him look like a man (and not a cracked out, 6'2" stripper with a beard, like usual).[/QUOTE]

they did?! which one?! [rofl]

here's the cupcake...

attachment.php

that's an old picture to show off all the patches, short bus operator is on the back for this one. the way i have everything on there now i think just the cupcake is on the back and the "liberty or death" skull is on the front. operator status. operators gonna operate.

Attachments

• cupcake.jpg
    cupcake.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom